DISAPPOINTED! Studded Pelham HANDLES are coming undone!

sinniebunnie

Neurotic 4 Alignment
O.G.
Nov 7, 2005
Australia
The sealant on the rolled handles are shredding! I couldnt believe that a bag of this price does not even have quality sealant.. Does anyone else have this issue? Ive only had the purse for less than a month and i do not even carry it everyday.. mainly weekends due to school. I am so upset!

Ive heard horror stories about the repairs at gucci but i am thinking maybe i can just use something hot and melt it back down?

I just called gucci and there is NO WARRANTY because i bought it from bluefly. WTF is what that? This may be my last gucci bag. even with coach you can send a bag into repairs no matter where you got it from!

:crybaby:

Attachments

Last edited:

GhstDreamer

Lady Philosophy
Authenticator
O.G.
May 13, 2008
Near carnage alley
Don't call - just walk into the store with your bag and show them the quality defect. They're probably charge you a shipping fee for sending the bag off for repair unless if it's something they can fix in the store.

Miss Panda

Mar 1, 2008
That sucks. I was thinking buying the same bag when I can cough enough money to buy it. I hope you'll find a solution. This is unacceptable even for Gucci.

sinniebunnie

Neurotic 4 Alignment
O.G.
Nov 7, 2005
Australia
I googled it and it says a show repair shop can re seal it. its basically a plastic like liquid. I am going to try and use my flat iron and see if i can seal it by applying some heat to it.

I actually got the bag for 820$ which included an extra 10% error so i saved almost 600 off retail, i guess i can justify a minor repair for it..

as for the warranty i am just baffled at what the SA said..

sinniebunnie

Neurotic 4 Alignment
O.G.
Nov 7, 2005
Australia
THE FLAT IRON WORKED!!

i have a 400 degree flat iron and i just lightly went over it and it sealed it back together like new.

a beautiful ending to a minor heartache.

Feb 4, 2006
I just called gucci and there is NO WARRANTY because i bought it from bluefly. WTF is what that? This may be my last gucci bag. even with coach you can send a bag into repairs no matter where you got it from!

:crybaby:
Wow that is rediculous! Glad you were able to fix the bag youself at least.

Gucci-Girl

Dec 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
I'm happy you were able to fix it. That happened to one of my bags, I just never got around to getting it fixed. I'll have to try the flat iron too.

baybeesuga

O.G.
Jun 15, 2007
toronto
I've bought a wallet from Bluefly before and the clasp was defective. I brought it into the boutique and my SA told me if it wasn't purchased from them directly, say even if I bought it from Holt Renfrew (Canadian version of Saks haha), they wouldn't cover it. She helped me bring it in for repair nevertheless but I was charged. I'm glad you got it fixed though I'd be sooo upset!