Disappointed reveal

lollie_830

Aug 24, 2006
I was super excited to snag the last trapeze in Souris from the Celine boutique on Madison ave, only to be disappointed when I received it in the mail. The bag has glue on the inside of the front closure and also on the leather. Another minor annoyance, was there was no protective covering on the hardware and therefore there are minor scratches. Sadly I will be bringing it back.

What makes me more upset, is that I specifically asked the SA if the bag was in perfect condition as I am super picky and he assured me it was. So I'm annoyed that I have to make a trip the store and now have wait for another one.

Nonetheless, here's a picture of the bag.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,899
Last edited:
I was super excited to snag the last trapeze in Souris from the Celine boutique on Madison ave, only to be disappointed when I received it in the mail. The bag has glue on the inside of the front closure and also on the leather. Another minor annoyance, was there was no protective covering on the hardware and therefore there are minor scratches. Sadly I will be bringing it back.

What makes me more upset, is that I specifically asked the SA if the bag was in perfect condition as I am super picky and he assured me it was. So I'm annoyed that I have to make a trip the store and now have wait for another one.

Nonetheless, here's a picture of the bag.

It sounds like he sent the last display model :sad:
Hope they can replace quickly for you.

I'm sorry it didn't work out. I've been in your shoes. I had been searching for a large black Trio and when one was located for me, I was bummed because it was COVERED in fingernail scratches....this after I had specifically asked to make sure it was in pristine condition. To add to that, I was annoyed that the SA acted like I was being too picky about it, but yanno what? I'm the one paying very a high dollar amount for a luxury good...why shouldn't I get an item that is perfect and not obviously a floor model? If you encounter that during your return process, don't let them get away with it!

It sounds like he sent the last display model :sad:
Hope they can replace quickly for you.
Knowing it was the last one, I specifically asked the SA if it was the display model and he told me that that color was not displayed on the floor so its been safely kept in the back...there are slight finger scratches on the flap so it may have been on the floor at some point

Last edited:
I'm sorry it didn't work out. I've been in your shoes. I had been searching for a large black Trio and when one was located for me, I was bummed because it was COVERED in fingernail scratches....this after I had specifically asked to make sure it was in pristine condition. To add to that, I was annoyed that the SA acted like I was being too picky about it, but yanno what? I'm the one paying very a high dollar amount for a luxury good...why shouldn't I get an item that is perfect and not obviously a floor model? If you encounter that during your return process, don't let them get away with it!
I totally agree with you! We should expect at least to get a quality item that is in perfect condition especially for such a high ticket item. Did you end up getting your perfect trio?

I phoned the SA this morning and he seemed understanding and said he would try to locate another bag for me. *crossing fingers*

I totally agree with you! We should expect at least to get a quality item that is in perfect condition especially for such a high ticket item. Did you end up getting your perfect trio?

I phoned the SA this morning and he seemed understanding and said he would try to locate another bag for me. *crossing fingers*

I didn't. Sigh. The whole experience really soured me on this particular SA and by then I had lost steam. (I had been looking for months and months, was tired of languishing on the DF wait list, etc) It was annoying that the SA just HAD to get his little dig in, while faking professionalism....his exact words: "Well of course you shouldn't settle for anything less than perfect, especially since you are so sensitive to surface marks. And just so you know, someone else bought the bag you returned as soon as it hit the floor." What a douche! It's not like I was whining about one tiny little leather variation -- the thing was literally covered in very visible scratches! I will never work with this Neiman Marcus San Francisco SA again!

I ultimately decided against the Trio because if it is so prone to scratches, it probably won't hold up very well against my active lifestyle!

I didn't. Sigh. The whole experience really soured me on this particular SA and by then I had lost steam. (I had been looking for months and months, was tired of languishing on the DF wait list, etc) It was annoying that the SA just HAD to get his little dig in, while faking professionalism....his exact words: "Well of course you shouldn't settle for anything less than perfect, especially since you are so sensitive to surface marks. And just so you know, someone else bought the bag you returned as soon as it hit the floor." What a douche! It's not like I was whining about one tiny little leather variation -- the thing was literally covered in very visible scratches! I will never work with this Neiman Marcus San Francisco SA again!

I ultimately decided against the Trio because if it is so prone to scratches, it probably won't hold up very well against my active lifestyle!
I'm sorry to hear about your experience, it's just horrible and I would be turned off as well. I don't understand why some SA's are so snooty especially since most work off commission. And we have every right to be as picky as we want! The best SA's are the ones that bring out multiples for you to compare and choose!

He sure did not have to be sarcastic. I would have answered him in this manner:

"I am so glad that you are totally understanding of my needs. Tell you what. Please let me know when we can do business again...that is when you decide that it is NOT acceptable to make someone feel guilty for wanting a bag in pristine condition. Until then, I guess your commission will have to wait!"