Disappointed in the WC Speedy...

accio sacculus

O.G.
Jan 4, 2008
I got the call from my local LV Boutique today to come down to pick up my Watercolor Speedy 35...I'd never seen it IRL, but after seeing so many pics of her on tPF, I was sure I'd be completely in LVoe! :P

Now this one would totally be a splurge purchase coz DH and the kids just got me a brand new Gucci "D Gold" Tote with white leather for my birthday on Wednesday of this week - but DH went with me to check it out anyway. :love:

I was so disappointed when my SA brought her out though. I expected it to be more pink and purple - like my Aquarelle Bandeau...but it was more ORANGE!! :wtf: I was so disappointed...as I'm just not a really big fan of orange. So I passed her up. :confused1: Anyone else pass her up for this reason or similar?

Sorry it didn't work out for you... I'm not a big fan of orange either. I think you made the right decision! Love Gucci "D" Gold. I've seen it at the Gucci Boutique when it first came out and I was in :love:.

I don't have a WC Speedy, as the Speedy 35 is too big for me. I have the Bandeau and it's TDF!

Aren't the colours of the speedies all different though? At the event i went to, I saw the other speedies they sold but they varied in colour to mine...I specifically asked my SA to pick the one with most pinks and purples for me...

Anyway, it's good that you saved some money! :P

Oh...you guys are making me worry....I just got a call for mine last week and it is on her way to my home (should be this coming Monday)....It is a surprise gift for my partner....I hope she would love it though....I guess I just need to wait and see.....

Sorry it didn't work out for you... I'm not a big fan of orange either. I think you made the right decision! Love Gucci "D" Gold. I've seen it at the Gucci Boutique when it first came out and I was in :love:.

I don't have a WC Speedy, as the Speedy 35 is too big for me. I have the Bandeau and it's TDF!

I actually like the size of the Speedy 35 - but I didn't know that some might come with more pinks and purples - which is what I would prefer. My SA wasn't there when I went to see it, since I get off work so late, so maybe I'll call her tomorrow and see if she can find one with more Pinks & Purples for me...will let you know what she says... :yes:

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I was hoping for mine to have more purple in it but it has a lot of pink instead. Of course, I didn't notice this until I got home but I still love her, so I guess it's okay.

Are you still on the waiting list for one with less orange or did you just pass on it completely?

Edit: ^ nvm, just saw your other post. hehe I hope your SA will be able to find one for you!

I think there are different versions of the bag. Mine is definately not mostly orange. Mine has more purple, pink, violet, magenta, and just a bit of orange.

ITA. Mine has more pinks and purples and seems to be a bit more on the brighter side...I prayed all the way down to the store that I would like the colour variations and I was so pleased (I think the purse fairy was watching over me that day...)

Contact your SA and see if s/he can find you one with the colours you prefer. Good luck and I hope it works out for you. :yes:

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Mine is mostly pink & light with touches of purple. I love orange but not on the WC so I understand how you feel. I hope your SA can find a more pinky-purple one for you.