Disappointed in Saks Off 5th

lilmountaingirl

~i LVoe/Hate LV!~
O.G.
May 5, 2008
I recently ordered some things from Saks Off 5th online. My order consisted of 6 items. One of the items, a sweater, has a dime size hole around where someone’s belly button would be. One of the items I ordered I didn’t get, they shipped me an incorrect item. A third item, another sweater, is also damaged.

So I called them to try to get exchanges for the wrong and defective items and they will not do anything about it. They gave me a smartpost label, which takes 3 to 5 weeks, usually about 4, for shipping from my state. And told me I could rebuy the items at the same price while I wait over a month for a refund. Seriously?

If anyone has had a different experience over a similar issue, please let me know how you were able to resolve it. Thank you.

Oh dear, sorry this has happened. I had a similar bad experience with them at the end of 2019. I had ordered a short, black cashmere coat (still not super cheap at $600) it arrive literally thrown in the box, no bag over it, no hanger, no tissue paper, and to top it off it had TWO filthy, muddy foot prints up the back. You can't make up crap like this! I called them and after being on hold forever and a day I yelled. Then I got a manager. I demanded a full refund, them sending prepaid postage and them sending UPS to my door to pick it up. They did all of the above. They emailed the return label, sent UPS a day later and the refund showed up in a few weeks. I was so irritated with the whole scenario and the giant waste of time I vowed not to shop with them again and I haven't.

I realize that this is an older thread but I want to share my experience. I ordered some black booties that were a great price on Oct 30th. They shipped a few days later via FedEx. The arrival date keeps being advanced and continues to show my package in transit. I have called customer service for Saks Off 5th twice and FedEx 3 times. Each company basically just tells me to keep waiting. I have finally asked Off 5th for a refund (I really wanted the boots though). If they ever show up I have no problem paying for them.

This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced from Off 5th and FedEx.:sad:

Hey Mimmy,

what does the detailed tracking say? Is it just bouncing from one hub to another, or is it "cycling" at one hub? Or no scans?

Kind regards,
Oliver

Hey Mimmy,

what does the detailed tracking say? Is it just bouncing from one hub to another, or is it "cycling" at one hub? Or no scans?

Kind regards,
Oliver

The detailed tracking has it bouncing back and forth between the 2 same hubs in FL (I live in FL). If the tracking is correct it has now done this 6 times. The FedEx reps acknowledge that this seems odd and the one I spoke with 2 days ago “escalated my case” at which point when I checked the tracking later it made another circuit between the same 2 hubs. The FedEx rep I spoke with today told me to contact Saks Off 5th. I asked to speak with a supervisor and he stated that “they were all busy”. Out of frustration I did call Saks and after some back and forth they stated that the best they could do was try to get the item back from FedEx and then credit my cc.

Thanks for listening,
Mimmy

The detailed tracking has it bouncing back and forth between the 2 same hubs in FL (I live in FL). If the tracking is correct it has now done this 6 times. The FedEx reps acknowledge that this seems odd and the one I spoke with 2 days ago “escalated my case” at which point when I checked the tracking later it made another circuit between the same 2 hubs. The FedEx rep I spoke with today told me to contact Saks Off 5th. I asked to speak with a supervisor and he stated that “they were all busy”. Out of frustration I did call Saks and after some back and forth they stated that the best they could do was try to get the item back from FedEx and then credit my cc.

Thanks for listening,
Mimmy

Was it shipped Fedex or Fedex Smartpost? Smartpost is horrible. I had a package leave my state, go through two other states and then back to my state before it was delivered to the post office near me. Then it was another three days before I received my item. We are living in weird times now, so I tried to be patient, but it is so annoying. I hope your issue is resolved soon. This was not Saks, though. I have found that the Saks Off 5th in my area has the rudest employees (pre-covid), so I no longer shop there :sad:

Reactions: lulilu
Was it shipped Fedex or Fedex Smartpost? Smartpost is horrible. I had a package leave my state, go through two other states and then back to my state before it was delivered to the post office near me. Then it was another three days before I received my item. We are living in weird times now, so I tried to be patient, but it is so annoying. I hope your issue is resolved soon. This was not Saks, though. I have found that the Saks Off 5th in my area has the rudest employees (pre-covid), so I no longer shop there :sad:
It is FedEx Smartpost. Agreed, it is worse than FedEx. The customer service number is the same so you speak to the same representatives. I found this out because the last FedEx representative told me I should be speaking to Smartpost. I asked him for the phone number and he said that he didn’t know it. I googled it and it is the same phone number. I now know he was just trying to get me off the call.

I also agree that Off 5th and Saks are different. I have been a loyal Saks customer for many years. It is unfortunate that there is any association between the two.

ETA: I stated before that I called Saks, I just shortened the name, I should have stated that I called Off 5th. These are the reps that I have been communicating with.

Last edited:
Reactions: cbarrus
I thought that I would post an update. After 2 additional weeks of waiting and no refund posted on my credit card it was time to call Off 5th again.

I did not shout although I felt like it. I insisted on speaking with a supervisor who agreed that a 6 week length of time to receive my boots was excessive and that I should receive a refund on my credit card. She stated that she would expedite my refund and that I would receive it in 10 to 14 days!:mad:

My boots arrived this afternoon. They fit perfectly and have an amazing leather smell!:loveeyes:

I called Off 5th and withdrew my refund request.30D7D9DB-0E6E-450A-95AC-F82BF5781DC6.jpeg