Disappointed in my new WOC

theilnana

O.G.
Sep 5, 2007
I've really had to cut back on bag spending lately. I love jumbos, but it's just too much to spend right now. So when I had a craving for a new bag I thought about a WOC. I've always wanted one and there isn't too much of a wait list. So I went for it. I haven't used it much but since I was visiting my sister I thought I'd bring it along. She pulled hers out and to our shock they are totally different. My sister's shinny and puffy and 2 years older than mine. Her's was made in Spain and seems far superior in quality to mine which was made in Italy. Mine is dull and totally flat. Now I don't love my WOC as much. I know that the caviar changes every few years but mine just look lifeless in comparison. Should I see if they will exchange it? Here are some pics. IMG_1481945813.751452.jpgIMG_1481945827.121123.jpgIMG_1481945838.591873.jpg

I used to have this bag but I sold it awhile back. Mine was like your sister's, very puffy and shiny. However, one day I noticed in the sunlight how grey the black caviar looked...I am talking light grey, almost white! I was shocked as all my classic flaps in black caviar never looked like that in the sun, so that was it for me. I didn't want the bag anymore and at the time I was unable to find another. Soon after I wound up borrowing the one that my boyfriend's mother has, which looks just like yours! I personally found that it looked better and not as "overdone" if that makes sense. It also did not turn that white-ish grey in the sun. So my point is enjoy your bag because it's lovely. I actually like it better than your sister's :smile:

I think mine is even flatter than yours and it's made in France. It's all up to personal preference. Initially I also wished mine was puffier and I heard MIF WOC's tend to be flatter (I read this after I bought mine). After seeing some posts from people that love flatter WOC's, I while I came to appreciate the flat nature of my WOC. It looks a lot sleeker and "clean". My jumbo has puffy quilts (MII) but I'm liking the flatter quilts on the WOC specifically because of the type of SLG/bag that it is.

Here is a photo of mine:
IMG_1481978902.652757.jpg

Leather varies, as do preferences. Personally, I think the matte caviar looks much more refined and more black, since there is no reflection. But caviar does get shinier with age, if that's any consolation. I also love the flatter quilts, since I've seen that originally very puffy quilts show their age more when they deflate. I also notice that the grain on your WOC is slightly more fine, which is a good thing in my book. Please don't try return a gorgeous piece because you have found "flaws" after already using the item. Your WOC is super chic and beautiful! I hope that sort of brings peace of mind, but if it doesn't, at least you now know what you want, and can perhaps sell to get a new one.

Reactions: OCMomof3
I've really had to cut back on bag spending lately. I love jumbos, but it's just too much to spend right now. So when I had a craving for a new bag I thought about a WOC. I've always wanted one and there isn't too much of a wait list. So I went for it. I haven't used it much but since I was visiting my sister I thought I'd bring it along. She pulled hers out and to our shock they are totally different. My sister's shinny and puffy and 2 years older than mine. Her's was made in Spain and seems far superior in quality to mine which was made in Italy. Mine is dull and totally flat. Now I don't love my WOC as much. I know that the caviar changes every few years but mine just look lifeless in comparison. Should I see if they will exchange it? Here are some pics. View attachment 3550179View attachment 3550180View attachment 3550181
Honestly, the one on the left looks much better than the one on the right.

I purchased mine in June this year. It looks more like yours and I love it! It was my first in store purchase so it is a special bag. I've never compared it to anyone else's so to me it is perfect. It looks sharper, more modern and really sturdy. The puffier the quilts, the faster it will show age as they deflate with time, just like the lamb skin ones. I bought a vintage Jumbo xl from a serie that had less puffy quilts and thanks to that it looks much more pristine 25+ years later, unlike the Nicole Riche's jumbo that looked like ran over by a truck.

I posted some pix in the vintage and Chanel in action threads if you want to have a look.

Every year's leather and every batch is different, that what makes them unique. :smile:

Reactions: OCMomof3
I don't see anything wrong with your WOC, it looks lovely! My WOC (lambskin) is similarly in terms of puffiness, and I do like the aesthetics very much. I haven't compared with others though, but if it really makes you unhappy and you haven't used it yet, then it's probably a good idea to exchange it for something that you like better!