Dirty vachetta lost its sheen?!

The handle of my LV mono speedy 35 got some colour transfer from a black jacket I was wearing. I read through the forum and decided to use a white eraser to remove the marks. It didn't seem to work very well and now the handle has lost its sheen. What should I do? Is there a way t return the sheen t the leather? Does anyone have any ideas on how I can remove the black dye?

Thanks so much!

I ruined a speedy's handles entirely using an eraser, so I can't really help you. I tried everything. I suppose you could try leather conditioner. It didn't work for me though. Ended up replacing the handles and chads entirely. I don't know any way to remove color transfer. It's really difficult. Sorry!

That said, your speedy is really new. If you replace the handles and chads now, it runs about $145, and the patina on your edges will still match, so if you go that route, now would be a great time to do it. I had to put mine in a tanning bed when I got it back up to catch the handles up to the rest of the piping. You luckily wouldn't have to do that.

The handle of my LV mono speedy 35 got some colour transfer from a black jacket I was wearing. I read through the forum and decided to use a white eraser to remove the marks. It didn't seem to work very well and now the handle has lost its sheen. What should I do? Is there a way t return the sheen t the leather? Does anyone have any ideas on how I can remove the black dye?

Thanks so much!

Hi! I use the set for LV untreated vachetta leather from Lovinmybags. I used white eraser before on color transfer from my denim jeans and it dried up my handles but I got the shine back after using the LMB product. Hope this helps!