DirecTV

caley

hello!
O.G.
May 1, 2006
i searched for anything on DirecTv and couldn't find a thing! lol so if there is, mods, i apologize

any of you have DirecTV? i'm thinking about getting DirecTV for my new house, especially since they have a great sports package and my BF can watch his Boston teams. our house is on a private road so we don't have access to cable. i'm wondering about service in general, channel offerings, customer service, etc. anything you can tell me! :tup:

also, if any of you have the premier package, how do you like it? that's the package the BF and i are looking at, atm. any help and info would be greatly appreciated!

TIA :tup::smile:

We've had DirecTV for a couple years now and we've always had good service and good reception. We got the HD package this year and it's amazing the quality of the picture. We've always had good technicians sent out whenever we upgraded the dish and you can do nearly everything online, like changing the package or adding on a special sports pack. We got it for the NFL Sunday Ticket. This year we have the MLB package and it's great. If I were you, I would ask neighbors close by if they have it. Every place is going to be different when it comes to quality of installation.

I have Directv at my house and am very happy with our service, we've had it for years. We tried digital cable, and though On Demand was lovely and convenient, we went back to DTV. I agree with Texas Girl though, if you're comfortable doing so, go ahead and ask your neighbors their experience with DTV. For me, the quality is great and the customer service is as well.

thanks everyone! a friend of ours has directv and i'm waiting to talk to him and see what he thinks of his set up.

my parents have dish and they're happy with it, but i think the directv offerings are slightly better.

thanks again! :smile:

We've had DirecTV for a couple years now and we've always had good service and good reception. We got the HD package this year and it's amazing the quality of the picture. We've always had good technicians sent out whenever we upgraded the dish and you can do nearly everything online, like changing the package or adding on a special sports pack. We got it for the NFL Sunday Ticket. This year we have the MLB package and it's great. If I were you, I would ask neighbors close by if they have it. Every place is going to be different when it comes to quality of installation.

We have DirecTV HD premium package (BF gets all the sports packages - Sunday Ticket, MLB and the basketball package) and love it. The reception and channel selection is great, especially for the HD channels. It comes with their version of Tivo, which I can never live without again.

Installation in our house a few years ago was easy and the technician was great. He installed it in 4 rooms in our house. Customer service has been great when we needed it too.

Like the others said, check with your neighbors for reception. You can also call DTV too.

I have had the Premier package with two DirectTV Tivos (no longer available) for about 6 years. I think the monthly bill is up to $110. We have had very few problems, and I've been happy with the service. The only time we have lost reception is in bad rain/snowstorms (can't penetrate the atmosphere to get the satellite signal); nothing you can do about that. On occasion I have to re-boot the receiver, no big deal, takes a few minutes.

i'm so happy about the positive reviews here! there is a local retailer that i'm planning on visiting in the next few days. i hope it all goes well.

thanks again everyone!!! :yahoo: