Direct sale to reputable seller...but package stuck at ISC NEW YORK NY-USPS????

sunidey

Feb 6, 2009
Dear All,
I am an LV collector and I decided to sell a couple of LV bags through a reputable consigment store in order to fund a new white MC. I've tried to sell one through ebay and it was a frustrating experience...
So, to cut a long story short, i sent out the package to the store but, as it seems, it is stuck at ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS????
Please refer to herebelow info from USPS website:
Label/Receipt Number: ................
Service(s): Registered Mail
™
Your item arrived in the United States in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 8:04 PM on August 20, 2009. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
Detailed Results:
Inbound International Arrival, August 20, 2009, 8:04 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Do you have any ideas what is this ISC NEW YORK dept?? And why the package is kept there for 5 days? Please note that the recipient's addr. is in Seattle.
Does it have to do customs???
I am a bit worried now....
Thank you in advance
Fotini

I did some googling, and it appears that ISC is International Sorting Center. Supposedly it means your package cleared customs. The tracking may not update until it's delivered.

To be honest I am a bit worried, because i have just sent the bags for sale. There is no documentation in the package other than the agreed price in writing (some sort of contract). I did not insure the package, I just mentioned in item's description "used bags". The package was sent to recipient's address stating : SELL & CONSIGMENT. dept. Do you think it is still in customs?

Also i contacted the consigment store (i dont want to mention the name because it' too early to say anything about them) right after i sent out the package informing them of the tracking no, but i received no reply. Also i mailed them again yesterday, asking if, by any chance, received the package...still no news from them...

What i was trying to sell was: a LV mini Noe & a damier Brera both in excellent condition. The brera was one of my first bags....so it has some sort of sentimenatl value to me...I dont want to lose the bags as well as my money..

How can i follow up on this matter?? Please advise....
Thank you...

You are in Germany. You sent the items to the US. The buyer/consigner may have to pay customs. They probably have to go to the PO to get the package. They may have to round up the money to get the package.

Give it time.