Direct Buy

I think Direct Buy is a good deal IF - you are planning on doing major overhaul to your current home, if you're a flipper or need tons of new furniture. For simple stuff or only a few pieces needed - keep the $5K fee and spend it elsewhere.

My parents joined when they moved into their custom home and got about 80% new furniture and saved lots of money. You should shop around sometimes to make sure you're really getting a good deal, that's what my parents did and they didn't get taken for a ride. Heck, I even benefited :smile:

Just make sure you do your research- my understanding is that's kind of like the furniture version of Amway or a time share. A hard sell that's probably not the great deal the sales people make it out to be. We used to get all sorts of stuff from them in the mail, but honestly, the stuff they were using as examples wasn't any cheaper than if we just went to Costco or waited for a sale at Arhaus. And doesn't it literally cost $1,000's of dollars to be a member?

I totally responded to all of you, with a long reply, but when my thread got merged with the other...I guess it deleted my post:crybaby:.

The rundown is, we have added all of what we've spent in the last 2 years up, and we are going to go for it. Thank you all for your input, I think what I needed was someone I "knew" to approve of the place. I will keep you all up to date, I know a lot of people are interested but scared, like me! lol

Yikes- Wikipedia estimates you'd need to spend more than $20,000 a year there just to make up for the cost of membership alone, before you see any benefit- be careful!