Dipping toes in Dior with the Diorama

NinaVera

Apr 22, 2017
As my first Dior purchase (novice in purchasing designer bags), I'm debating between these options. SO drawn to the White Small Diorama but have heard of stories about micro cannage peeling etc. Does anyone have any feedback on the patent calfskin leather? It's either this, or the Rose blush or grey Medium size dioramas...Appreciate the feedback! :flowers:

IMG_1451.JPG IMG_1460.JPG IMG_1441.JPG

As my first Dior purchase (novice in purchasing designer bags), I'm debating between these options. SO drawn to the White Small Diorama but have heard of stories about micro cannage peeling etc. Does anyone have any feedback on the patent calfskin leather? It's either this, or the Rose blush or grey Medium size dioramas...Appreciate the feedback! :flowers:

View attachment 3682622 View attachment 3682623 View attachment 3682624
I don't know if the patent white version will wear the same way, but the colour definitely won't rub off at the corners like the metallic versions because the way the metallic leathers are coloured is different from solid colours. Still, any perforated leather is delicate around the perforations as the inner fibers of the leather are exposed there.

If the white is what captured your attention, then I suggest that. But if you're going to use it less because you are afraid of peeling, then I suggest the grey version. It is durable, and the lock has a beautiful grey lacquer as well.

Reactions: BagLadyT
Thanks AverageJoe! Should I be concerned about the chain rubbing against the perforated leather - would that have an impact? Also, if it does peel/wear down, would Dior take it in and fix it?

Thanks AverageJoe! Should I be concerned about the chain rubbing against the perforated leather - would that have an impact? Also, if it does peel/wear down, would Dior take it in and fix it?
On this style of the Diorama, the chain should not rub against the leather at all while you're wearing the bag. The chain only touches the bag when you set it down and that shouldn't damage the leather. When you store the bag, be sure to wrap the chain with a soft cloth or tissue paper so that it doesn't dent the bag (this is good practice for any bag with a chain strap).

And Dior will try to fix it if the design of the bag causes damage, and if they cannot, they can offer to provide you a replacement bag or store credit.

I got the metallic micro cannage in oynx just over a week ago and tbh it feels sturdy, but I don't know tbh. All I do know is that it was so beautiful it was worth the risk, I don't regret it one bit. I have a metallic Chanel and it's aged very well, I have travelled and used the bag constantly for over a year.
Personally I think when your spending that sort of money on a bag it should be on something that pulls your heart strings. Spending 2k on a bag is never a pratacle decision . Since I purchased my staples I decided that now I would only purchase bags that wow me.
I was also looking at the grey bag myself when I visited the store, then the SA showed me the micro cannage and I changed my mind immediately.

I got the metallic micro cannage in oynx just over a week ago and tbh it feels sturdy, but I don't know tbh. All I do know is that it was so beautiful it was worth the risk, I don't regret it one bit. I have a metallic Chanel and it's aged very well, I have travelled and used the bag constantly for over a year.
Personally I think when your spending that sort of money on a bag it should be on something that pulls your heart strings. Spending 2k on a bag is never a pratacle decision . Since I purchased my staples I decided that now I would only purchase bags that wow me.
I was also looking at the grey bag myself when I visited the store, then the SA showed me the micro cannage and I changed my mind immediately.
Just bought the silver microcannage and +1,000 to everything you said.

Reactions: Bee-licious