Diorissimo vs Open Bar

Which bag would you recommend?

• Total voters

namida23

Jun 7, 2015
Hi ladies, am hoping to get my first Dior as a work bag.

I am 5" so quite petite, and work as a corporate lawyer. Whilst I love the look of the original Dior bar on Amal Clooney, I know it is discontinued and otherwise very heavy because of the several structured layers.

I used to carry an unlined YSL SDJ which helped with the weight problem. I liked how it held up its structure and found it very functional, but wished it came with a zipper or some sort of closure.

I am contemplating one of the above options. I think the medium Diorissimo (or old small) is beautiful but am worried about its weight. The Open Bar seems to be lightweight but may not hold up structure and does not have a proper closing.

What are your thoughts please? Thank you in advance!!

I vote for the Diorissimo. The leather is exquisite, and it isn't that heavy. It also has that timeless Dior style with the curved top handles and the DIOR charms, so it won't look dated.

Reactions: baghagg
I have both!

The Diorissimo can get quite heavy with its double lined leather. The open bar definitely is lighter, but depending on what you plan to care it might be a bit cavernous.

Do you plan on using it for documents or laptops etc?

Reactions: averagejoe
I have both!
Do you plan on using it for documents or laptops etc?
You are the perfect person to ask about practicality then! Yes I suspected the Diorissimo would be heavier.

I'm looking at the medium size Diorissimo or the small open bar.

I'm unlikely to hold documents or laptops, maybe an iPad Pro at most as I have a separate bag for my laptop.

The Diorissimo is more structured, and as long as you don’t overload the bag it would me by preference. It has great structure giving it a sleeker look. The open bar would be better if you were looking to hold a lap top (with the sides open) but the Diorissimo gives you more options from shoulder, hand, and crook of the arm carry while still sitting nicely on the body.

@hightea_xx do you have the original Bar bag? Would you say it's significantly heavier / less functional than the Diorissimo?

It's such a beautiful looking bag, I wish I could make it work. It also looks more structured than the Diorissimo, which may slouch over time?

@hightea_xx do you have the original Bar bag? Would you say it's significantly heavier / less functional than the Diorissimo?

It's such a beautiful looking bag, I wish I could make it work. It also looks more structured than the Diorissimo, which may slouch over time?

I only have the open bar, not the first gen bar bag. As for the Diorissimo, I would say the smooth leather holds its shape a little better I believe. Especially the later generations. The grainy taurillon is naturally a bit more supple.