Diorever wallet closure - secure?

NYCliving

Mar 13, 2017
Hi everyone,
I Was looking to get this style of wallet, but I can't get over the fact that the clasp opens so easily, with the lightest touch. It's only a weak magnet that holds it closed, so I'm trying to figure out if this will suffice for an everyday / throw in the bag / grab and go kind of wallet. For those who have it, how does the magnet hold over time? Have you had any issues with security, such as things falling out of it or it opening when it shouldn't? Thank you!

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Toronto
The lock has a "nub" on each side to prevent it from easily opening. It should not open easily, much like the Diorever bag closure.

NYCliving

Mar 13, 2017
Thank you for your response. I have not tried a diorever bag. Maybe I will see how that closure compares. To be clear, the nubs don't open when you are just holding the wallet, or even holding it upside down. However, the lightest pressure applied on the flap part of the wallet does open it, making it feel insecure. In addition, the wallet is advertised as being able to hold a cell phone, keys, passport, etc. With a few extra things in it, does the closure hold? How long does the quality last?

The lock has a "nub" on each side to prevent it from easily opening. It should not open easily, much like the Diorever bag closure.

hightea_xx

infusion d'homme
O.G.
Aug 27, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Thank you for your response. I have not tried a diorever bag. Maybe I will see how that closure compares. To be clear, the nubs don't open when you are just holding the wallet, or even holding it upside down. However, the lightest pressure applied on the flap part of the wallet does open it, making it feel insecure. In addition, the wallet is advertised as being able to hold a cell phone, keys, passport, etc. With a few extra things in it, does the closure hold? How long does the quality last?
It looks like the same as the Diorama lock which I find quite secure. The Diorama wallets have a 'fake' locking mechanism (they are not functional but are rather for design and are button closure) but the lock on my Diorama bag is very secure. I sometimes fear I am creasing the bag when I have to open it as I have to get right under the flap at one of the corners to lift it open.

That said, I wonder if that had to do with the size of the locking mechanism? I haven't seen the Diorever wallet in real life but if the depth of the crest lock isn't that deep, I wonder if that makes the locking mechanism a bit less secure?

NYCliving

Mar 13, 2017
I have a diorama and I agree with you that it feels like it locks in place. Perhaps it does have to do with the size of rhe lock because the diorever waller feels very different in closure drom the diorama bag

It looks like the same as the Diorama lock which I find quite secure. The Diorama wallets have a 'fake' locking mechanism (they are not functional but are rather for design and are button closure) but the lock on my Diorama bag is very secure. I sometimes fear I am creasing the bag when I have to open it as I have to get right under the flap at one of the corners to lift it open.

That said, I wonder if that had to do with the size of the locking mechanism? I haven't seen the Diorever wallet in real life but if the depth of the crest lock isn't that deep, I wonder if that makes the locking mechanism a bit less secure?