Diorever pros and cons please/recommendations

chopchep

Feb 23, 2019
To all Diorever owners/experts out there, please help me with these questions. I really want a Diorever bag for the longest time, prob since 2 years ago but never pulled the trigger. Now I really consider saving up to buy it new from store ( I think by the end of the year). I know Diorever was released in 2016 and Dior no longer includes it in new collections. They are phasing it out eventually.

What I want to get is: Black, mini size. My intend is to use it for work a lot, I don't bring too much to work so it will fit all I need.
What I love about it: the design and the hidden logo. It just looks so chic and I completely felt in love with it

My questions are:
1, How is your Diorever holding up in term of the shape and leather?
2, What are the pros and cons?
3, Is this bag quality worth the price ( the price is $3200 USD)? I have heard that Diors quality and craftsmanship are only behind Hermes.
4, Will Dior still repair their bag 10 - 15 years after the date of purchase?
5, Please see pics below, all got the mark from the magnet pressure. Will all bags eventually have this kind of imprint on the back?
6, If Diorever is not worth it , then what are your recommendations? I just look at LV Capucines BB in noir but the big LV logo in the front of the bag really turns me off. Please no Chanel recommendation, I am not Chanel's fan. I have a Lady Dior and will also buy Diorama soon.
Thank you very very much!!!
upload_2019-2-23_20-57-8.png
upload_2019-2-23_21-0-7.png
upload_2019-2-23_21-10-10.png
upload_2019-2-23_21-10-41.png

1, How is your Diorever holding up in term of the shape and leather? I haven't had the Diorever long enough to give you a true review of the bag and it's leather but this is what I think... Mine is in taurillon leather and from my research it's a true workhorse leather that should wear very well.
Pros-hand carry, shoulder carry, and crossbody. classic design, secret pocket, leather throughout, and the flap can be folded back to keep the bag open which gives it another look. Not everyone has this bag so it'll stand out on its own. Mine is the large but the mini is supposedly a great size for the essentials.
Cons- the long strap placement will eventually cause wear on the little tabs if you use the strap regularly. If you wear the bag with the flap closed, it can sometimes be annoying to open and close the bag and I wonder if that will cause wear on the short handles eventually. I still love this bag despite its cons.
3, Is this bag quality worth the price ( the price is $3200 USD)? I have heard that Dior's quality and craftsmanship are only behind Hermes. -Everyone I know who has Dior bags raves about their quality as well as the after sales service. I'm not sure where you are located but you can also check the Dior Outlet in Woodbury Commons to see if they have this bag since it's now discontinued. You should check out the Dior subforum to read about what others have to say about Dior's quality.
4, Will Dior still repair their bag 10 - 15 years after the date of purchase? Yes
5, Please see pics below, all got the mark from the magnet pressure. Will all bags eventually have this kind of imprint on the back? It could be from the magnets but I think to help prevent this is to keep it stuffed when not in use.
6, If Diorever is not worth it , then what are your recommendations? I think what's closer to the Diorever is the City Steamer or LV's new Milla (not a big fan of those little bow on the side of the bag). I think these 2 are too big for your needs. I considered both of those when getting the Diorever and went with the Diorever mainly because it was being discontinued but also preferred it over these 2. I think the Capucines is more comparable to the Lady Dior.

Last edited:
I have experience with the Diorever from observation and authentication of pre-owned ones to answer your questions:
1. The taurillon Diorever is more scratch-resistant than the smooth leather ones, but due to the suppleness of the leather and the way that the bag is constructed, the leather wrinkles a bit at the front over time when the leather softens.
2. Pros: Lots of carrying options; flap closure is very secure especially with the small additional flap for the space between the handles; leather lining; ability to keep the flap opened (attached to the back) for easy access; simple design won't look dated easily. Cons: The magnets are so pronounced that they raise the leather around them; the strap clasps dig into the hand-dyed edges on the side; the flap gets imprinted with the leather edges of the bag opening (although this is normal for almost all flap bags that don't have a second flap inside); the way the top-handles need to be tucked into the hole in the flap wear away at the hand-painted edges at the base of the top-handles over time.
3. The quality is very good. The cons I mentioned above are design issues rather than quality. You should be able to find them at the Dior outlets now, at least some of them, for at least 30% off.
4. You have to bring the bag to Dior for assessment. They can depending on the availability of parts and materials.
5. Yes, all of the bags will have this imprint if you attach the flap to the back of the bag a lot. Some people wear the bag with the shoulder strap with the flap opened to the back, which presses the lock into the back of the bag to create this imprint.
6. I recommend the Diorissimo instead. Same taurillon leather, beautiful craftsmanship, does not have any of the cons that the Diorever has, looks as classic and iconic Dior as is possible (with the top-handle and charms), and can be found at the outlets or preowned for a fraction of the original price:
1472180159511-jpg.3449667

1, How is your Diorever holding up in term of the shape and leather? I haven't had the Diorever long enough to give you a true review of the bag and it's leather but this is what I think... Mine is in taurillon leather and from my research it's a true workhorse leather that should wear very well.
Pros-hand carry, shoulder carry, and crossbody. classic design, secret pocket, leather throughout, and the flap can be folded back to keep the bag open which gives it another look. Not everyone has this bag so it'll stand out on its own. Mine is the large but the mini is supposedly a great size for the essentials.
Cons- the long strap placement will eventually cause wear on the little tabs if you use the strap regularly. If you wear the bag with the flap closed, it can sometimes be annoying to open and close the bag and I wonder if that will cause wear on the short handles eventually. I still love this bag despite its cons.
3, Is this bag quality worth the price ( the price is $3200 USD)? I have heard that Dior's quality and craftsmanship are only behind Hermes. -Everyone I know who has Dior bags raves about their quality as well as the after sales service. I'm not sure where you are located but you can also check the Dior Outlet in Woodbury Commons to see if they have this bag since it's now discontinued. You should check out the Dior subforum to read about what others have to say about Dior's quality.
4, Will Dior still repair their bag 10 - 15 years after the date of purchase? Yes
5, Please see pics below, all got the mark from the magnet pressure. Will all bags eventually have this kind of imprint on the back? It could be from the magnets but I think to help prevent this is to keep it stuffed when not in use.
6, If Diorever is not worth it , then what are your recommendations? I think what's closer to the Diorever is the City Steamer or LV's new Milla (not a big fan of those little bow on the side of the bag). I think these 2 are too big for your needs. I considered both of those when getting the Diorever and went with the Diorever mainly because it was being discontinued but also preferred it over these 2. I think the Capucines is more comparable to the Lady Dior.
Thank you so much for your answers. Those are some great bag recommendations and I will look into it. It's really upset about Dior discontinuing their bags too fast. I am not close to New York at all but you just give me a reason to visit New York very soon. :smile:
I am glad to hear you are enjoying the Diorever.

Reactions: Venessa84 and vink
I have experience with the Diorever from observation and authentication of pre-owned ones to answer your questions:
1. The taurillon Diorever is more scratch-resistant than the smooth leather ones, but due to the suppleness of the leather and the way that the bag is constructed, the leather wrinkles a bit at the front over time when the leather softens.
2. Pros: Lots of carrying options; flap closure is very secure especially with the small additional flap for the space between the handles; leather lining; ability to keep the flap opened (attached to the back) for easy access; simple design won't look dated easily. Cons: The magnets are so pronounced that they raise the leather around them; the strap clasps dig into the hand-dyed edges on the side; the flap gets imprinted with the leather edges of the bag opening (although this is normal for almost all flap bags that don't have a second flap inside); the way the top-handles need to be tucked into the hole in the flap wear away at the hand-painted edges at the base of the top-handles over time.
3. The quality is very good. The cons I mentioned above are design issues rather than quality. You should be able to find them at the Dior outlets now, at least some of them, for at least 30% off.
4. You have to bring the bag to Dior for assessment. They can depending on the availability of parts and materials.
5. Yes, all of the bags will have this imprint if you attach the flap to the back of the bag a lot. Some people wear the bag with the shoulder strap with the flap opened to the back, which presses the lock into the back of the bag to create this imprint.
6. I recommend the Diorissimo instead. Same taurillon leather, beautiful craftsmanship, does not have any of the cons that the Diorever has, looks as classic and iconic Dior as is possible (with the top-handle and charms), and can be found at the outlets or preowned for a fraction of the original price:
1472180159511-jpg.3449667
Thank you so much for your help! It seems like Diorever have more than handful of design flaws from what you and Venessa84 mentioned. Those are what I really need to know. I love the 2 Diorissimo you have in the pictures. Those are truly pieces of art and yet Dior discontinued them. Since you both mentioned about the Outlet, I think I'll have to visit it. And oh my ... at 30% off, I might just bring home a few bags :smile:

Thank you both a ton!

Reactions: averagejoe
F4235B50-8EA7-4EDC-BDD5-769C4E11FB00.jpeg C49144DD-F280-47BA-AC74-2E2807CC1EEF.jpeg I’ve been a Dior fan for many years and own a number of different Dior bag styles.
To answer your questions based on my experience :
I own one Diorever and only bought it at the urging of my SA. One of the very few times I was sorry I listened to her. It is my least favorite Dior design amongst all the types I have. I have found that the top of my bag flap where it is open around the handles has started to bulge slightly from being stretched to go over the handles. And this is not a bag I use very often because I find it so awkward to have to keep pulling this flap over the handles to open it. I have the later version with the smaller handles so I can’t even imagine what the older version with the taller handles must be like.
I think Venessa84 and averagejoe covered this topic pretty thoroughly and way better than I could.
3, Is this bag quality worth the price ( the price is $3200 USD)?
I don’t recommend this bag at any price. But Dior bags in general are well made and I’ve had very few problems with any of my bags over the years.
I bought a Diorama a few years ago that had a clasp that would stick when I was trying to open it. I only noticed this after I got it home. I mentioned it to my SA and asked if they could fix it. She told me to bring it back and gave me a brand new replacement bag. Of course I had not used the bag and I brought it back about a week after I initially purchased it but after hearing horror stories about other brands refusing to even fix defective bags, I was really impressed with Dior’s policy.
I recently sent a Diorissimo with scuffed corners to Dior to be fixed. (I think I scuffed the corners against a cement wall coming out of a narrow gate cuz i’m such a klutz). Not sure of exact age of the bag but I think it’s about 7 years old (I don’t have my records handy to look it up). The bag came back as good as new in about 6 weeks. That’s my only experience with Dior repair and it was for self inflicted damage and not a quality of manufacture issue.
5, Please see pics below, all got the mark from the magnet pressure. Will all bags eventually have this kind of imprint on the back?
I see averagejoe answered this above. I rarely use mine and when I do I usually leave the flap in closed position so I have not noticed this problem with my bag.
6, If Diorever is not worth it , then what are your recommendations? I just look at LV Capucines BB in noir but the big LV logo in the front of the bag really turns me off. Please no Chanel recommendation, I am not Chanel's fan. I have a Lady Dior and will also buy Diorama soon.
A) I have a couple of Diorissmos and like them. However the Diorissimo has no flap or zipper and i’m not sure if you want a bag a secure closure. I also find it heavier than a comparable size Lady Dior so if weight is a consideration, this bag might not be the best fit for you.
B) if pre-owned is an option for you, then maybe a Be Dior is worth a look. It has a secure flap closure with a back pocket large enough you can stick your phone in without having to open your bag. It came in at least 2 different sizes. One of my favorite Dior bag styles in recent years and I practically cried when they discontinued it after Raf Simons left.
C) a more recent style with a secure top closure is the Dior21st. I have one of these and like the cool hardware for the top closure. I’m just not sure if it came in a smaller version. It’s definitely lighter than a comparable size Diorissimo.

View attachment 4351955 View attachment 4351954 I’ve been a Dior fan for many years and own a number of different Dior bag styles.
To answer your questions based on my experience :
I own one Diorever and only bought it at the urging of my SA. One of the very few times I was sorry I listened to her. It is my least favorite Dior design amongst all the types I have. I have found that the top of my bag flap where it is open around the handles has started to bulge slightly from being stretched to go over the handles. And this is not a bag I use very often because I find it so awkward to have to keep pulling this flap over the handles to open it. I have the later version with the smaller handles so I can’t even imagine what the older version with the taller handles must be like.
I think Venessa84 and averagejoe covered this topic pretty thoroughly and way better than I could.
3, Is this bag quality worth the price ( the price is $3200 USD)?
I don’t recommend this bag at any price. But Dior bags in general are well made and I’ve had very few problems with any of my bags over the years.
I bought a Diorama a few years ago that had a clasp that would stick when I was trying to open it. I only noticed this after I got it home. I mentioned it to my SA and asked if they could fix it. She told me to bring it back and gave me a brand new replacement bag. Of course I had not used the bag and I brought it back about a week after I initially purchased it but after hearing horror stories about other brands refusing to even fix defective bags, I was really impressed with Dior’s policy.
I recently sent a Diorissimo with scuffed corners to Dior to be fixed. (I think I scuffed the corners against a cement wall coming out of a narrow gate cuz i’m such a klutz). Not sure of exact age of the bag but I think it’s about 7 years old (I don’t have my records handy to look it up). The bag came back as good as new in about 6 weeks. That’s my only experience with Dior repair and it was for self inflicted damage and not a quality of manufacture issue.
I see averagejoe answered this above. I rarely use mine and when I do I usually leave the flap in closed position so I have not noticed this problem with my bag.
A) I have a couple of Diorissmos and like them. However the Diorissimo has no flap or zipper and i’m not sure if you want a bag a secure closure. I also find it heavier than a comparable size Lady Dior so if weight is a consideration, this bag might not be the best fit for you.
B) if pre-owned is an option for you, then maybe a Be Dior is worth a look. It has a secure flap closure with a back pocket large enough you can stick your phone in without having to open your bag. It came in at least 2 different sizes. One of my favorite Dior bag styles in recent years and I practically cried when they discontinued it after Raf Simons left.
C) a more recent style with a secure top closure is the Dior21st. I have one of these and like the cool hardware for the top closure. I’m just not sure if it came in a smaller version. It’s definitely lighter than a comparable size Diorissimo.
Thank you very much for your thorough answer and review. I understand your frustration and I am sure I will be too if I buy it. You got me sold (completely) on the Be Dior. I do prefer not to buy Pre-loved but that is the only option I have at this point, since it was discontinued few years ago. I am on the hunt for New or Like New Mini Be Dior now. WOW, that bag is just so beautiful.

Reactions: DoggieBags
Thank you very much for your thorough answer and review. I understand your frustration and I am sure I will be too if I buy it. You got me sold (completely) on the Be Dior. I do prefer not to buy Pre-loved but that is the only option I have at this point, since it was discontinued few years ago. I am on the hunt for New or Like New Mini Be Dior now. WOW, that bag is just so beautiful.
I have seen Woodbury SA posting black mini Be Dior for $2220 around last Black Friday. Not sure if they will still have any after the holiday season, but definitely check them out if you prefer to buy new

Definitely try calling Woodbury Commons if you want the Be Dior. They had them in December in all different colors for 45% off. Not sure what they have now. I think they ship for $15.
I have seen Woodbury SA posting black mini Be Dior for $2220 around last Black Friday. Not sure if they will still have any after the holiday season, but definitely check them out if you prefer to buy new
Thank you! I will definitely call them to see what they have.

Reactions: averagejoe
Would anyone mind sharing their contact information to any Dior SA at Woodbury? :smile: I'd love to find a Be Dior in brand new condition as I love the design but would prefer not to buy preloved!

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: