Diorama or VCA Alhambra??

I vote for the Van Cleef & Arpels necklace! I bought a sweet Alhambra necklace a few months ago and I've worn it everyday ever since. The design is beautiful and it will never go out of style.

I really like both, so I will try to weigh in on this as best as I can. I also would consider other options besides these two, if they intrigue you.

For the VCA, I do feel that it is honestly overpriced as a lot of people have stated on here already. However; it is something that can be a bit of a "daily driver" as opposed to a handbag which gets switched out fairly often. It can be something that you can dress up or down and wear everyday in my opinion and it can function the same as nice watch that you just go to every single day no matter what. In that sense, I think you will get more bang for your buck.

I actually own a Chanel NM Boy Bag and I do love it, as my style is more edgy. It literally goes with a lot in my closet and it too can be dressed up or down. Do I think it is worth the money? No. Let's be real here for a second, the interior isn't even made out of leather and they charge classic prices. I bought it purely based on looks, I'll admit it. The patent lambskin is so soft and luxurious though. The Diorama I see as being worth the money in that sense. It is a lower price point and it is more well made and I like the fact that it is so different that you probably won't see anybody else with the same bag or very seldom to say the least. These styles are not really made as daily drivers however; as you need to switch out bags depending on different scenarios (i.e. I wouldn't take it to the gym or even work, really). With Christian Dior (and I may be sounding biased here) you actually do pay for quality as opposed to aesthetics in my opinion. I think the price of this bag is more closely aligned with the actual quality as opposed to the Chanel Boy and the VCA, even though neither of the 3 are bad/ subpar quality at all.

So for my final analysis, I would vote for the VCA surprisingly. Why, you may ask? Simply because it seems like you may get more wear out of it. You also seem more passionate about it, judging from your posts.

At the risk of further complicating things, have you considered other options? I like to do this thing called "combining" where I buy myself one big thing for the year by combining 2 special events, usually Christmas and my birthday since they are so close. It simplifies things and it helps me get something I really want that I wouldn't normally just buy on a whim. For example, you can get yourself a Hermes Birkin/ Kelly (if you like these styles, just an example) by combining the cost of the VCA with the Dior. Or you can buy an exotic if you are into that and just get one, singular item. That's what I normally do for myself and it's just a different idea for you to think about.

If you are still confused, sit on these ideas for a while before purchasing. Look at different things you may like to purchase or make a wish list. I'm sure you're a hard working individual and you deserve to make the right choice!!

I really like both, so I will try to weigh in on this as best as I can. I also would consider other options besides these two, if they intrigue you.

For the VCA, I do feel that it is honestly overpriced as a lot of people have stated on here already. However; it is something that can be a bit of a "daily driver" as opposed to a handbag which gets switched out fairly often. It can be something that you can dress up or down and wear everyday in my opinion and it can function the same as nice watch that you just go to every single day no matter what. In that sense, I think you will get more bang for your buck.

I actually own a Chanel NM Boy Bag and I do love it, as my style is more edgy. It literally goes with a lot in my closet and it too can be dressed up or down. Do I think it is worth the money? No. Let's be real here for a second, the interior isn't even made out of leather and they charge classic prices. I bought it purely based on looks, I'll admit it. The patent lambskin is so soft and luxurious though. The Diorama I see as being worth the money in that sense. It is a lower price point and it is more well made and I like the fact that it is so different that you probably won't see anybody else with the same bag or very seldom to say the least. These styles are not really made as daily drivers however; as you need to switch out bags depending on different scenarios (i.e. I wouldn't take it to the gym or even work, really). With Christian Dior (and I may be sounding biased here) you actually do pay for quality as opposed to aesthetics in my opinion. I think the price of this bag is more closely aligned with the actual quality as opposed to the Chanel Boy and the VCA, even though neither of the 3 are bad/ subpar quality at all.

So for my final analysis, I would vote for the VCA surprisingly. Why, you may ask? Simply because it seems like you may get more wear out of it. You also seem more passionate about it, judging from your posts.

At the risk of further complicating things, have you considered other options? I like to do this thing called "combining" where I buy myself one big thing for the year by combining 2 special events, usually Christmas and my birthday since they are so close. It simplifies things and it helps me get something I really want that I wouldn't normally just buy on a whim. For example, you can get yourself a Hermes Birkin/ Kelly (if you like these styles, just an example) by combining the cost of the VCA with the Dior. Or you can buy an exotic if you are into that and just get one, singular item. That's what I normally do for myself and it's just a different idea for you to think about.

If you are still confused, sit on these ideas for a while before purchasing. Look at different things you may like to purchase or make a wish list. I'm sure you're a hard working individual and you deserve to make the right choice!!

Wow! Thanks for the thoughtful post! I agree that the boy bag isn't worth the money, nor do I feel like spending so much or asking for something that I do not love. I like the diorama better and would totally be willing to buy it, as I like the style, quality and price more than the boy bag. I have a lot of jewelry, albeit most is unbranded, and I can honestly say that I really have nothing like the Alhambra. I also agree its something that can used far more than a bag (especially for me, as I tend to use a larger bad for work). On the subject of a Kelly or Birkin, while I'd love one, Hubby would never go for it, as he believes that their astronomical prices are crazy for a handbag :sad: (men just don't understand... He's the kind of guy that doesn't have a problem spending $10,000+ on a piece of jewelry, but he can't even fathom paying nearly as much for a bag.) I'd buy one for myself however. I mean if I was offered a Black Kelly 28 in togo with GHW, I don't care the price, I'd take it in a heartbeat!!
The combining thing is something we do occasionally, usually for really large things, like when I had my ER reset last year.

Thank you so much for the input! You've really got me thinking! :biggrin:

Wow! Thanks for the thoughtful post! I agree that the boy bag isn't worth the money, nor do I feel like spending so much or asking for something that I do not love. I like the diorama better and would totally be willing to buy it, as I like the style, quality and price more than the boy bag. I have a lot of jewelry, albeit most is unbranded, and I can honestly say that I really have nothing like the Alhambra. I also agree its something that can used far more than a bag (especially for me, as I tend to use a larger bad for work). On the subject of a Kelly or Birkin, while I'd love one, Hubby would never go for it, as he believes that their astronomical prices are crazy for a handbag :sad: (men just don't understand... He's the kind of guy that doesn't have a problem spending $10,000+ on a piece of jewelry, but he can't even fathom paying nearly as much for a bag.) I'd buy one for myself however. I mean if I was offered a Black Kelly 28 in togo with GHW, I don't care the price, I'd take it in a heartbeat!!
The combining thing is something we do occasionally, usually for really large things, like when I had my ER reset last year.

Thank you so much for the input! You've really got me thinking! :biggrin:

Good luck and no problem at all, that's what we are here for! :smile: keep us updated on what you choose!