Diorama or VCA Alhambra??

I believe the price decrease of VCA in the US this year is due to currency adjustment.

As for the choice, it is up to personal preference. I have two Dior bags (LD & Diorissimo) and several VCA pieces including onyx 10 motifs. I love Dior, and it would be my first choice when coming to decide on bags. But I am more of a jewelry girl. Alhambra 10 motifs is very wearable and way more special than any bags to me. It is expensive of course, but if you know you won't regret buying it down the road, go for it.

I believe the price decrease of VCA in the US this year is due to currency adjustment.

As for the choice, it is up to personal preference. I have two Dior bags (LD & Diorissimo) and several VCA pieces including onyx 10 motifs. I love Dior, and it would be my first choice when coming to decide on bags. But I am more of a jewelry girl. Alhambra 10 motifs is very wearable and way more special than any bags to me. It is expensive of course, but if you know you won't regret buying it down the road, go for it.

One of the reasons that I am very drawn to the Alhambra 10 motif is because of its wearability. It's dressy and refined enough for say, Church, yet not too flashy, making it appropriate for work as well.

Thanks for the input!

I literally just asked myself the same question last night! Except I'm eyeing the sweet alhambra bracelet or necklace in the carnelian clover. I've been eyeing the Diorama for the longest time but I think I'll bet more wear from the allhambra..

I feel that jewellery feels that much more special when received as a gift as compared to bags where I have no qualms about purchasing myself. Ultimately I think you should go with what speaks to you more and you'll get more wear out of :smile:

I literally just asked myself the same question last night! Except I'm eyeing the sweet alhambra bracelet or necklace in the carnelian clover. I've been eyeing the Diorama for the longest time but I think I'll bet more wear from the allhambra..

I feel that jewellery feels that much more special when received as a gift as compared to bags where I have no qualms about purchasing myself. Ultimately I think you should go with what speaks to you more and you'll get more wear out of :smile:

VCA. It will always stay beautiful and valuable. Jewelry is definitely a big anniversary gift. Get the Dior yourself or for your birthday.

Thank you both for your inputs! I agree that jewelry seems like a more special anniversary gift...

Hi Ladies!
It's a slow day at work, and I've been meaning to post this for a little while now. My hubby's and my anniversary is coming up in a month, and I can't decide what I want! I originally was deciding between a Chanel boy and the VCA 10 motif onyx, but after really feeling it at Saks this weekend, I decided it may be too stiff for me. While in Saks, I wandered in Dior, and saw the Diorama. I love the edgy/yet classic style of it it more than the boy bag and I feel like i'd probably get a lot of use out of it. Though I could buy it for myself, the VCA necklace seems like it would be more special as a gift. I've been dreaming about the Alhambra for awhile now, but I feel bad making him buy me such an expensive gift (Though it is 25 years... and he keeps telling me it's perfectly fine) when all he is asking for are some new golf clubs! I don't know, what do you guys think? Should I just stick with the necklace, as my husband has already agreed to it? or should I buy it myself and let him buy me the bag? Or just get the bag myself? Ughh this is hard! What are your experiences with both? Do any of you have both and recommend one over the other? Since this is Dior, I'm sure the results may get a little skewed, but any advice better than none!

TIA!

P.S. Should I also post this in the Van Cleef and Arpels forum, or would that be a duplicate and therefore taken down?
Diorama
Chanel boy's quality has been really bad especially the current caviar ones, as for the VCA I think it's so overpriced but if you feel it's worth it, then go for it.

Diorama
Chanel boy's quality has been really bad especially the current caviar ones, as for the VCA I think it's so overpriced but if you feel it's worth it, then go for it.
Hmmm, I've never had any issues with Chanel quality, but maybe I've been lucky. I've pretty much ruled out the boy as a possible candidate. I think I may just buy the Diorama myself, as I realized that I have quite a bit of Saks Points.... ;)

Hmmm, I've never had any issues with Chanel quality, but maybe I've been lucky. I've pretty much ruled out the boy as a possible candidate. I think I may just buy the Diorama myself, as I realized that I have quite a bit of Saks Points.... ;)

Sorry, my apologies, I was meaning to say the current caviar boy is a bit tacky to me. The chevron calf ones are ok and last seasons iridescent ones are good too. Yeah Diorama is nice!

I'd choose the gift you'll love most, now and many years from now, as it marks a very special Anniversary. As for the Diorama, it's a beautiful bag. I'd definitely choose Diorama over your other bag option. I think it's very chic, elegant and versatile. Good luck with your decision. Follow your heart and happy anniversary!

I'd choose the gift you'll love most, now and many years from now, as it marks a very special Anniversary. As for the Diorama, it's a beautiful bag. I'd definitely choose Diorama over your other bag option. I think it's very chic, elegant and versatile. Good luck with your decision. Follow your heart and happy anniversary!

Totally agree! Follow your heart for now. You can always go back and get whatever you don't end up choosing later on (either yourself or having your husband get it for your bday or a holiday or something).

I had a similar dilemma a few weeks ago; I was agonizing over picking between the Chanel Boy and the Diorama. After debating for a while and seeing both in the boutiques, I went with the Diorama. The quality just felt better/more luxurious and I could fit more of my stuff in it. Also while I have yet to have a bad experience at Chanel, Dior treated me like royalty while I was in there. Their customer service is just amazing. They gave me champagne and showed me the VIP salon - and I only bought one thing and I wasn't celebrating anything special like an anniversary :smile: So they'll probably be extra nice to you.

I love the Diorama so much that I'm actually planning to get another one in black when I go to Paris next month.

While I'm on team Diorama here, whatever you end up choosing will be a special gift no matter what. Have a wonderful anniversary!

Thank you for your input! While I am drooling over the Diorama, I think it's the Alhambra that really makes my heart sing!

Totally agree! Follow your heart for now. You can always go back and get whatever you don't end up choosing later on (either yourself or having your husband get it for your bday or a holiday or something).

I had a similar dilemma a few weeks ago; I was agonizing over picking between the Chanel Boy and the Diorama. After debating for a while and seeing both in the boutiques, I went with the Diorama. The quality just felt better/more luxurious and I could fit more of my stuff in it. Also while I have yet to have a bad experience at Chanel, Dior treated me like royalty while I was in there. Their customer service is just amazing. They gave me champagne and showed me the VIP salon - and I only bought one thing and I wasn't celebrating anything special like an anniversary :smile: So they'll probably be extra nice to you.

I love the Diorama so much that I'm actually planning to get another one in black when I go to Paris next month.

While I'm on team Diorama here, whatever you end up choosing will be a special gift no matter what. Have a wonderful anniversary!

Thank you for sharing your experience. I do hope that if (or when!) I get the Diorama I get treated just as well!
And I totally agree that the Diorama seems to be of a better quality than the boy bag. I love Chanel, but this bag, its just too gorg!
Thats another selling point for me, that it holds a lot. I felt like the boy didn't hold that much more than my med classic flap, which is one of the reasons that I was buying it in first place.
I think that I will defiantly have to get one in the future!

I really don't care for the necklace at all. It may be VCF but it doesn't look luxurious.

So I would go for the Diorama or a different jewelry piece. The Diorama is drop dead gorgeous and if I wanted it for the gift it would be special. It's about what you want.

One year for Valentines Day, DH gave me two gifts: a Jaguar sedan and a set of vintage DVD's from an old TV show I loved. I was very happy about the car but burst into estatic tears about the DVD's because that purchase spoke to my heart and he really "got" me. So, I'm always very appreciative of whatever DH gets me but he knows to feel free to buy me what I really will want not just something that is expected or expensive. I say all that to say - get the Dior if your heart sings when you see it and don't force the necklace.

I really don't care for the necklace at all. It may be VCF but it doesn't look luxurious.

So I would go for the Diorama or a different jewelry piece. The Diorama is drop dead gorgeous and if I wanted it for the gift it would be special. It's about what you want.

One year for Valentines Day, DH gave me two gifts: a Jaguar sedan and a set of vintage DVD's from an old TV show I loved. I was very happy about the car but burst into estatic tears about the DVD's because that purchase spoke to my heart and he really "got" me. So, I'm always very appreciative of whatever DH gets me but he knows to feel free to buy me what I really will want not just something that is expected or expensive. I say all that to say - get the Dior if your heart sings when you see it and don't force the necklace.
Yup, totally agreed, a gift is not about which is pricier would be better.