Dior X Rimowa

Does anyone have better pictures of the hand carry case with the oblique print? I like it but I need to figure out how I can use it. I have small kids so travel isn’t too frequent right now but that will change as they get older so I am always looking for pieces that can be used now and in the future.

Does anyone has any feedback on this bag? I'm interested in buying but I'm afraid it scratches too easily

I have the blue version and it doesn't scratch that easily. I accidentally ran my coat zipper along the back at the store while trying it on and it didn't even leave any trace.

That being said, I didn't get the black version even though I love the way it looks, because if it did get scratched, then it would show a much lighter silver aluminum colour below. At least it's harder to tell on the blue one. I suggest getting the blue one if you want one that isn't silver but doesn't show scratches as easily.

Reactions: Soblackcollect
I'm reading this thread again as it's been a while and I've completely changed my mind on the Rimowa. I now own one, too.

If anyone is interested in the personal clutch, I suggest trying it on in store. It changed my mind! I fell in love. And it fits more than it looks. I didn't like the wallet compartments inside initially (they take up space, too!). But it really makes the inside super-luxurious and very Dior with the Oblique lining in the pockets. All my daily essentials (phone, keys, and sunglasses) were able to fit inside the bag along with all my wallet contents.

I actually want a second one, in black, which I know I shouldn't but I have a look that would go perfectly with the black. Plus I shouldn't get two of the same bag, and I still worry about it showing scratches. I really love how it looks, though.
img_20200223_111600-jpg.4673587

I have the blue version and it doesn't scratch that easily. I accidentally ran my coat zipper along the back at the store while trying it on and it didn't even leave any trace.

That being said, I didn't get the black version even though I love the way it looks, because if it did get scratched, then it would show a much lighter silver aluminum colour below. At least it's harder to tell on the blue one. I suggest getting the blue one if you want one that isn't silver but doesn't show scratches as easily.

Thank you for sharing your experience!!!

Reactions: averagejoe
I'm reading this thread again as it's been a while and I've completely changed my mind on the Rimowa. I now own one, too.

If anyone is interested in the personal clutch, I suggest trying it on in store. It changed my mind! I fell in love. And it fits more than it looks. I didn't like the wallet compartments inside initially (they take up space, too!). But it really makes the inside super-luxurious and very Dior with the Oblique lining in the pockets. All my daily essentials (phone, keys, and sunglasses) were able to fit inside the bag along with all my wallet contents.

I actually want a second one, in black, which I know I shouldn't but I have a look that would go perfectly with the black. Plus I shouldn't get two of the same bag, and I still worry about it showing scratches. I really love how it looks, though.
img_20200223_111600-jpg.4673587

wow congrats!!

Reactions: averagejoe
Totally agree!
I am liking it more than I thought I would be - fitting all my daily essentials.
Haven’t changed to another bag for the last few days, this is such a handy daily to go bag!

Hi, I plan to buy this bag next week, originally in black, but I'm afraid of the scratches and the shelf life. For those who have a version of this bag, how does it wear after multiple use? Apparently the color Blue, pink and black leaves very quickly?
I need your opinion,

Thank you

Hi, I plan to buy this bag next week, originally in black, but I'm afraid of the scratches and the shelf life. For those who have a version of this bag, how does it wear after multiple use? Apparently the color Blue, pink and black leaves very quickly?
I need your opinion,

Thank you
I have the blue version. I generally wear it at an angle like this:
20200625_151703.jpg

I have used it three times. Each time of use included hours and hours of it bouncing up and down against me on super long walks (and the occasional bit of running to make a light to cross the street).

Because of the angle that the bag is tilted when I wear it, the clasp hits one side repeatedly when I walk. Where the clasp keeps hitting the bag is showing a tiny bit of wear at the top near the silver D-ring where the clasp attaches. It is very difficult to see, and in some lighting just looks a bit shinier than the regular aluminum material. (Ignore the protective plastic wrap on the D-ring. I haven't peeled it off yet because it's almost invisible).
20200626_110705.jpg

You have to look very close to see. From this view you can't see it:
20200626_110654.jpg

I hope this helps with your decision. If you wear the bag horizontally like this (see below), then you won't encounter that problem because the clasp won't keep hitting the bag when you move:

dior-rimowa-ss20-04.jpg

I buy the Black, Yay !! but I don't know if you know but you can register your bag on the Rimowa website even if it was purchased from dior, It gives you 5 years warranty!
Oh! I didn't know that! Congratulations on getting the black version.

I don't think the warranty covers wear and tear (i.e. scratches). It is just against breakage of the various components of the bag.

I need your opinion,

Thank you

I have the pink one and I've used it multiple times, even once during a rainy day (and I forgot to bring an umbrella!). Everything is still ok! I love the personal clutch and will probably use it should I resume my travels again :smile:IMG_7678.JPG

Last edited: