Dior Ultra Black chipping, quality issues?

oh no, it was BNWT and £1100 under retail but because I wasn't sure whether it would chip:facepalm:
It may not chip so much as show scratches over time. The hardware seems to be finished with several coats, but eventually it can scratch.

I can't imagine hardware that doesn't scratch, though. Eventually all hardware does, unless it is coated with diamond-like carbon or something super scratch-resistant. Silver hardware scratches. Same with gold hardware. Leather-covered hardware scratches too, as does lacquered hardware.

Reactions: BlueCherry
Hi all, recently purchased the black ultra matte saddle bag and a guitar strap to go with it. While I'm definitely expecting - and ok with - some scratches here and there, was wondering if anyone has experience using the bag this way longer term. Not sure if it's a bad idea and just going to lead to chipping or if it should hold up pretty well. Thank you!

Following. Just purchased a preloved supple Lady Dior in ultra matte calfskin with black hardware and studs (July 2018) from Fashionphile. I've been wanting a so-black hardware bag for years as well as Lady Dior for years, and I absolutely fell in love with this design. But now I'm so worried about the wear and tear issues.... Any advice and reviews of wear and tear on Dior black hardware?

26394f1755b16f964852f40e5cc2abae.jpg

Following. Just purchased a preloved supple Lady Dior in ultra matte calfskin with black hardware and studs (July 2018) from Fashionphile. I've been wanting a so-black hardware bag for years as well as Lady Dior for years, and I absolutely fell in love with this design. But now I'm so worried about the wear and tear issues.... Any advice and reviews of wear and tear on Dior black hardware?

View attachment 5180243
Congrats! Sounds like you have something you really love and wanted for a long time! I'm a so black lover myself. I say enjoy wearing her and scale back your worry. I see that you've bumped several threads on the topic. For the most part, mostly everyone who responded expressed minor (if any) wear on their hardware. And, if there is a problem, it has been stated the boutique will address it. You should have positive energy--you are fortunate enough to have a beautiful, now hard to find bag! Please wear her in good health, with less worry and more joy!

Congrats! Sounds like you have something you really love and wanted for a long time! I'm a so black lover myself. I say enjoy wearing her and scale back your worry. I see that you've bumped several threads on the topic. For the most part, mostly everyone who responded expressed minor (if any) wear on their hardware. And, if there is a problem, it has been stated the boutique will address it. You should have positive energy--you are fortunate enough to have a beautiful, now hard to find bag! Please wear her in good health, with less worry and more joy!
Thanks so much! I know you're right. I think once I have her in my hands I will hopefully feel more relaxed and really be able to enjoy her. :smile:

Hi i know this an old post, but i have recently started having major chippinh around the circular handles around my ABC Dior. The strap clips have gotten shinier as well. I took into Dior and they said since i bought it second hand from fashionfile they would not do anything about it and it was normal wear and tear from daily use. I was devastated as you can now clearly see the sliver peeking through the black paint. I’m going to have to resort to the unthinkable and paint it over myself.

Hi i know this an old post, but i have recently started having major chippinh around the circular handles around my ABC Dior. The strap clips have gotten shinier as well. I took into Dior and they said since i bought it second hand from fashionfile they would not do anything about it and it was normal wear and tear from daily use. I was devastated as you can now clearly see the sliver peeking through the black paint. I’m going to have to resort to the unthinkable and paint it over myself.
I’m sorry to hear this. I’m scared to have the same issue :sad:

Reactions: Krismsong