Dior Toronto boutique (progress pictures)

Thanks for the heads up! I'm so amped and even more so after the awful experience I underwent recently at Saks. Yay to more snooty SAs and eye-rolling! *fingers crossed* :happydance:
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at the Saks Dior. So far my experience there has been good. One of the SAs went out of her way to help me find my J'ADIOR bracelet, and I've never bought from her before. She wasn't even the one who ended up selling it to me, because it was at Yorkdale, but she found it in the system at Yorkdale for me.

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at the Saks Dior. So far my experience there has been good. One of the SAs went out of her way to help me find my J'ADIOR bracelet, and I've never bought from her before. She wasn't even the one who ended up selling it to me, because it was at Yorkdale, but she found it in the system at Yorkdale for me.

What a shocker, such a drastic difference between your experience and mine! I walked into Dior with my parents (as you may know, I'm currently a student pursuing her undergrad studies) two days ago intending to purchase a medium Lady Dior bag of my choice as a birthday present. That being said, I was pretty much the easiest sale ever and yet I felt unwelcome by ALL the SAs at the boutique. Upon our arrival, the boutique was a like a ghost town yet none of the SAs bothered to assist me. After pretending to browse a few items on the shelves and hoping one of them will eventually look up and assist me, I decided to approach one of them to acquire help. The service from the store manager was beyond sub-par and the snooty attitude on top of that was borderline unbearable. I am incredibly unimpressed at the lack of professionalism and lack of customer service at this establishment. This truly makes me ponder whether common courtesy has started to become less common these days. Nonetheless, we still walked out with a huge Dior bag in my hand despite the mediocre experience we had. :blah:

What a shocker, such a drastic difference between your experience and mine! I walked into Dior with my parents (as you may know, I'm currently a student pursuing her undergrad studies) two days ago intending to purchase a medium Lady Dior bag of my choice as a birthday present. That being said, I was pretty much the easiest sale ever and yet I felt unwelcome by ALL the SAs at the boutique. Upon our arrival, the boutique was a like a ghost town yet none of the SAs bothered to assist me. After pretending to browse a few items on the shelves and hoping one of them will eventually look up and assist me, I decided to approach one of them to acquire help. The service from the store manager was beyond sub-par and the snooty attitude on top of that was borderline unbearable. I am incredibly unimpressed at the lack of professionalism and lack of customer service at this establishment. This truly makes me ponder whether common courtesy has started to become less common these days. Nonetheless, we still walked out with a huge Dior bag in my hand despite the mediocre experience we had. :blah:
That sounds like bad customer service.

May I suggest that you copy the passage you wrote here and submit it to Dior customer service here: https://www.dior.com/couture/en_int/contact

Since you already took the time to share your experience, you should let Dior customer service know. They will speak to the associates, and better yet, they may even offer you something. It's up to you, but I think it's important to let them know this. This is especially since you bought something.

I would love to see what you got! :biggrin: Which colour and material of the medium LD did you get?

That sounds like bad customer service.

May I suggest that you copy the passage you wrote here and submit it to Dior customer service here: https://www.dior.com/couture/en_int/contact

Since you already took the time to share your experience, you should let Dior customer service know. They will speak to the associates, and better yet, they may even offer you something. It's up to you, but I think it's important to let them know this. This is especially since you bought something.

I would love to see what you got! :biggrin: Which colour and material of the medium LD did you get?

I will certainly write and provide my two cents so that other Dior consumers will not have to undergo what I went through the other day. Thank you so much for the URL!!:hbeat:

I typically prefer to lurk on this forum rather than comment and/or share my purchases with y'all but there's always a first for everything!

I had the biggest dilemma between the medium (crisp) white LD with silver hardware and the medium off-white LD with champagne hardware. I came home with a medium off-white LD bag in champagne hardware from the summer 2017 collection! Can't thank my father enough for this lovely birthday present :love:

IMG_8836.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
I will certainly write and provide my two cents so that other Dior consumers will not have to undergo what I went through the other day. Thank you so much for the URL!!:hbeat:

I typically prefer to lurk on this forum rather than comment and/or share my purchases with y'all but there's always a first for everything!

I had the biggest dilemma between the medium (crisp) white LD with silver hardware and the medium off-white LD with champagne hardware. I came home with a medium off-white LD bag in champagne hardware from the summer 2017 collection! Can't thank my father enough for this lovely birthday present :love:

View attachment 3764633 View attachment 3764634
Wow that is really pretty! The flash makes it look like it is pure white, but I can imagine how it looks in daylight with the pale gold hardware...divine!

And what a wonderful Birthday present from your father.

Do share modelling shots with us if you can as time goes by. We can always use more gorgeous LD pictures. :smile:

Wow that is really pretty! The flash makes it look like it is pure white, but I can imagine how it looks in daylight with the pale gold hardware...divine!

And what a wonderful Birthday present from your father.

Do share modelling shots with us if you can as time goes by. We can always use more gorgeous LD pictures. :smile:

Thank you thank you! :P I went a little out of my comfort zone this time around and didn't opt for black. The flash isn't doing the bag any justice, I find it really difficult to capture the slightly warmer white tone of the bag on camera.

I will certainly do so when the opportunity arises but for now.. the only bag I'll be using in the meantime is my backpack. :facepalm: I'll def whip it out once in a while for special occasions!

Reactions: averagejoe

Wow, I'm surprised to read this! Was this a the Saks location? I don't have any experience there, but the SA that I've formed a relationship with at the Holt's Bloor location is amazing! She was so friendly and helpful even the first time I went in and didn't actually make a purchase.

Your bag is beautiful! It really is too bad that your experience purchasing it was a negative one.

Reactions: SerendipityLove
Wow, I'm surprised to read this! Was this a the Saks location? I don't have any experience there, but the SA that I've formed a relationship with at the Holt's Bloor location is amazing! She was so friendly and helpful even the first time I went in and didn't actually make a purchase.

Your bag is beautiful! It really is too bad that your experience purchasing it was a negative one.

Yes, this was at the Saks location! My friend had an unforgettable experience at the Holt's Bloor location as well, however, their selection and inventory is subpar compared to the Saks location.

Thank you! Haha it's okay, I'm over it already! :wave::no:

Reactions: averagejoe
Yes, this was at the Saks location! My friend had an unforgettable experience at the Holt's Bloor location as well, however, their selection and inventory is subpar compared to the Saks location.

Thank you! Haha it's okay, I'm over it already! :wave::no:
There is no Dior boutique where I live and I had a bad experience ordering from Dior in SAKS NY. I was deciding between MyLadyDior and supple grained LadyDior in medium and I had ordered both as per the SA recommedation. The SA I worked with was not very helpful(got very annoyed when I asked about the sizes and said she will give me the measurements) and I decided to look past it. But both the bags came thrown in a single big box and was poorly packaged. When I ordered tribale earrings it came beautifully packaged and I felt special about making that purchase.I felt that for purchasing a classic Dior bag it should have been the same and I decided not to keep either of them. I have watched many videos on youtube about excellent Dior customer service and I am still surprised about the experience I had. Hopefully one day I can travel to a city whch has Dior boutique and have nice experience buying the bag.
BTW, the supple grained calfskin Ladydior was stunning!!
Thanks for listening to my story!!

There is no Dior boutique where I live and I had a bad experience ordering from Dior in SAKS NY. I was deciding between MyLadyDior and supple grained LadyDior in medium and I had ordered both as per the SA recommedation. The SA I worked with was not very helpful(got very annoyed when I asked about the sizes and said she will give me the measurements) and I decided to look past it. But both the bags came thrown in a single big box and was poorly packaged. When I ordered tribale earrings it came beautifully packaged and I felt special about making that purchase.I felt that for purchasing a classic Dior bag it should have been the same and I decided not to keep either of them. I have watched many videos on youtube about excellent Dior customer service and I am still surprised about the experience I had. Hopefully one day I can travel to a city whch has Dior boutique and have nice experience buying the bag.
BTW, the supple grained calfskin Ladydior was stunning!!
Thanks for listening to my story!!
Sorry to hear that. I hope your next Dior purchase is better. I suggest ordering from the Dior boutique at East 57th Street instead.

The Royal Ontario Museum will have a Dior exhibit starting on November 25:
http://www.rom.on.ca/en/exhibitions-galleries/exhibitions/christian-dior
drio04_v2.png

Something tells me that this may coincide with the opening of their boutique, which means there is a possibility that it will open by the end of this year!

Ah what is happening with the Yorkville boutique. It’s it still moving forward?

Walked past the new location on the weekend and it doesn’t seem like much has changed. There is no evidence of completion or even a “we are opening soon” signage. The new Hermes store was built at lightening speed compared to Dior.

Last edited: