Dior Spring 2017, by Maria Grazia Chiuri

1. #331 Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    I know! I saw the J'ADIOR bracelet and tried it on. I am in LOVE! It's $720 CDN, which is a lot more than I would want to pay for costume jewelry. But I can't seem to get that off my mind.

hightea_xx and TraceySH like this.
  2. Totally get it. All of a sudden it's all exciting and fun and "cool". I was in my 20's thru the 90's, which, of course was my favorite decade for fashion (grunge, pseudo-goth), music, innovation, etc. and this brings back some of that in a very positive nostalgic way. I can't wait to see MORE.

averagejoe likes this.
  3. You know, I never minded being dressed in Dior from head to toe (literally, a top, a Mitzah scarf, a handbag, fusions-of-the-day, sunglasses).
    But now, with all those huge logos, I cannot see myself doing this. These flip-flops together with the handbag both bearing loud inyourface logos?!
    I would feel like a nouveau riche dying to show to the whole world that I can finally afford an expensive brand.
    Although, I am thinking now, I would probably need a logo on my back to make sure that no one is left out... Anything?

4. I really dislike the direction that dior is going in. When I think of dior, i think of really elegant, lady-like designs. Something that looks very classic and you can tell it's a luxury product by the design, craftsmanship, and quality materials- it doesn't need obvious logos/brand names everywhere to identify it as a high-end product. It's a brand for someone who doesn't want/need to be all flashy. These current designs make me think of moschino, which is a totally different type of look. If the price point was less than $1000 for the bags then ok, but if you're going to be spending like $3000+ for a bag i wouldn't want one with giant logos and studs all over the place. I hope they get a new creative director.

5. These are just the pieces shown on the runway. The pieces in the stores also include more classic tailoring and/or styles that may still appeal to you.

When worn as separates and paired with pieces from other brands, the pieces can work well. I guess it's like the Burberry plaid. If you have a Burberry plaid scarf, plaid shirt, plaid rubber boots, and plaid bag, then it is too much Burberry plaid. But when mixed with non-plaid pieces, the touch of plaid is quite stylish.

6. Agreed 100%!!!

OneMoreDay and TraceySH like this.
  7. When I first saw this outfit I didn't like it at all.. But now I've completely changed my mind! I think it looks fun and modern. It's not for everyone but it doesn't need to be! The lady wearing it in the photos is a well known Australian business woman.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    holdmystars likes this.
  8. Most of the collection is now available for viewing and purchase on the website. Some items below.
    SUPPLE LADY DIOR MINI BAG IN BLACK STUDDED LAMBSKIN
    [​IMG]
    D-BEE SHOPPER IN BLACK GRAINED CALFSKIN
    [​IMG]

Bee and off-white embossed CD initials[​IMG]
    Aged gold-tone metal jewellery
    Wide adjustable shoulder strap
    Can be carried in the hand, on the shoulder or across the body
    Dimensions: 33 x 27 x 14 cm

D-BEE SHOPPER IN RED GRAINED CALFSKIN
    [​IMG]
    D-BEE SHOPPER IN OFF-WHITE GRAINED CALFSKIN
    [​IMG]
    D-BEE MINI SADDLE BAG IN BLACK CALFSKIN
    [​IMG] \
    D-BEE MINI SADDLE BAG IN RED CALFSKIN
    [​IMG]

Luv2Shop1 likes this.
  9. LADY DIOR WALLET ON CHAIN POUCH IN BLACK GRAINED CALFSKIN
    [​IMG]
    LADY DIOR COMPACT VOYAGEUR WALLET IN SILVER-TONE METALLIC GRAINED CALFSKIN
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    LADY DIOR COMPACT VOYAGEUR WALLET IN GOLD-TONE METALLIC GRAINED CALFSKIN
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    LADY DIOR COMPACT VOYAGEUR WALLET IN BLACK SUPPLE LAMBSKIN
    [​IMG]
    LADY DIOR GUSSETED CARD HOLDER IN RED STUDDED LAMBSKIN
    [​IMG]
    LADY DIOR GUSSETED CARD HOLDER IN BLACK STUDDED LAMBSKIN
    [​IMG]
    LADY DIOR IPHONE 7 CASE IN BLACK STUDDED LAMBSKIN
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

luxemadam, averagejoe and TraceySH like this.
  10. DIORAMA WALLET ON CHAIN POUCH IN BLACK GRAINED CALFSKIN
    [​IMG]
    DIORAMA CROISIÈRE WALLET IN RED STUDDED LAMBSKIN
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    DIORAMA ÉLANCÉE WALLET IN BLACK STUDDED LAMBSKIN
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    J'ADIOR POUCH FOR IPHONE 6+/7+ IN BLACK CALFSKIN
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KBT39, luxemadam and averagejoe like this.
  11. J'ADIOR CROISIÈRE WALLET IN BLACK GRAINED CALFSKIN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    D-FENCE WALLET ON CHAIN POUCH IN BLACK CALFSKIN
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    D-FENCE CROISIÈRE WALLET IN BLACK CALFSKIN
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    D-FENCE CARD HOLDER IN RED CALFSKIN
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    D-FFENCE CARD HOLDER IN BLACK CALFSKIN
    [​IMG]

averagejoe and TraceySH like this.
  12. This WOC is perfect. The leather is durable and the shape is timeless. Don't know why Dior took so long to make this.

I like this much more than the Chanel WOC.

izzyParis, OneMoreDay and TraceySH like this.
  13. That Diorama black studded wallet is stunning!!!! I hope the Montreal store gets one soon...

KBT39 and OneMoreDay like this.
  14. Agree! Personally, the Chanel WOC doesn't seem substantial enough. It feels more cardboard than leather wallet. :amuse:

averagejoe likes this.
  15. Shoulder straps via diorfashionova IG. Love the Cannage version.
    1461312983698718388_4329222881.jpg

theotheo, KBT39, PSnugget and 3 others like this.