Dior Soft Shopping v. Chanel GST?

Dear all forumers / Dior lovers, thanks a lot for your well wishes.

Hi Serrazane and vink, wow... is this so far the best shot of Dior Soft interior? My SA mentioned Dior Soft would be suitable to carry my baby stuffs. So I tried to put in those baby items needed when going out, surprising they fit in well. There's still room to carry my personal belongings. Even my folded umbrella for the country's unpredictable weather fits in just right.

Hi averagejoe, this colour is light pink with champagne hardware. I think the colour looks different in different lighting. Sometimes she looks cream to me. The boutique has the actual cream colour. But the SA said pink looks sweet on me.They also have fuchsia, coral (looks orangy to me), red, black and blue. She mentioned blue is seasonal. My heart just melt when I saw the fuchsia. However the colour is a bit too bright for me and she'll draw unnecessary attention. Forgive me for this as it's not always acceptable in my social circle to carry expensive designer bags.

Hi poohbag, yeap, the bag is very roomy and functional. However honestly it is lightly large for my petite frame. I'm only 5ft so I have to wear high heels to compensate.:P

Hi hi, sorry I miss your post. Congratulation of your Dior!!! That is seriously the best baby bag in the world. And of course congrats for your baby too.

Dear all forumers / Dior lovers, thanks a lot for your well wishes.

Hi Serrazane and vink, wow... is this so far the best shot of Dior Soft interior? My SA mentioned Dior Soft would be suitable to carry my baby stuffs. So I tried to put in those baby items needed when going out, surprising they fit in well. There's still room to carry my personal belongings. Even my folded umbrella for the country's unpredictable weather fits in just right.

Hi averagejoe, this colour is light pink with champagne hardware. I think the colour looks different in different lighting. Sometimes she looks cream to me. The boutique has the actual cream colour. But the SA said pink looks sweet on me.They also have fuchsia, coral (looks orangy to me), red, black and blue. She mentioned blue is seasonal. My heart just melt when I saw the fuchsia. However the colour is a bit too bright for me and she'll draw unnecessary attention. Forgive me for this as it's not always acceptable in my social circle to carry expensive designer bags.

Hi poohbag, yeap, the bag is very roomy and functional. However honestly it is lightly large for my petite frame. I'm only 5ft so I have to wear high heels to compensate.:P

Yes, it is. :smile: Especially when you clearly show how much it can fit inside. Thank you for such a clear photo and I hope you enjoy your bag and your life as a mom. It's really gonna be a whole different dimension of life from now on. ;)

Thanks mf19 for your well wish.

Vesuvia, ya, will have a lunch with an old buddy tomorrow. I'm definitely going to bring her out.

A couple of more pics. The second pic shows her being filled up with baby stuffs... baby clothes, diapers, hankies, water bottles (one for baby, one for me), thermo flask, 2 milk bottles, my wallet, handphone, wet tissue and tissue. There's a folded umbrella underneath the bottles.

It holds more than I thought.. But it would be very heavy for you to carry all this in your bag. I think it is great in the sense that you don't have to carry two bags, one for you and one for the baby, but I would be worried that it might lose shape with all baby stuff.

Hi bhCartier,

You're right, in fact after putting in all the necessary baby stuffs, the bag is quite heavy, which I think is mostly contributed by the thermo flask and water bottles.

I'm not sure if she'll loose shape over time or not, I have yet to bring my baby out since I bought her. But I'm afraid without reinforcing the floor, she'll surely sag after constant usage for baby items.

Anyone has any idea on how to prevent this from happening to her?

I use a dior soft with baby things. It's a squishy bag so I think it's meant to loose shape. I've carried a lot in mine...but not bottles and such so I didn't have that extra weight. It's held up nicely.

Hi tutushopper, yeap, my desire for a Lady Dior is over 3 years. However I can't seem to keep up with the price increase! Till now I'm not sure when I can afford one. Dior Soft is more than a thousand dollars cheaper compared to Lady Dior over here in Singapore :sweatdrop: Besides, Dior Soft seems to be a more practical purchase for me at the moment.

So here you go, unveiling my first Dior handbag purchase...

This is beautiful!! Congratulations :smile::woohoo:

I just got the dior soft n a light patent gray. It's great for everyday but the stitching that notches the corners prevents over stuffing. I can however comfortably fit my full sized iPad but yes it gets heavy. Love the size, how it hangs and the fact that not everyone has one. Shoes with heels do not fit though so it's really more a purse.

I have 2 Dior soft bags (old style and new style). I love them and wear them a lot but they're are HEAVY! Theyre mostly my work bag - but I dont carry too many things! I would NOT recommend it as a baby bag at all because you'd be carrying so many things in it, it'll be crazy heavy! It's heavy because of the chain I think. LV Neverfull is much better for that need.

After 3 months of using my dior soft, below is my feedback :smile:

Although I read in the forum that dior lambskin is very durable, I still baby her because this is a really expensive bag (at least in my social circle) !! That's why I have decided not to use her as a baby bag.

Nevertheless she's now my office bag and I'm so delighted to bring her to work everyday. I'll always walk past a row of glass windows on my way to office and I never fail to check on my reflection and smile to myself. Sorry for being so vain :P :P

It's very practical as an office bag. I can keep my wallet, hp, charger, umbrella, coin purse, tissue, wet tissue, comb, make up purse, pen, notebook (ahh.... I still cannot understand why ladies always carry so much with them) with still much room to spare.

One "unfortunate" incident:
Careless me dropped my ink pen on her and created a very tiny blue dot. It's not noticeable unless you really stare close enough. However it was enough to make me upset for one whole day. Hubby could not understand why I fussed over something he couldn't see from normal distance.

Now I try to not baby her and instead try to enjoy carrying her around. However I still avoid crowded place fearing someone or something might bump into her. Anyone here in the same situation as me?

Hi miaomiao I bought the Lady Dior in large size fushia pink in Singapore last month. I am planning to get the Dior Soft... how much did you pay for your Dior soft in Singapore? Thank you.

Hi miaomiao I bought the Lady Dior in large size fushia pink in Singapore last month. I am planning to get the Dior Soft... how much did you pay for your Dior soft in Singapore? Thank you.

I bought my dior soft at Orchard Ion for SGD3700. But that was in July which was before the price increase. Good luck in getting a dior soft in the colour of your choice.:smile: