Dior Sales Services

I bought my first Dior bag, Lady Dior, it is really a eye ctching bag.

Just wondering why that SA did not wrap my bag with glove!? That seems not professional...

What is your experience in Dior Shop? At which country?

I bought my first Dior bag, Lady Dior, it is really a eye ctching bag.

Just wondering why that SA did not wrap my bag with glove!? That seems not professional...

What is your experience in Dior Shop? At which country?

By glove, do you mean the white dust bag?

The dust bag is stored inside the bag in the boutique. To make the presentation look nicer, some SAs put the Lady Dior directly into a box without taking the dust bag out. This is so that when you open the box, you'll see the Lady Dior first rather than the dust bag.

I've always had a great experience with my Dior shopping experiences. The SAs use a lot of Dior tissue paper to line the Dior box, and they also tape the tissue paper with a Dior sticker once the bag is placed in the box.

They finish the box with a Dior ribbon and also a Dior shopping bag.

Their boxes are really sturdy. Some brands provide a flimsy cardboard box that was probably folded in the store.

Yes, I mean this, thanks~~

So, I think they should wear gloves when wraping my bag.

SAs hardly wear gloves unless they are handling fine jewelry. I can't recall a sales associate using gloves for leather goods at any luxury boutique I've ever visited.

I don't think Hermes associates do that either, and they are considered very high end.

The procedure must vary from country to country. I've bought Diors from 5 different states in the US and all of them have handled my bags with their bare hands. I don't have problem with it, as long as they take a fresh from from the back :smile:

I agree, I've never had my Dior purchases handled by SAs with white gloves on, I think only once did that happen, but it was only because she seemed to be wearing the glove on one hand anyway and didn't take it off, possibly because of an allergy or something? Anyway, I thought it was strange that time I was served by an SA with gloves. I've been in Hong Kong most of my life prior to coming to the UK and I've also been to the boutiques in Milan Via Montenapoleone and the one in Rome opposite La Spagna, and never saw any of the SAs at these boutiques in either country wearing gloves.

I think it also goes to show that while Dior keeps their goods at a high level of quality, it is also sturdy enough that it won't get affected too much by minimal handling from the SAs to ruin the leather, which might be why they're used at other designer boutiques?

I agree, I've never had my Dior purchases handled by SAs with white gloves on, I think only once did that happen, but it was only because she seemed to be wearing the glove on one hand anyway and didn't take it off, possibly because of an allergy or something? Anyway, I thought it was strange that time I was served by an SA with gloves. I've been in Hong Kong most of my life prior to coming to the UK and I've also been to the boutiques in Milan Via Montenapoleone and the one in Rome opposite La Spagna, and never saw any of the SAs at these boutiques in either country wearing gloves.

I think it also goes to show that while Dior keeps their goods at a high level of quality, it is also sturdy enough that it won't get affected too much by minimal handling from the SAs to ruin the leather, which might be why they're used at other designer boutiques?
Hey

I can see you are saving up for new lock bag. I am selling my Dior New Lock bag in black Lambskin in regular Cannage stitching. perfect condition, was a present from someone special. I wore it couple of times for dinner . It has a box, dustbag, authentication cards and everything as it was sold. Email me if you are interested at [email protected] i will send you pictures . i live in London so internationall delivery would be quite quick and smooth if applicable.

Regards

SAs hardly wear gloves unless they are handling fine jewelry. I can't recall a sales associate using gloves for leather goods at any luxury boutique I've ever visited.

I don't think Hermes associates do that either, and they are considered very high end.

Hermes always wear gloves when dealing with bags.

In contrast to michi chi, i have different experience with Dior in Rome. Dior SA sold me Lady Dior and she had gloves on. It was in Rome, by the La Spagna.
She was extremely lovely.

I remember seeing someone else wearing gloves while giving me a bag. It could be either Dior or Chanel.

The SA in Bangkok boutiques always wear gloves when they present me the bag. Chanel SA never wear one. I find the glove-wearing kinda intimidate at first, but after a while it make me feel like it reflect the superior of the service. Not that my Chanel SA aren't nice and careful, but that white glove really gives out the vibe.

I've only rarely seen bags handled with gloves at Dior, although I've seen it on occassion. Unfortunately, this results in noticable scratching from bags that have been handled on display - but that's likely more from customer handling than SA handling.

I've never seen a bag handled at Chanel with gloves, although I wish they used gloves on their more expensive bags (i.e. exotics). So many of their bags are mauled by being out on display.

I've never seen bags handled with gloves at Gucci or Louis Vuitton.

As for Hermes - gloves are not always used.

Interestingly, gloves are also not always used at Van Cleef & Arpels or Cartier - where you'd think they'd use gloves all the time.

Gloves or not doesn't bother me, either way.