Dior Saddle Dilemma - Camo vs Tie Dye

SurfSpinner

Jul 11, 2020
I walked into the boutique fully expecting to purchase the green camo saddle and coordinating strap... it is sold out locally but can (possibly) be ordered from another boutique... HOWEVER my SA had this little tie dye beauty set aside. I'm not an impulse buyer and needed to step away but keep thinking about the tie dye. Would love your thoughts! Also how is durability on these non-leather pieces? Any issues? Thank you!
Dior Green Camo.jpg Green Camo Strap.jpg IMG_3770.JPG IMG_5143.JPG

Venessa84

Aug 20, 2013
The Garden State
I’m really feeling that tie dye but if your heart is set on the Camo, can you order it and compare the 2 in person?

I don’t have a saddle but I have a Lady D-lite. The material seems pretty similar. It’s a strong stitch but would worry about it rubbing against an abrasive surface.

Reactions: averagejoe

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Toronto
I don't have personal experience with canvas Saddles, but I like the camouflage one more.

SurfSpinner

Jul 11, 2020
The tie dye was positioned as a "once and only once" from Maria Grazia Chiuri, while the camo is a "more regular theme..." The camo is definitely more subtle, while the tie dye is a major pop of color with black undertones... it's also interesting that there are silver accents on the camo strap (in contrast to the gold hardware on the camo bag itself...)

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Toronto
I greatly value your input, since you have such broad experience with the Dior brand and heritage! Is it your sense that the camo is more of a classic piece? Thank you
Aww, thanks :blush:

It's because I really like the different "textures" on the camo version, with the fringe and variation in the canvas. It makes the camo pattern come to life.

SurfSpinner

Jul 11, 2020
Aww, thanks :blush:

It's because I really like the different "textures" on the camo version, with the fringe and variation in the canvas. It makes the camo pattern come to life.
Thank you! I literally stared a woman down at a restaurant a week or so back because she had the blue camo version hanging from the back of her chair - I was trying to figure out the pattern - I agree, so distinctive!

Reactions: averagejoe