Dior RTW

An oldie but a goodie for date night last night. Ended up wearing a black thin dior belt as well but forgot to take a pix with it… I love how the past seasons dresses can also be relevant today, truly timeless.

Have a great Sunday everyone! :flowers:

Love this ! You look amazing! I’m wearing a dior dress from last summer; dior bucket hat from sale; and a pair of sweats from the year before last

Yesterday, I tried on a leather pleated skirt and a lattice skirt cover, (the latter is shown on the runway over bike shorts? ) but wasn’t really in love, so passed. I also found an amazing vintage gold silver dress and coat on eBay, located in the UK, for anyone who is a small size (I am not, or I would have snapped this up).

Authentic Christian Dior Boutique Vintage 60s Dress & Jacket - Numbered pieces (last pic)

368C8D64-C55B-4973-B92F-644CE96EEE08.jpeg02F17BB8-C61B-4F2A-A7D9-888BC2E8EF54.jpeg 3D790271-242B-4191-AC89-CA86BC58F092.jpegFDA12561-8F17-4CE3-975E-8CFA1CDF1545.jpegEC3D0DFE-13E5-4F91-B791-1DD8666F6C44.jpeg02C1FD09-754C-4FFC-8CCF-C511EE9E1681.jpeg 1586E5E1-06A4-4380-B45C-D1A81664AD28.jpeg

Last edited:
Love this ! You look amazing! I’m wearing a dior dress from last summer; dior bucket hat from sale; and a pair of sweats from the year before last

Yesterday, I tried on a leather pleated skirt and a lattice skirt cover, (the latter is shown on the runway over bike shorts? ) but wasn’t really in love, so passed. I also found an amazing vintage gold silver dress and coat on eBay, located in the UK, for anyone who is a small size (I am not, or I would have snapped this up).

Authentic Christian Dior Boutique Vintage 60s Dress & Jacket - Numbered pieces (last pic)

View attachment 5409690View attachment 5409691 View attachment 5409681View attachment 5409682View attachment 5409692View attachment 5409680 View attachment 5409694
I love the the two skirts! Did you happen to try either of them on? Wondering about the fit and density of the pleats.

Tried on a few more things, but I didn’t fall in love with anything so bought nothing
(I have enough Dior charcoal grey leopard and beige cavalry twill or denim type fabric)

View attachment 5412249View attachment 5412251View attachment 5412252
View attachment 5412250View attachment 5412254View attachment 5412258

very nice looks as usual :flowers: and the dress seems to have with the right length for me. What kind of fabric is it? soft? When I was in Paris, I was told that charcoal grey leopard stuff was made of taffeta silk

• Thanks
Reactions: 880 and periogirl28
very nice looks as usual :flowers: and the dress seems to have with the right length for me. What kind of fabric is it? soft? When I was in Paris, I was told that charcoal grey leopard stuff was made of taffeta silk
thanks! I think it Is the right length for us. But not the taffeta silk of the prior season. I didn’t buy bc the neckline was too high; it felt both heavy and stretchy (like it would bag out and become misshapen on the hanger; and I bought a dress of similar fabric from Hermes in Paris with the same stretchy synthetic feel for €700 or 800. So though this was a deal for dior price wise, it was a no for me. Fabric content of the Hermes (I believe a mix of cotton, elastane, and poly). I bought the H dress bc its versatile, light, packable (doesnt wrinkle and doesn’t take up space). The dior is pretty but none of the other things. Too heavy for summer, and yet the material is not suitable for fall/winter, IDK. i got the bridesmaid wearing leopard ans channeling dark academia but not really successfully vibe. If there is a stretch peplum bar jacket of the same material and feel, I might consider it, but diors cheap buttons are starting to irritate me a bit. FYI, I think the dior runs TTS or a bit large.

Not Soft IMO. in the 1980s, a few contemporary department store designers Andrea Jovine and Adrienne vittadini used this type of fabric quite a bit. Thick, stretchy, a bit rough but with a non nubbly texture that makes you think it smooth.

574ECAF5-2BB2-4924-9AF4-3B22C4ECDF73.jpegBF7661DF-60D3-4BA3-8EA2-D20846764503.jpeg

Last edited:
I didn’t buy bc the neckline was wrong; it felt both heavy and stretchy (like it would bag out; and I bought a similar dress from Hermes in Paris with the same stretchy synthetic feel for €700 or 800. So though this was a deal price wise for dior, it was a no for me. Fabric content of the Hermes

thanks, dear @880 , it is clear, I will skip it, I think, the neckline would be wrong as well

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
Went in with the intent to try on and buy the black tulle skirt today, which fit a little snug. So I tried on the ivory for size reference, only to absolutely fall in love with it! The ivory instantly made me feel beautiful, and yes, I did a twirl lol. The feelings the ivory gave me changed my mind from ordering the black skirt. But I didn’t purchase the ivory because, well, is it really a practical color? It’s slightly transparent but also isn’t as versatile as a black one, right? Truth be told, I can’t stop thinking of it.

I did buy the cardigan which is a great year-around piece. It’s a softer and lighter wool, mixed with cashmere. Not one of their itchy/thick/stiff knitwear.
4F39168F-E919-41CD-B69C-FE929DCE6F07.jpeg

Attachments

• 1C2235BA-DD1F-493C-9298-35AE4B293F40.jpeg
    1C2235BA-DD1F-493C-9298-35AE4B293F40.jpeg
    356.2 KB · Views: 144
Went in with the intent to try on and buy the black tulle skirt today, which fit a little snug. So I tried on the ivory for size reference, only to absolutely fall in love with it! The ivory instantly made me feel beautiful, and yes, I did a twirl lol. The feelings the ivory gave me changed my mind from ordering the black skirt. But I didn’t purchase the ivory because, well, is it really a practical color? It’s slightly transparent but also isn’t as versatile as a black one, right? Truth be told, I can’t stop thinking of it.

I did buy the cardigan which is a great year-around piece. It’s a softer and lighter wool, mixed with cashmere. Not one of their itchy/thick/stiff knitwear.
View attachment 5412605
My is that ever pretty! The white may not work year-round as it has a bit more of a spring-summer feel, but we usually don't try on clothes that make us instantly fall in love. That's got to mean it's worth it, right?

My is that ever pretty! The white may not work year-round as it has a bit more of a spring-summer feel, but we usually don't try on clothes that make us instantly fall in love. That's got to mean it's worth it, right?
You know I just need a tiny bit of enabling, ha ha! I also realize the outfit as a whole doesn’t really go. I was trying on the cardigan with a pair of pants, and kept it on…

Tried out a couple items, and brought the oblique walk n dior sneakers home! Love the new floral cashmere shawl, a bit pricey for what it’s worth but man is it soft and pretty :smile: def getting on my list. Thanks to my SA for the lovely bouquet!

View attachment 5404385

View attachment 5404386

View attachment 5404387

View attachment 5404388

View attachment 5404389

View attachment 5404390
is this the scarf? :smile:

View attachment 5412605
I love the ivory tulle skirt on you! If a little of enabling is what you need, guess you have the votes from me and averagejoe:smile: how often do you come across a piece that makes your heart sing?

• Insightful
  • Love
Reactions: 880 and tutu_08