Dior RTW

Ladies, thank you for information.
I need to go to the boutique.
I bought the leopard jacket size 36; the tie dye jacket; and the sweat pants, size 34. Each about 2300 or 2500 USD. I’m normally a 40 or sometimes a 42 bc of my waist. I thought about the short beige Macintosh (maybe 4600 ?) bc I really liked the fit, but it didn’t breath at all, so decided against it. There was an attractive knife pleat ombré denim skirt and this patterned tie die (I took a size 42) but it’s a lot of relatively heavy material for someone my height (I think 2000) And the fringe long vest (6300?)looked like a blanket. Tried on a short waisted black and white plaid dress that was Not for my body type - school girl style made me look wider than tall.
for winter I saw a pic of a hooded bar type jacket (less nipped at the waist than the traditional bar jacket) that I asked for and a black leather jacket. I tried on a tan shearling that made me look like an Overstuffed Ugg boot.
061CABED-B076-46B4-9159-65B869E8C6F1.jpeg B2A73CFE-0EBF-4925-BF17-8F9254812D1C.jpeg DAE64215-8AC3-4849-A8AF-5D26A811A224.jpeg ACDEFEBD-C2CD-4CF6-8A4D-65C5DBC0354E.jpeg 1608AC77-7A88-463B-A01D-E271BE7F4176.jpeg
@style_in_snapshots, the dress is really good on you! Wish I had your hourglass figure! I think you’d also look great in the black and white one posted by @periogirl28 below. (Sadly that’s the one that made me look boxy)
thank you @Tasha1 and @jp824! @Tasha1, agree either the skirts are maxi or the dresses are mini, and everything needs alterations. I also wish that the denim jackets were more finished, less western, (I’m thinking of the way dolce and gabbana and valentino did denim years ago), and that there was some more camo this season, kind of like how Prada used to do or even Valentino a bit more recently. I only saw a few pieces of Dior ‘camo’ in blue Sweat shirt material that was oddly priced. For me, the leopard sweater, the neon color, the fit and style was too reminiscent of prints from the Limited express in the 1980s or 1990s so was a no go. :sad:

Last edited:
Tried on this pink and white dress in a 42. Fits true to size, slightly tight in the bust but I’m curvy.

Honestly I LOVED it but didn’t leave with it since it was more pricey than I wanted at the moment. But I was very tempted - the SA told me these styles in green are basically sold out and pink styles are limited.

Might be for the best tho since I might not love the pattern forever. This was my first time trying on a Dior dress and I’m definitely impressed with the fit!

6543A4A9-A1E3-4F0C-9B87-2EC4C4B8044E.jpeg

Good morning ladies. I am new to tpf :smile: I just wanted to share my first pieces I shopped from the new collection.
Quite in love with the leopard theme going on.

there is one more red leopard sweater on my mind and I want to try the checked dresses when I am able to visit my local boutique.

Attachments

• 2038C21F-A458-41B0-94CA-2E0F456A4B8D.jpeg
    2038C21F-A458-41B0-94CA-2E0F456A4B8D.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 16462DBA-5FD1-4C4B-BCE2-FD5B228179E2.jpeg
    16462DBA-5FD1-4C4B-BCE2-FD5B228179E2.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 30
I bought the leopard jacket size 36; the tie dye jacket; and the sweat pants, size 34. Each about 2300 or 2500 USD. I’m normally a 40 or sometimes a 42 bc of my waist. I thought about the short beige Macintosh (maybe 4600 ?) bc I really liked the fit, but it didn’t breath at all, so decided against it. There was an attractive knife pleat ombré denim skirt and this patterned tie die (I took a size 42) but it’s a lot of relatively heavy material for someone my height (I think 2000) And the fringe long vest (6300?)looked like a blanket. Tried on a short waisted black and white plaid dress that was Not for my body type - school girl style made me look wider than tall.
for winter I saw a pic of a hooded bar type jacket (less nipped at the waist than the traditional bar jacket) that I asked for and a black leather jacket. I tried on a tan shearling that made me look like an Overstuffed Ugg boot.

a great shopping day
I love this jacket on you. My problem is all stuff that I buy from Dior needs to be altered. I didn't have those troubles with RS designs. I find the boutique in Zurich less than averaged, miss my great SA in Amsterdam with his excellent service. Here, in Switzerland the choice is less and the prices are higher.
As for MGC designs her dresses rather long or short for me. The leopard dress Pre fall 2021 is pricey and fragile, as it made of silk.

• Love
Reactions: averagejoe and 880
View attachment 5071564 View attachment 5071565 View attachment 5071804
View attachment 5071575 View attachment 5071576 View attachment 5071566
I love all the pieces you selected, but that leopard jacket on you is just stunning!

• Love
Reactions: 880
A bit OT, but I was wondering if anyone here thinks there should be some philosophical cohesion between mens and women’s in the same design house, or if there should be some crossover (almost like a gender neutral common zone of clothing). I also felt (just peering into the men’s window, that the men’s side is a lot more youthful than women’s . I say this bc there have been many times when I’ve wished some menswear items have been made in women’s sizes. (Mainly with respect to other designers like Jil Sander, Brunello Cuchinelli, dolce)

Agree. I always look at men’s collections when I’m in a boutique. Now if something catches my eye and fits, I’ll get it (and I generally have a very feminine style). I find their shirts are often better made? Thicker as well for hiding bra straps.

I purchased a Dior men’s bomber jacket earlier in the year and enjoy wearing it. I found a men’s tee at Hermes last year. Both mix well with my wardrobe and fit great. If the sizing works, I’d encourage you to explore the option!

Agree. I always look at men’s collections when I’m in a boutique. Now if something catches my eye and fits, I’ll get it (and I generally have a very feminine style). I find their shirts are often better made? Thicker as well for hiding bra straps.

I purchased a Dior men’s bomber jacket earlier in the year and enjoy wearing it. I found a men’s tee at Hermes last year. Both mix well with my wardrobe and fit great. If the sizing works, I’d encourage you to explore the option!
Thank you! I will check! I’d love to see action pics if you have any! I wish men’s and women’s were in the same building, not adjacent :smile:

@periogirl28, thank you for posting more AW. It’s nice to see different selections from different SAs. The yellow poncho cut reminds me of the Hermes black cashmere hooded one you tried last season? I think I saw a jacket to go with the beige skirt in your last post that I’m interested in. :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: periogirl28