Dior Rose Des Vents Wear and Tear

rendelujo

instagram @rendelujo
May 9, 2020
Hello everyone! I have long been eyeing the Dior fine jewelry Rose Des Vents collection (specifically in the yellow gold mother of pearl necklace) but I haven’t seen much review on its wear and tear. Just wanna know how the MOP is holding up?

i want to make it my everyday necklace. I wear lotion and perfume on my body and can tend to sweat a lot during the summer, hence, my worry. :sad: I heard that onyx is more durable but I prefer the mix of MOP with the yellow gold more.

inputs would be very much appreciated!

I don't have the rose des vents but I have looked into MOP extensively because I wanted to invest in a few VCA pieces. In the end, I got the MOP vintage alhambra necklace from VCA as a special occasion necklace, but I passed on the bracelet as I had wanted a bracelet to wear all the time.

MOP is not good for everyday wear, especially if you wear lotion and perfume on your body. MOP is porous so it will absorb the alcohol, oils, and sweat from your body and it'll make it look dull and less shiny.

I have heard of people who wear their VCA MOP pieces regularly, but it's highly not recommended to do that. VCA has a program where they will replace the MOP in their pieces if it shrinks or becomes damaged over time, but I'm not sure if Dior has a similar policy.

Onyx is 100% more durable and appropriate for everyday wear, but it does show fingerprints very easily so you have to be polishing and cleaning it regularly otherwise it will look dirty.

I don't have the rose des vents but I have looked into MOP extensively because I wanted to invest in a few VCA pieces. In the end, I got the MOP vintage alhambra necklace from VCA as a special occasion necklace, but I passed on the bracelet as I had wanted a bracelet to wear all the time.

MOP is not good for everyday wear, especially if you wear lotion and perfume on your body. MOP is porous so it will absorb the alcohol, oils, and sweat from your body and it'll make it look dull and less shiny.

I have heard of people who wear their VCA MOP pieces regularly, but it's highly not recommended to do that. VCA has a program where they will replace the MOP in their pieces if it shrinks or becomes damaged over time, but I'm not sure if Dior has a similar policy.

Onyx is 100% more durable and appropriate for everyday wear, but it does show fingerprints very easily so you have to be polishing and cleaning it regularly otherwise it will look dirty.
This is very informative. A lot of people always say they wear their VCA vintage alhambra MOP daily which was why I considered getting the rose des vents in MOP. But then, the rose des vents MOP is really in direct contact with the skin so I guess I have to go with onyx ‍ Thank you so much!!!

This is very informative. A lot of people always say they wear their VCA vintage alhambra MOP daily which was why I considered getting the rose des vents in MOP. But then, the rose des vents MOP is really in direct contact with the skin so I guess I have to go with onyx ‍ Thank you so much!!!
I have heard of people say they wear their VCA MOP daily but there's an "insurance" policy where you can get the stone changed out for a few hundred dollars. I don't know if Dior offers that - you can try asking.

Reactions: rendelujo
I wear my rose des celeste necklace and my rose des vents necklace almost daily and it's been fine. If it starts to look dull, you can take it back to a Dior boutique and they'll clean them for you for free.

Hello everyone! I have long been eyeing the Dior fine jewelry Rose Des Vents collection (specifically in the yellow gold mother of pearl necklace) but I haven’t seen much review on its wear and tear. Just wanna know how the MOP is holding up?

i want to make it my everyday necklace. I wear lotion and perfume on my body and can tend to sweat a lot during the summer, hence, my worry. :sad: I heard that onyx is more durable but I prefer the mix of MOP with the yellow gold more.

inputs would be very much appreciated!

Hi, unfortunately can't help specifically with the MOP version. I have the rose gold onyx version of the necklace, they do say not to apply lotion and perfume when wearing precious metals and gemstones (including MOP) in general only because with metals (like gold), it can corrode the metal over time. With gemstones too, they can be porous and absorb the chemicals in soaps, lotions and perfumes etc. I generally keep my precious metal jewellery off until after I've washed and dried my hands and let any lotions or perfume absorb into the skin before putting on my jewellery.

As for general wear and tear, with the price you're paying for the necklace, you'd want to be careful with it anyway. For example, you wouldn't want to go swimming or to the gym with it on, but wear it all the time! Even my SA tells it it should be worn, don't be too careful about wearing it dressed up for formal occasions. I tend to remove it when I go to sleep and store it in its box, and put it on again once I've finished my morning routine. I must admit that I've also got a gold cleaning cloth as well and a sonic jewellery cleaner that I use every now and then to keep my jewellery clean. General clean and maintenance also helps them last longer!

I absolutely love mine, it's so pretty and dainty, but also such a subtle statement piece for casual and formal outfits alike. :smile: Dior does have fantastic service with fine jewellery and I've been told if a stone comes loose or if your necklace is damaged, they'll be able to look at it for you and repair it.