Dior Rose Des Vents Wear and Tear

rendelujo

instagram @rendelujo
May 9, 2020
Hello everyone! I have long been eyeing the Dior fine jewelry Rose Des Vents collection (specifically in the yellow gold mother of pearl necklace) but I haven’t seen much review on its wear and tear. Just wanna know how the MOP is holding up?

i want to make it my everyday necklace. I wear lotion and perfume on my body and can tend to sweat a lot during the summer, hence, my worry. :sad: I heard that onyx is more durable but I prefer the mix of MOP with the yellow gold more.

inputs would be very much appreciated!

pinkrose398

MaddyLoves.com
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
Vancouver, BC
www.maddyloves.com
I don't have the rose des vents but I have looked into MOP extensively because I wanted to invest in a few VCA pieces. In the end, I got the MOP vintage alhambra necklace from VCA as a special occasion necklace, but I passed on the bracelet as I had wanted a bracelet to wear all the time.

MOP is not good for everyday wear, especially if you wear lotion and perfume on your body. MOP is porous so it will absorb the alcohol, oils, and sweat from your body and it'll make it look dull and less shiny.

I have heard of people who wear their VCA MOP pieces regularly, but it's highly not recommended to do that. VCA has a program where they will replace the MOP in their pieces if it shrinks or becomes damaged over time, but I'm not sure if Dior has a similar policy.

Onyx is 100% more durable and appropriate for everyday wear, but it does show fingerprints very easily so you have to be polishing and cleaning it regularly otherwise it will look dirty.

rendelujo

instagram @rendelujo
May 9, 2020
I don't have the rose des vents but I have looked into MOP extensively because I wanted to invest in a few VCA pieces. In the end, I got the MOP vintage alhambra necklace from VCA as a special occasion necklace, but I passed on the bracelet as I had wanted a bracelet to wear all the time.

MOP is not good for everyday wear, especially if you wear lotion and perfume on your body. MOP is porous so it will absorb the alcohol, oils, and sweat from your body and it'll make it look dull and less shiny.

I have heard of people who wear their VCA MOP pieces regularly, but it's highly not recommended to do that. VCA has a program where they will replace the MOP in their pieces if it shrinks or becomes damaged over time, but I'm not sure if Dior has a similar policy.

Onyx is 100% more durable and appropriate for everyday wear, but it does show fingerprints very easily so you have to be polishing and cleaning it regularly otherwise it will look dirty.
This is very informative. A lot of people always say they wear their VCA vintage alhambra MOP daily which was why I considered getting the rose des vents in MOP. But then, the rose des vents MOP is really in direct contact with the skin so I guess I have to go with onyx ‍ Thank you so much!!!

pinkrose398

MaddyLoves.com
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
Vancouver, BC
www.maddyloves.com
This is very informative. A lot of people always say they wear their VCA vintage alhambra MOP daily which was why I considered getting the rose des vents in MOP. But then, the rose des vents MOP is really in direct contact with the skin so I guess I have to go with onyx ‍ Thank you so much!!!
I have heard of people say they wear their VCA MOP daily but there's an "insurance" policy where you can get the stone changed out for a few hundred dollars. I don't know if Dior offers that - you can try asking.

Reactions: rendelujo