Dior Revolution thoughts

Ally3210

Sep 21, 2018
I came across the Revolution today at Bloomies and fell in love. Ok I have a soft spot for Dior as I already own 3 from years ago and still get stopped wearing my vintage! The Saddle is just too small even in medium. The salesgirl recommendation was the Revolution which holds a bit more. This one was black with brass. I know I said no more black bags, err. But kidda like the idea of changing straps.
I get the feeling this bag is not selling as the salesgirl just about came out and told me so after conversing for a bit. She said everyone wants the saddle. Think about it, it will still be here next week.
So here’s my concerns as this bag is a big hunk of change.
Is black and brass just too dressy, I don’t work and my style is casual. I want to wear it not store it!
Do you think this bag will be dated shortly? Especially if it’s not selling?
I have not made a huge bag purchase in years so I out of the loop these days.
Please comment as I just don’t know what to do. Should I just keep looking.
Thanks

Black with the bold DIOR typeface in brass is not dressy in any way. In fact, it is very casual and I would not use it for formal occasions if I owned it. Dressy would be a bag like the Lady Dior, for example.

The Dio(r)evolution bag is part of the line that Maria Grazia Chiuri continues to develop season after season for Dior, much like the J'ADIOR bag. Just because it is at the boutique, and isn't selling as quickly as the Saddle, doesn't mean that it is not selling. Bags like the Lady Dior and Diorama sell all the time, but you can always walk into a boutique and buy one, so its availability doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't sell well.

Will it be dated shortly? I don't know about that, and I hope it doesn't because I have the matching chain bracelet and I don't want that to date too easily. However, very few things in fashion are truly timeless. Even Gucci's Ophidia was considered dated until it was reintroduced decades later by Alessandro Michele. Now the bag seems timeless, but it wasn't always so.

The Dior Saddle is the same. It wasn't considered timeless until it was relaunched recently by Maria Grazia Chiuri.

I suggest going for the Dio(r)evolution because you love it. That is what makes a bag timeless in my opinion. I have a Dior Gaucho bag which is considered quite dated now, but it is my go-to bag for the warmer seasons (because of the colour) and I will continue to use it for years because I love it. It still brings back memories of when it was first launched and was considered the "it" bag of the time.

If you love the bag, I suggest you get it. Life is too short not to wear what you want because of 'trends', you know? I have a YSL easy that's almost 10 years old. I whip it out whenever I need it and revel in the smushy, soft leather just like I did when I first purchased it.

I will confess, I'm not into overt logos and branding, but the Dio(r)evolution is a cute bag and I like the carrying options.

Anyway, best of luck with whatever you choose. =D

You will NOT regret this purchase. I have 2 of them and loving them so so much.
I always wear the bag with shorts and tees. It is super casual :smile:
There are a few ladies on the dior thread with a few pieces of this bag as well. You can see how much we love the bag.

Good luck deciding :heart:

Reactions: averagejoe
I came across the Revolution today at Bloomies and fell in love. Ok I have a soft spot for Dior as I already own 3 from years ago and still get stopped wearing my vintage! The Saddle is just too small even in medium. The salesgirl recommendation was the Revolution which holds a bit more. This one was black with brass. I know I said no more black bags, err. But kidda like the idea of changing straps.
I get the feeling this bag is not selling as the salesgirl just about came out and told me so after conversing for a bit. She said everyone wants the saddle. Think about it, it will still be here next week.
So here’s my concerns as this bag is a big hunk of change.
Is black and brass just too dressy, I don’t work and my style is casual. I want to wear it not store it!
Do you think this bag will be dated shortly? Especially if it’s not selling?
I have not made a huge bag purchase in years so I out of the loop these days.
Please comment as I just don’t know what to do. Should I just keep looking.
Thanks

I loved the Diorevolution (black) as I first saw it but it was only with gold hardware and I wanted silver.
Then saw it comes in black hardware so I'm considering it but still didn't see it in the boutique yet.

I'm not sure few years from now will the bag still be cool!

Try it on and see if your really love it. If you do, get it!

Good Luck in deciding..

Reactions: Boho-Angel