Dior repairs under warranty

Chanotchka

Aug 23, 2020
Hi all,

When I visited the Dior store to look at a new bag, I mentioned wanting to repair my lady Dior to an SA, he said that I should bring it in before the two year mark, so it's still under warranty, which I did.
When I brought it in, nothing was mentioned of a potential cost.
After a few weeks I receive a message that the atelier has estimated my repairs at such and such sum.

Obviously confused I contact the SA, who tells me that the atelier can decide this, which was not mentioned to me at all.
After speaking to another SA on the phone, they all told me the same thing.
I voiced that I'm not happy with this dishonest communication and now I'm wondering whether this is normal? Any insights/ experiences are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

When I visited the Dior store to look at a new bag, I mentioned wanting to repair my lady Dior to an SA, he said that I should bring it in before the two year mark, so it's still under warranty, which I did.
When I brought it in, nothing was mentioned of a potential cost.
After a few weeks I receive a message that the atelier has estimated my repairs at such and such sum.

Obviously confused I contact the SA, who tells me that the atelier can decide this, which was not mentioned to me at all.
After speaking to another SA on the phone, they all told me the same thing.
I voiced that I'm not happy with this dishonest communication and now I'm wondering whether this is normal? Any insights/ experiences are appreciated.

Thanks in advance
The repair center can decide if it is something under warranty and covered, or if it is due to wear and tear. The SA should have mentioned this.

May I please ask what the repair was for? You may be able to argue that it is a quality issue and they can cover the cost for you.

The repair center can decide if it is something under warranty and covered, or if it is due to wear and tear. The SA should have mentioned this.

May I please ask what the repair was for? You may be able to argue that it is a quality issue and they can cover the cost for you.
Thank you for your reply.

There was some color transfer, and the charms were smudged, I don't even know from what, no scratches, just smudged, this happened pretty early on, the store said it's not normal. That's pretty much it.

Reactions: averagejoe
Thank you for your reply.

There was some color transfer, and the charms were smudged, I don't even know from what, no scratches, just smudged, this happened pretty early on, the store said it's not normal. That's pretty much it.
Colour transfer is usually considered wear and tear. The SA should have been forthcoming about that.

The good thing is that your bag may come back looking new again.

Reactions: Metalblond