Dior repair service without receipt

Apr 8, 2016
Dear at the PurseForum ,

I would love to buy a pre-loved dior bag . However , most sites I've seen do not provide the receipt.
the purchase normally includes : box , dust bag , authenticity card.

Does the Dior boutiques accept the bag for a repair without the receipt ?

Any help is appreciated,
M Handbagaholic

Vespa_girl

Nov 3, 2012
Australia
Hi,

I'm not sure what Country you are in - this appears to make a difference.

I have read of many people here on the forum who I think are in America/Canada who don't need to show a receipt or authenticity card and they are able to get assistance, however I don't know if this is due to them haveing a pre-existing relationship with the store through purchasing other items etc.

I don't know what sort of reception you would get if you took a bag to a boutique and they didn't have any prior knowledge of you or your bag - might depend on the specific store you go to.

My personal experience with having pre-owned Dior bags and trying to get assistance from several Dior stores here in Australia can only be descrived as pulling teeth. I have attempted to purchase a replacement strap for a vintage lady Dior and I can never get any positive answers.

It's very frustrating and I always get the same answer that they will not touch my bags without an Authenticity card - they could be fake.

I have been told by others on here that what I am being told by Dior staff is wrong, and they can assist me without the Authenticity card, as when the bag is recieved by the repair department, they will quickly determine if the bag is fake, and either send it back advising this, or they repair the bag as requested.

Good luck :smile:

Apr 8, 2016
Hi,

I'm not sure what Country you are in - this appears to make a difference.

I have read of many people here on the forum who I think are in America/Canada who don't need to show a receipt or authenticity card and they are able to get assistance, however I don't know if this is due to them haveing a pre-existing relationship with the store through purchasing other items etc.

I don't know what sort of reception you would get if you took a bag to a boutique and they didn't have any prior knowledge of you or your bag - might depend on the specific store you go to.

My personal experience with having pre-owned Dior bags and trying to get assistance from several Dior stores here in Australia can only be descrived as pulling teeth. I have attempted to purchase a replacement strap for a vintage lady Dior and I can never get any positive answers.

It's very frustrating and I always get the same answer that they will not touch my bags without an Authenticity card - they could be fake.

I have been told by others on here that what I am being told by Dior staff is wrong, and they can assist me without the Authenticity card, as when the bag is recieved by the repair department, they will quickly determine if the bag is fake, and either send it back advising this, or they repair the bag as requested.

Good luck :smile:
Thanks Vespa_girl .
I will definitely buy the bag with at least the authenticity card then.