Dior Price Increase

Yep! A little after midnight I went onto Dior.com to see how much equity I now have in my new Dior bag. Lol. :lol: The version I purchased has the enamel on the DIOR charms on the front of the Lady ABC bag along with suede interior. So my bag started off at $4,900. The Lady ABC bag without the enamel and with the cloth interior is $4,700...HOWEVER, AS OF TODAY, THEY BOTH ARE $5,300!!! THAT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND! So my bag went up a crazy $400 BUT the one that started off cheaper went up $600!?! WHY? WHAT THE!!!! I understood the price difference from $4,700 to $4,900 due to the enamel vs no enamel and suede vs no suede, but how on EARTH are you going to make them the same price now? That's like a car dealership selling the same car, slightly different model as one has leather interior and the other does not, yet you charge the same price. Or one car has A/C and the other doesn't. Wow. Well, to everyone that made the choice to buy BEFORE the price increase, you all have some type of EQUITY in your bags now! Lol. I just can't see how they justify that large of an increase. They do this knowing there still will be people that will buy anyway. I have a cap, financially and mentally. Im glad I have my Lady Dior but I will not spend $5,300 plus tax on a small Lady Dior bag. Nope. Lol. Gosh, I wonder how much the guitar strap went up to? I forgot to check. I notice the saddle card holder is still at $460 so no increase on that.
I was debating on getting small lady dior bag in black, but so confused if it should be the pale gold hardware or the enamel one.. may i ask what the difference with the interior you are talking about is?

I was debating on getting small lady dior bag in black, but so confused if it should be the pale gold hardware or the enamel one.. may i ask what the difference with the interior you are talking about is?
Oh sure! The Dior Lady ABC bag I purchased has light gold hardware, including the charms, however the charms are trimmed with enamel (on the edges only). The version with the charms with the enamel edging is lined in actual suede vs fabric and it is goregous and plush! When I purchased my Lady ABC that version (with the suede lining and enamel edging on the charms) was slightly more then the non enamel, fabric versions however after the price increase that version became the SAME price as the one I have. So, the Lady bags lined in fabric and lined in suede became the SAME price after the price increase in Nov of last year. I'm not sure if that is still the case. Crazy for the suede to start off more to later be the same cost as the non suede. I have included a pic of my bag so you can see the charms. They do come in all enamel as well but I felt it got lost with the bag and didn't stand out much.

20221203_195107.jpg

20221203_195125.jpg

20221203_195204.jpg

20221203_195210.jpg

20221203_195218.jpg

20221203_195240.jpg

Last edited:
Oh sure! The Dior Lady ABC bag I purchased has light gold hardware, including the charms, however the charms are trimmed with enamel (on the edges only). The version with the charms with the enamel edging is lined in actual suede vs fabric and it is goregous and plush! When I purchased my Lady ABC that version (with the suede lining and enamel edging on the charms) was slightly more then the non enamel, fabric versions however after the price increase that version became the SAME price as the one I have. So, the Lady bags lined in fabric and lined in suede became the SAME price after the price increase in Nov of last year. I'm not sure if that is still the case. Crazy for the suede to start off more to later be the same cost as the non suede. I have included a pic of my bag so you can see the charms. They do come in all enamel as well but I felt it got lost with the bag and didn't stand out much.

View attachment 5664431
Sorry correction. I got the enamel reversed on the charms! I meant to say the charms are enamel with just the edges exposing the gold metal. So its reverse of what I originally said. I added pics above.

Last edited:
Sorry correction. I got the enamel reversed on the charms! I meant to say the charms are enamel with just the edges exposing the gold metal. So its reverse of what I originally said. I added pics above.
Oh thank you for your very informative answer ! I was so cunfused. But what a beautiful bag!
I am debating on getting the black pale gold or the black enamel one. I like the red interior that the pale gold has , and i am not quite sure which suede color the black have as it does not say anywhere on the website. Maybe someone in here can help me. I really like the idea of the luxury suede lining however as you said , i dont know if the enamel charms would stand out as much or will like dissapear with the bag. But at least no scratches right? As i heard the charms are easily scratched. Do you know what the charms are made of?

Reactions: Debbie65
Oh thank you for your very informative answer ! I was so cunfused. But what a beautiful bag!
I am debating on getting the black pale gold or the black enamel one. I like the red interior that the pale gold has , and i am not quite sure which suede color the black have as it does not say anywhere on the website. Maybe someone in here can help me. I really like the idea of the luxury suede lining however as you said , i dont know if the enamel charms would stand out as much or will like dissapear with the bag. But at least no scratches right? As i heard the charms are easily scratched. Do you know what the charms are made of?
The charms appear to be just metal and as far as the enamel that in on the front of the charms (there is no enamel on the back) it's nicely done. You don't feel any texture from the enamel, it basically feels like smooth glossy metal. The enamel is glossy, not shiney if that makes sense. Since my enamel charms have the pale gold metal exposed around the edges, the charms do not get lost with the bag even though the enamel is close to the same color as the bag (the enamel on the charms is about 1 shade darker on my bag). When I purchased mine, I saw the matte leather Lady bag with the full matte enamel charms and although it's edgy, they blended too much into the bag for my liking. I read somewhere that overtime the enamel may flake off. I'm wondering if that is on the matte enamel that is on the matte bags because as I'm looking at mine, I really don't see how that could happen as it appears to be one with the metal. I'm not sure how it was processed, maybe baked on and coated over with some type of glossy lacquer? I can't even feel where the enamel starts or ends. My guess is with the glossy enamel it will not show those fine hairline scratches due to the coating over the enamel. I don't see 1 scratch on the front of my charms. I flipped my charms over and the back are just plain pale gold metal. I do see fine faint scratches on the back of the charms tho and some of the scratches give the appearance of dullness. I've only had this bag for 1 year and used it just a handful of times. As I look at my charms, my thought is that the plain pale gold charms without the glossy enamel may show more visible wear and scratches however maybe not as quickly as the back of mine, as mine are scratched because the charms rub up against each other on the back more then they do the front front. I do see fine scratches now on the front of my charms as I look now, but it's only where the gold is exposed around the edges of the enamel. It is very faint and such a small area of gold it makes it so minor.
However on the enamel itself I see zero scratches. I'll include pics of the back of my charms so you can see what I'm talking about and it will giive you an idea of the wear on the plain pale gold vs the glossy enamel with the gold metal edges. Hope this helps! :smile:

20221204_034801.jpg

20221204_034808.jpg

20221204_035048.jpg

20221204_034918.jpg

20221204_035405.jpg

Reactions: averagejoe and Put
The charms appear to be just metal and as far as the enamel that in on the front of the charms (there is no enamel on the back) it's nicely done. You don't feel any texture from the enamel, it basically feels like smooth glossy metal. The enamel is glossy, not shiney if that makes sense. Since my enamel charms have the pale gold metal exposed around the edges, the charms do not get lost with the bag even though the enamel is close to the same color as the bag (the enamel on the charms is about 1 shade darker on my bag). When I purchased mine, I saw the matte leather Lady bag with the full matte enamel charms and although it's edgy, they blended too much into the bag for my liking. I read somewhere that overtime the enamel may flake off. I'm wondering if that is on the matte enamel that is on the matte bags because as I'm looking at mine, I really don't see how that could happen as it appears to be one with the metal. I'm not sure how it was processed, maybe baked on and coated over with some type of glossy lacquer? I can't even feel where the enamel starts or ends. My guess is with the glossy enamel it will not show those fine hairline scratches due to the coating over the enamel. I don't see 1 scratch on the front of my charms. I flipped my charms over and the back are just plain pale gold metal. I do see fine faint scratches on the back of the charms tho and some of the scratches give the appearance of dullness. I've only had this bag for 1 year and used it just a handful of times. As I look at my charms, my thought is that the plain pale gold charms without the glossy enamel may show more visible wear and scratches however maybe not as quickly as the back of mine, as mine are scratched because the charms rub up against each other on the back more then they do the front front. I do see fine scratches now on the front of my charms as I look now, but it's only where the gold is exposed around the edges of the enamel. It is very faint and such a small area of gold it makes it so minor.
However on the enamel itself I see zero scratches. I'll include pics of the back of my charms so you can see what I'm talking about and it will giive you an idea of the wear on the plain pale gold vs the glossy enamel with the gold metal edges. Hope this helps! :smile:

View attachment 5664614

View attachment 5664615

View attachment 5664616

View attachment 5664617

View attachment 5664618
Thank you so much for the pictures, it really does help. Now i just have to figure out which color the lady dior small black enamel interior color is before making up my mind.

Yes not sure why they have such limited pics on their website. Smh lol
I just wanted to update you after all, because you really helped me figuring out every questions that i har toward the lady dior!
So here she is :angel:I am very happy! I also got the holiday packaging.
Buut there is a but .. yes i know. I found some weird scratches on the dior charms, like some rounded scratches.. and some dent on the leather strap. I dont know if i am being too sensitive or .. and also when i ordered the bag i really wanted the letters “PUT” for the strap. But the T was out of stock so i opted for a “heart” instead. And now i see that they have the T in stock. Should i make an return because of any of these reasons? :confused1:

F98286BF-90E2-4EE8-AFB0-07A14F72CB3D.jpeg

165A88A4-CEBD-4F29-A404-10277D4DF282.jpeg

7B890804-D395-442D-93C6-622FF038FACF.jpeg

E3CD27DB-B4CA-426B-9DE3-A013263894AC.jpeg

C3E4F974-CDC4-46F3-B839-1D797A2A6758.jpeg

• Wow