Dior Price Increase

I had a friend confirm with her SA that Europe was being affected as well. She said 9-12%!

The increases are really overly obnoxious. I recognize that companies need to make $$, and that the cost of materials has increased + inflation, but this, to me, is greed more than anything else.

I purchased my LD in Paris last October, and paid €3900. It’s currently €4500, and will be going up an additional 9-12%!? That’s an increase of more than 28% in 9 months! COME ON. :annoyed::sick::annoyed::sick:

I totally agree. Definitely lambskin. Patent is actually harder to maintain and even worse if you're in a humid climate (the patent can get sticky). My patent lady dior had parts that started to peel (albeit after close to 10 years).

I also agree that blush/fard is more classic and will age better than the rose des vents. I would choose blush/fard over black, it is beautiful and more unique while still classic.

It sounds like the small might suit your frame better than the medium but you can try on sizes in the store to see what works best.

We have the exact same spec! I also second the small size!! I think it’s a perfect size that is light and practical enough.

Hi, I’m so interested in new djoy in latte colour too, but worry about being white, may I know if you ever use stain protector on yours?

I never use any extra protection, but I do have to baby my bag. I’ve tried not to put it directly on dirty surfaces. So far it looks completely new but thats also because I don’t use it much. I might have to ask for advice from you instead when you’ve got one! :P

As per the website, in Australia, prices for classic lambskin Lady Dior:
  • Micro AUD5300 (no increase)
  • Mini AUD7000 -> AUD7400 (5.7% increase)
  • Small AUD7400 -> AUD7700 (4.1% increase)
  • ABC AUD7600 -> AUD7900 (3.9% increase)
  • Medium AUD8300 -> AUD8500 (2.5% increase)
  • Large AUD9000 -> AUD9200 (2.2% increase)

As per the website, in Australia, prices for classic lambskin Lady Dior:
  • Micro AUD5300 (no increase)
  • Mini AUD7000 -> AUD7400 (5.7% increase)
  • Small AUD7400 -> AUD7700 (4.1% increase)
  • ABC AUD7600 -> AUD7900 (3.9% increase)
  • Medium AUD8300 -> AUD8500 (2.5% increase)
  • Large AUD9000 -> AUD9200 (2.2% increase)
Interesting. If you convert the ABCDior price to usd it’s essentially $100 more than the current list price (before price increase). Interested to see in the disparity that this price increase creates.

I would like to add another Lady Dior, but honestly with these crazy and unjustified price hikes I’m going to just sit it out. I shall settle for my two dior pieces (mini lady & saddle bag).

Interesting. If you convert the ABCDior price to usd it’s essentially $100 more than the current list price (before price increase). Interested to see in the disparity that this price increase creates.

I would like to add another Lady Dior, but honestly with these crazy and unjustified price hikes I’m going to just sit it out. I shall settle for my two dior pieces (mini lady & saddle bag).
Same here, i would love to add a medium lady dior but at 8500AUD am not sure !!

Same here, i would love to add a medium lady dior but at 8500AUD am not sure !!
The word on the street was "up to 15% storewide" so I was honestly expecting another $1k jump on the medium LD. To my surprise when I checked this morning, it was only a $200 increase. That's still a lot of money for an already extremely expensive bag, but still, I was quite relieved as I expected it to go over the $9k mark. Maybe that's the strategy...