DIOR PRESTIGE- over 400 $$ ???!!!!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I don't know much about cosmetics as in all the fancy ingredients or the chemistry - I only know what I like .
    But I do wonder what makes some products so expensive such as
    DIOR PRESTIGE what's so special about it , I sample it every time I go in a dept. Store and it seems awesome but over 400 $ where are you getting that price ? I think most of it is in that super fancy bottle , but who needs a fancy designer bottle - that is worthless to me as it will end up in the trash once the product is done take away the bottle and the name and then what's the value of the actual product ?

Attached Files:

2. Have you used this enough to know it's a bad product?

3. Have you tried this and disliked it?

4. Moved out of Rants and Raves forum.

5. If it were really that valuable how could they afford to give out samples? Sounds fishy to me.

6. I didn't even know this was a thing.

Ingredients: aqua(water),capric/capric glyceride,glycerin,cetearyl isononanoate,butyrospermum parkii(shea butter)extract,myreth-3myristate,steareth-21,dimethicone,pentylene glycol,maltitol,cetyl alcohol,stearyl alcohol,hydrogenated coco-glycerides,jojoba esters,butylene glycol,kniphofia uvaria(kniphofia uvaria nectar),glyceryl stearate,polymethyl methacrylate,parfum(fragrance),decyloxazolidinone,centella asiatica leaf extract,rosa hybrid cell extract,rosa canina fruit oil,adenosine,rosa damascena flower water,laureth-7,malva sylvestris(mallow)extract,phenoxyethanol,theobroma grandiflorum seed butter,helichrysum italicum extract,acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer,cetyl palmitate,dimethiconol,polyacrylamide,tetrasodium edta,tocopheryl acetate,sodium hyaluronate,rosa hybrid flower extract,c13-11 isoparaffin,sodium hydroxide,bht,sodium metabisulfite,citronellol,geraniol,tocopheryl,ascorbyl dipalmitate

Alcohol is a giant red flag for me, when it comes to my skincare. Nope nope nope nope nope.

7. Hmm, almost all of those ingredients are extremely mundane, and the rarer ingredients are at the bottom of the list, which means that they are pretty much just trace amounts and are there for decoration. It isn't really about the individual product's effectiveness so much as it is about knowing that a ingredient-identical product is out there for 1/10th of the price, and of course, the insulting marketing pseudo-science behind the product.

Taken from the Dior website: "94% of women feel the sensation of rose petal when touching their skin." Like, what does this even mean? How does this demonstrate effectiveness? :roflmfao:

It looks like an overpriced shea butter moisturizer with rose extract. Shea Moisture or L'Occitane would be just two of many much better choices for a shea butter product. It's up to each individual how to spend their money, and I respect that. "You do you" are words to live by. But I really don't respect aspirational marketing that tries to convince me of mystic, non-falsifiable nonsense.

8. I am always scrutinising ingredients list, and Google unknown items. Packaging is very wasteful, time we moved away from that into more refillable and recyclable designs. Hardly anyone does that and don't get me started on cruel and unessecary animal testing. I try to check here: http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com for reliable reviews.