Dior Polochon bag - too boxy or bulky?

Yikkie

Avid Purse Lover!
O.G.
May 26, 2008
A sunny, happy place!
I'm contemplating getting a Dior Polochon bag in jaune vif (plain calfskin leather). I've not seen this bag IRL but from the description, I reckon the size is very similar to a LV speedy 30. Does the bag slouch with use? Or does it look boxy/bulky? Is it a heavy bag?

If you own one, is there anything you don't like about it?

Many thanks in advance for help/advice!! :smile:

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Toronto
The Polochon comes in soft lambskin or deerskin, which means that it won't be too structured or boxy. It's really chic and functional with both hand-held and shoulder options. It is lined in fabric instead of leather which keeps the bag lighter.

ThisVNchick

SGN<->SF<->DC<->CDG
O.G.
May 7, 2008
Bi-coastal Gal
I'm contemplating getting a Dior Polochon bag in jaune vif (plain calfskin leather). I've not seen this bag IRL but from the description, I reckon the size is very similar to a LV speedy 30. Does the bag slouch with use? Or does it look boxy/bulky? Is it a heavy bag?

If you own one, is there anything you don't like about it?

Many thanks in advance for help/advice!! :smile:

If you're a slouchy bag person, you probably don't want this bag. It keeps its shape VERY WELL (which I love because it looks new all the time). That said, it is a very light bag compared to the LV SC (not as light as the canvas, but it's leather after all). I like it. I have it on cannage lamb and deerskin. Both hold up quite well, so I would recommend both.

The only downside is the resell value of these bags. So make sure you love it and will be using the heck out of it for awhile to get your money's worth.

Yikkie

Avid Purse Lover!
O.G.
May 26, 2008
A sunny, happy place!
If you're a slouchy bag person, you probably don't want this bag. It keeps its shape VERY WELL (which I love because it looks new all the time). That said, it is a very light bag compared to the LV SC (not as light as the canvas, but it's leather after all). I like it. I have it on cannage lamb and deerskin. Both hold up quite well, so I would recommend both.

The only downside is the resell value of these bags. So make sure you love it and will be using the heck out of it for awhile to get your money's worth.

The Polochon comes in soft lambskin or deerskin, which means that it won't be too structured or boxy. It's really chic and functional with both hand-held and shoulder options. It is lined in fabric instead of leather which keeps the bag lighter.

Thank you both for the additional info! I guess the bag is made from deer skin not calfskin as mentioned in seller's listing, which is nice as it should be softer. I can handle both slouchy and structured bags, but have a preference for those that look more sleek i.e. Not too wide in the base. ThisVNchick, does the bag sag at all?

ThisVNchick

SGN<->SF<->DC<->CDG
O.G.
May 7, 2008
Bi-coastal Gal
Thank you both for the additional info! I guess the bag is made from deer skin not calfskin as mentioned in seller's listing, which is nice as it should be softer. I can handle both slouchy and structured bags, but have a preference for those that look more sleek i.e. Not too wide in the base. ThisVNchick, does the bag sag at all?
Surprising, no. The base holds its shape rather well. You will not be needing to buy a base shaper for this bag. At least I did not have to.

ThisVNchick

SGN<->SF<->DC<->CDG
O.G.
May 7, 2008
Bi-coastal Gal
Thank you! This is the bag I'm considering. What do you think? View attachment 2772292
That is a gorgeous color. I am in search of a yellow and an orange for this upcoming fall, so I am completely color bias at this point. Although, word of caution, yellow, because it is on the lighter side, I wouldn't use every day just because wear and tear will more easily show on this bag. If it is a bag that you will occasionally use, then yes, this is a great color!

lulalula

Mar 6, 2011
NYC
the polochon is a very nice bag, it's more square-shaped compared to LV SC, i.e. not as wide. it doesn't slouch like the diorissimo, but it's not boxy either.

I had both in mind when i was looking for a speedy-type bag. I would have gone with the polochon for 1. its shape suits my body frame better. The SC protrudes a little when carried on shoulder, because it's too wide.
2. polochon is lighter,
3. it has external pockets,
4. I dislike the details on the SC bag such as the ring hinges that connect the strap to the bag.

For other considerations, SC is more classic and "luxurious", while polochon is something low-key and fun. Between a regular speedy and the polochon, def. get the polochon. But between the SC and polochon, if the polochon doesn't sing to you or if you don't dislike SC in particular, I would suggest go with the SC...:P

p.s. the bright yellow is gorgeous.

Angelbabygal

May 19, 2013
Its scratches very easy. My bag sags on the front and back. i like the long strap to wear it across by body but i bang into alot of things now its just sitting there. Not my go to bag anymore. i got deersking in purple hehe

missmoimoi

Dec 5, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I have played with the blue polochon cannage and it did not strike me as "especially" heavy - it's normal imo for this type of top handle doctor type satchel. My dream is to have the smooth deerskin version but I think it's discontinued? By the way, is the Granville Polochon and the entire Granville collection discontinued? It's no longer listed on the website :sad:

Are all the existing polochon cannage bags lambskin?

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Toronto
I have played with the blue polochon cannage and it did not strike me as "especially" heavy - it's normal imo for this type of top handle doctor type satchel. My dream is to have the smooth deerskin version but I think it's discontinued? By the way, is the Granville Polochon and the entire Granville collection discontinued? It's no longer listed on the website :sad:

Are all the existing polochon cannage bags lambskin?
I don't think that it has been completely discontinued yet. They just revised the original Granville bag with a contrasting lambskin interior and metal handles. Not being on the website does not necessarily mean that the bag is discontinued.