Dior Pearl Necklace- YES or NO?

n335hap

O.G.
Sep 14, 2012
What do you guys think about this neckpiece? its 3 rows of intertwined pearls with each pearl in a gold base.

So its around $1600 ... wondering if this looks worth it or put that money towards something more substantial (aka bag, other fashion accessories). Friends say this doesn't really show its value..

... i think its quite stunning and since i love accessories... good reason to buy.

Would love to get your opinions! Yes/ No?

Attachments

• MiseEnDior.JPG
    MiseEnDior.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,320
What do you guys think about this neckpiece? its 3 rows of intertwined pearls with each pearl in a gold base.

So its around $1600 ... wondering if this looks worth it or put that money towards something more substantial (aka bag, other fashion accessories). Friends say this doesn't really show its value..

... i think its quite stunning and since i love accessories... good reason to buy.

Would love to get your opinions! Yes/ No?
I saw this last week and it is very beautiful!!! 1600 is a lot of money....I prefer to put the money toward VCA but if money is not an issue go for it! X

If it's something your gonna wear all the time then get it! If not I would save your money for something else. Go to the boutique and try it on and if it makes your heart sing then get it. :smile: but it would look great with a little black dress.

I love the mise collections. I have earings. But the price of the necklaces are too high. For those sums I would get a real pearl necklace. If you want something from the mise collection you could get earings or a bracelet that are less expensive.

It is a stunning necklace!

I know that, as Nahreen said, you can actually get real pearls with the money that you would put towards this, but I guess you won't be able to get such a fabulous design with real pearls at this price.

And the prices for luxury items are always much higher than their materials are worth anyway.

If you will wear a necklace like this quite regularly, then go for it!

Thanks for all your advice! :love: :wale: :peace:
I will definitely wear it since i love accessorising every outfit.
But will go into the store and try it on first, see how it looks. On the black mannequin it stands out beautifully, hopefully will look like that in person. Put up a modelling shot when I get the chance to go down to the Dior store!
ps- my amaaaazing SA is holding the piece for me :rolleyes:

I am sure it will be an amazing piece of costume jewellery. Designer costume jewellery are just as costly as real jewellery but as Joe said you get gorgeous designs. I personally crawe for a Mise bracelet.

Thanks for all your advice! :love: :wale: :peace:
I will definitely wear it since i love accessorising every outfit.
But will go into the store and try it on first, see how it looks. On the black mannequin it stands out beautifully, hopefully will look like that in person. Put up a modelling shot when I get the chance to go down to the Dior store!
ps- my amaaaazing SA is holding the piece for me :rolleyes:

It looks best on the simplest of outfits, like a plain black sweater or turtleneck. It also looks stunning against navy colours and red. But remember to keep the outfit simple because the necklace is quite extravagant.

It looks best on the simplest of outfits, like a plain black sweater or turtleneck. It also looks stunning against navy colours and red. But remember to keep the outfit simple because the necklace is quite extravagant.

Agreee! :smile: The only thing is that its too hot where i live for sweaters or turtlenecks, so will always be against my skin vs. a dark colour.. hence better i go try it on in the store. Else, agree with your point about extravagant ;)

I've tried this on in stores before and thought it was too chunky. When things look too chunky, they definitely look TOO costume jewelry-like, which then makes me think if I really want to spend THAT much to achieve a look that I could possibly get at Anthropologie or J.Crew. So this was a no-no for me. I did, however, picked up the bracelet in this collection. It is very beautiful and elegant. Everyone who has seen me wear have asked where and thinks the pearls are real. I would recommend that.

The Mise en Dior 3 Strand necklace is a classic Dior piece and really is a work of art. This piece is impeccably well made and has a nice weight to it. I love the discrete CD engraving on the clasp and looks amazing with your hair up.

This is a very stylish necklace & pearls are a girls best friend.

If the piece looks well on you & is functional in your life style & you can do it,
I would buy it.

Not only will it look good now, but in the summer with a white shirt.. it should look great