Dior Patent - Wear & Tear Question

Luv iz Louis

Jul 22, 2012
Hi TPFers -
I am thinking of purchasing my first Lady Dior and maybe the Promenade in time to come, and I am just wondering how Patent Leather holds up over time? I live in tropical climate. I have had Louis Vuitton Vernis before without much drama but with the Promenade in particuluar I wonder how it holds up with the way it has a flap that lifts to open.
Lady Dior - best in Patent or Lambskin? I am leaning towards Lambskin as the moment........
Thank you in advance xxx

Hi TPFers -
I am thinking of purchasing my first Lady Dior and maybe the Promenade in time to come, and I am just wondering how Patent Leather holds up over time? I live in tropical climate. I have had Louis Vuitton Vernis before without much drama but with the Promenade in particuluar I wonder how it holds up with the way it has a flap that lifts to open.
Lady Dior - best in Patent or Lambskin? I am leaning towards Lambskin as the moment........
Thank you in advance xxx
The patent holds up as well as any other brand. But just like LV and other brands, lighter colours of patent tend to yellow overtime due to humidity and UV light exposure. As long as you store the bag in a cool, dark, dry place (i.e. a closed cool closet with silica gel packets), then your bag will be fine.

I personally prefer the lambskin. I love the look of the lambskin, and it can be refurbished over time.

The patent holds up as well as any other brand. But just like LV and other brands, lighter colours of patent tend to yellow overtime due to humidity and UV light exposure. As long as you store the bag in a cool, dark, dry place (i.e. a closed cool closet with silica gel packets), then your bag will be fine.

I personally prefer the lambskin. I love the look of the lambskin, and it can be refurbished over time.

Thank you, I am thinking of Black Patent, sorry - should have said xx

Reactions: averagejoe
I still prefer the lambskin, because it looks nicer in my opinion, and the patent version has an opening that will look a bit wrinkled over time with lots of use.
Thank you, that is exactly the answer I was looking for - that makes sense - 100% - thank you again xxx
(PS Lamb it will be when I find the perfect one that catches my eye).

I was considering a patent promenade as my next bag as well! I'm not completely sure of color, but I was considering a deep pink or nude, but now I'm not so sure on the choice of patent leather.