Dior patent and rainy weather?

Black_Swarmer

Dior Dragon
O.G.
Dec 29, 2007
Copenhagen, Denmark
Have been looking for a more 'weather-proof' bag than the regular leather ones I have already - I love leather bags and generally feel that nylon/fabric bags are somewhat overpriced so I would much rather get a patent leather.

But do they tolerate rainy weather or are they just as delicate as the regular leather bags when it comes to it?

I do have my eyes set on a particular patent bag and I would so love to be able to get it, just don't want to ruin it by thinking I'll be able to wear it this winter!

Help, please :shrugs:

eminere™

Au Masculin
Jan 9, 2008
Australia
eminere.blogspot.com
I understand your dilemma but leather isn't designed to be waterproof, let alone "weather" proof, no matter the skin or finish. Personally I think patent leather would be less prone to showing up water markings than matte lambskin, but you really ought not to be using any kind of leather goods in the rain.

And I suspect this is the advice you'll also get if you were to ask any boutique. ;)

Black_Swarmer

Dior Dragon
O.G.
Dec 29, 2007
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thank you, Eminere, thought so too - it will probably dry out and crack :sad:

Guess autumn/winter (which apparantly starts next week ...) is Mulberry weather, I'll give them another 3 layer coat of Collonil and then they should be as ready as they can be.

Darn this Danish unstable weather, getting tired of having to carry plastic bags with me to put my bag in if it starts pouring - global warming, where are you :P