Dior Panarea shopping Bag: your review

I just bought the Panarea in the old version 3 weeks ago at the Dior Boutique in Vegas. They had the new version as well but I liked the older one for several reasons & all personal preferences anyways:

1- like the silver charm over the rubber
2- chose the smaller size, whereas the new version only has one size and is quiet large for me
3- the old one is quilted and puffy, the new one is flat

However the old version does wrinkle at the bottom corners a little bit whereas the new one doesn't. It's not something that bothers me though.

Overall I'm very happy with it & I do find it versatile & easy to wear. I do wear it over the shoulder & I find it comfortable. I don't feel like I have to be overly cautious while wearing it, easy to take care of. In fact the first week I was sitting at a table in a restaurant and someone spilt their beer on one side of the bag and some even dripped inside...normally this would've been a disaster but you couldn't even tell that this ever happened. It also has these little silver "legs" at the bottom so when you put it on the ground the bottom is not touching which I like.

I'm just learning about the panarea for the first time and I'm loving the old style for the reasons you just listed (the silver charms, the puffier quilting).

I have a few questions if you don't mind.

What sizes and colors were the old style available in? And was the price of the old style the same as the new?

We don't have a dior near me so I would have to order sight unseen if I get one. Thanks for the info!

I'm just learning about the panarea for the first time and I'm loving the old style for the reasons you just listed (the silver charms, the puffier quilting).

What sizes and colors were the old style available in? And was the price of the old style the same as the new?

We don't have a dior near me so I would have to order sight unseen if I get one. Thanks for the info!

The old style came in three sizes: Small, medium, and large. It costs slightly less than the new one. It came in a lot of different colours over the years, and some boutiques will still have these colours in stock.

I went to the store today quite determined to get a bag but came back with empty hands..New Panarea's dior charms is just something I can't deal with.I would say the canvas used is a lot better even though it doesn't look as beautiful. They old the old version in beige and brown colour so I had to pass that one as well :sad:

As Averagejoe mentioned, they come in the 3 sizes, I got the small which to me is a medium-sized bag, not so small! The price was $1200 plus taxes. I think the new version costs a little more but nothing to make a difference in your choice. The store I got it from did still have some colors available, they had light pink, blue & green I believe. Since I was only looking for black I didn't really even consider the other ones.

Also another quick note on the Panarea, it really is more of a casual/everyday bag.

Hope this helps 😀

As Averagejoe mentioned, they come in the 3 sizes, I got the small which to me is a medium-sized bag, not so small! The price was $1200 plus taxes. I think the new version costs a little more but nothing to make a difference in your choice. The store I got it from did still have some colors available, they had light pink, blue & green I believe. Since I was only looking for black I didn't really even consider the other ones.

Also another quick note on the Panarea, it really is more of a casual/everyday bag.

Hope this helps 😀

Thanks! That is a great help!

The SA I spoke to has a metallic lavender which looks very pretty. I would be buying it sight unseen.

Does anyone have any experience with the metallic finish? How is the durability of the bag and will the metallic affect durability?

I've got the black older version with silver charms. I love it. It's the perfect work bag. Like another tpf'r mentioned earlier it has scrunched a bit in the corners, but still looks great. I usually go for leather, but specifically chose this bag for its coated canvas in case of rain etc.

Thanks! That is a great help!

The SA I spoke to has a metallic lavender which looks very pretty. I would be buying it sight unseen.

Does anyone have any experience with the metallic finish? How is the durability of the bag and will the metallic affect durability?
I've seen the metallic lavendar and I loved it. LOVED IT. It's absolutely beautiful. And I've had a metallic canvas Panarea in silver (and sold it, which I still regret to this day - sigh), and it was amazing - held up just fine.

One thing that my SA was honest about, though (and I was so bummed because I was thisclose to getting it) --- with the lavendar, you need to be careful about color transfer, since it is a lighter color. That might be something to consider. Other than that, it's simply gorgeous.

I've seen the metallic lavendar and I loved it. LOVED IT. It's absolutely beautiful. And I've had a metallic canvas Panarea in silver (and sold it, which I still regret to this day - sigh), and it was amazing - held up just fine.

One thing that my SA was honest about, though (and I was so bummed because I was thisclose to getting it) --- with the lavendar, you need to be careful about color transfer, since it is a lighter color. That might be something to consider. Other than that, it's simply gorgeous.

Thanks so much! I went ahead and bought it! Here are some pics the SA shared with me, she is shipping it (tax free for me woohoo) so I bought it without seeing it in person. I can't wait to get it!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400154149.442705.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1400154162.678691.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1400154171.025961.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1400154179.806492.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1400154188.645703.jpg

Thanks so much! I went ahead and bought it! Here are some pics the SA shared with me, she is shipping it (tax free for me woohoo) so I bought it without seeing it in person. I can't wait to get it!

View attachment 2617245View attachment 2617246View attachment 2617247View attachment 2617248View attachment 2617249

Oh, yes! That's the one! CONGRATS! :biggrin: I'm so glad you bought it. (And now you're making me want it again -lol). PLEASE do a reveal once it arrives -- I don't think anyone has revealed that beautiful color before! (And it's a surprising neutral - goes with grays, black, white, tan, navy, even certain shades of green)....Yay! I'm happy for you!! :smile:

Oh, yes! That's the one! CONGRATS! :biggrin: I'm so glad you bought it. (And now you're making me want it again -lol). PLEASE do a reveal once it arrives -- I don't think anyone has revealed that beautiful color before! (And it's a surprising neutral - goes with grays, black, white, tan, navy, even certain shades of green)....Yay! I'm happy for you!! :smile:

Yes I thought it would be a great neutral!!!

This is actually my first dior! I own many LV's and a couple Chanel's, and I must say the dior SA was one of the nicest I have ever talked with!

I initially had my eye on the Miss Dior line but when I discovered that this tote was redesigned and the classic style would not be made anymore, I had to jump on it!

I'll probably still pick up a Miss Dior pouch in the near future ;)

Yes I thought it would be a great neutral!!!

This is actually my first dior! I own many LV's and a couple Chanel's, and I must say the dior SA was one of the nicest I have ever talked with!

I initially had my eye on the Miss Dior line but when I discovered that this tote was redesigned and the classic style would not be made anymore, I had to jump on it!

I'll probably still pick up a Miss Dior pouch in the near future ;)
Congrats on your first Dior!!! It is ADDICTIVE. And I have to say that I'm not surprised by the experience you had with your SA. Dior is known for customer service and I was pretty honest/complimentary to my Dior SA when I bought my emerald Panarea...for me, part of the excitement of picking out such a bag from such a beautiful store is the actual experience itself....and if it's not good, or if you're rushed or if you feel like the SA couldn't care less what you buy, then I walk out without purchasing a thing. I love SAs who are knowledgeable about the product, chat with you about the new designer (Raf Simons), give you history on the brand, etc, etc. Frankly, it SHOULD be like that wherever you go, but especially at such a high-end boutique. I've bought Chanel, too, and have been generally turned off by the experience (with the exception of one happy experience).

I want a new pouchette, too! There are so many colors..............and patent or lambskin?!!! So many decisions!!! :smile: :smile:

When is your Panarea due to arrive?

Congrats on your first Dior!!! It is ADDICTIVE. And I have to say that I'm not surprised by the experience you had with your SA. Dior is known for customer service and I was pretty honest/complimentary to my Dior SA when I bought my emerald Panarea...for me, part of the excitement of picking out such a bag from such a beautiful store is the actual experience itself....and if it's not good, or if you're rushed or if you feel like the SA couldn't care less what you buy, then I walk out without purchasing a thing. I love SAs who are knowledgeable about the product, chat with you about the new designer (Raf Simons), give you history on the brand, etc, etc. Frankly, it SHOULD be like that wherever you go, but especially at such a high-end boutique. I've bought Chanel, too, and have been generally turned off by the experience (with the exception of one happy experience).

I want a new pouchette, too! There are so many colors..............and patent or lambskin?!!! So many decisions!!! :smile: :smile:

When is your Panarea due to arrive?

I agree! I bought my first chanel in Paris and it was a zoo in there and felt very rushed. The chanel in Chicago is better but the SAs can be quite rushed on the phone I find. The LV on michigan ave is also a zoo so I try to do most of my LV shopping online.

I'm just sorry we don't have a dior here in Chicago for me to "browse" but getting tax free is pretty sweet. I would love to see all the colors in person, but thank goodness for smartphones and TPF!

I'm leaning toward the miss dior pochette in lambskin turquoise but the fuchsia is also incredible! I'm drawn to silver hardware lately as I already have a lot of gold hardware bags. I adore that the miss dior has the charms on the chain. I do indeed "j'adore dior!!!!"
T

I love the old panarea tote and have it in a light gray. The only thing I don't like about it is how short the straps are. So I think I can only use it in spring/summer when I don't wear layers of clothing. This is a tote and should have came with slightly longer straps , like the neverfull straps.... They're much more comfortable.

I agree! I bought my first chanel in Paris and it was a zoo in there and felt very rushed. The chanel in Chicago is better but the SAs can be quite rushed on the phone I find. The LV on michigan ave is also a zoo so I try to do most of my LV shopping online.

I'm just sorry we don't have a dior here in Chicago for me to "browse" but getting tax free is pretty sweet. I would love to see all the colors in person, but thank goodness for smartphones and TPF!

I'm leaning toward the miss dior pochette in lambskin turquoise but the fuchsia is also incredible! I'm drawn to silver hardware lately as I already have a lot of gold hardware bags. I adore that the miss dior has the charms on the chain. I do indeed "j'adore dior!!!!"
T

J'adore Dior as well!!! I'll have to check out all the new colors and styles of the pochettes...I was focused on the Panarea last time and was trying to sneak peeks at other things but not ogle everything like a kid in a candy store...(it was very hard).

The fuschia sounds lovely...I definitely have to check out the turquoise, though, as I'm drawn to blues, greens, purples/etc. :smile: :smile:

It's an addiction! Just one more warning. ;)