Dior Oblique...need opinions!

Bornexpat

Jun 25, 2018
So maturely I've become obsessed with Dior's oblique pattern. Possibly just succumbing to seeing it everywhere. I confess I bought the travel kit purely because I'm obsessed with it. I'm planning on looking at the oblique saddle wallet. Am I being crazy? Is this just a fad that will go out of style immediately? I suppose my hesitation is I don't like the older patterns that Dior has done before and I'm worried I may change my mind later on. What do you guys think?

So maturely I've become obsessed with Dior's oblique pattern. Possibly just succumbing to seeing it everywhere. I confess I bought the travel kit purely because I'm obsessed with it. I'm planning on looking at the oblique saddle wallet. Am I being crazy? Is this just a fad that will go out of style immediately? I suppose my hesitation is I don't like the older patterns that Dior has done before and I'm worried I may change my mind later on. What do you guys think?
I think you should get it. It's adorable, and the wallet is such a great iteration of the Saddle. Bringing back the Saddle from the past affirms that this is a Dior icon, and also means that even if it is discontinued in a few years, they will probably bring it back again. It's like the Fendi Baguette which is also having its comeback.

I really like the use of the tapestry Oblique canvas. It gives depth to the logo so it's not just merely printed on. Besides, this tapestry is actually the same as that used on vintage Dior logo bags.

Reactions: MrChris