Dior nylon?

saralexxa

Jun 9, 2020
Does anyone have a lady dior in the nylon fabric? I've stumbled across several online and am wondering how the nylon holds up. I'm looking at the nude nylon (not black) so I'm hesitant. I don't own any nylon bags so I'm wondering about durability/ staining. I love the cannage leather versions but the nylon is starting to grow on me because it makes the bag feel a bit more playful and current. Any advice would be appreciated!

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
Lady Dior bags were made of nylon and also microfiber at one point. The fabric is durable but depending on storage, some owners of the nylon and microfiber bags noticed that a sticky residue developed on the surface of the material. It can be cleaned off, though.

Like any woven material, avoid getting stains on it as the material can absorb liquids.

Hi, I just bought a second hand nylon Lady Dior and I was trying to find more information on the history of it. Most of the internet just tells me about the leather version, but nothing about the nylon version. Does anyone happen to know when they made the bags from and what it sold for at the time?

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
Hi, I just bought a second hand nylon Lady Dior and I was trying to find more information on the history of it. Most of the internet just tells me about the leather version, but nothing about the nylon version. Does anyone happen to know when they made the bags from and what it sold for at the time?
The nylon Lady Dior was made a few times throughout the Lady Dior's history. This included a run close to 2008, when they increased the price point of the Lady Dior to make it an investment piece and focused on leather versions.

Before 2008, designer bags were a LOT cheaper. I believe the nylon Lady Dior was only $1650 at one point (around 2007), although the regular Lady Dior in lambskin and calfskin were only $1950 at the time. Prices have increased a lot since then, including for bags like the Chanel Classic Flap. The mini square flap used to only be $2200 CAD in ~2007.

The nylon Lady Dior was made a few times throughout the Lady Dior's history. This included a run close to 2008, when they increased the price point of the Lady Dior to make it an investment piece and focused on leather versions.

Before 2008, designer bags were a LOT cheaper. I believe the nylon Lady Dior was only $1650 at one point (around 2007), although the regular Lady Dior in lambskin and calfskin were only $1950 at the time. Prices have increased a lot since then, including for bags like the Chanel Classic Flap. The mini square flap used to only be $2200 CAD in ~2007.

Thanks, averagejoe. The place I bought it from said the suggested retail was $1700, and I wasn't sure where they were coming up with that number since I was able to dig up that the nylon versions were discontinued in the early 2000's. That explains it; it was $1700 in 2007-2008 dollars.

averagejoe, do you happen to know when Dior switched the handles on the Lady Dior nylon from the long ones to the short ones that are on the standard Lady Dior? Or did they have those two styles concurrently?

averagejoe, do you happen to know when Dior switched the handles on the Lady Dior nylon from the long ones to the short ones that are on the standard Lady Dior? Or did they have those two styles concurrently?
The long straps only appeared on the microfiber Lady Dior tote bags, the canvas/denim Lady Dior totes, and the Dior Soft line. All of those styles were discontinued by around 2012. Nylon versions of the iconic Lady Dior were discontinued around 2008 or 2009. The last run of it included a bright pink nylon, and I think it was for their 2007 60th anniversary collection with the Samourai bags although I'm not 100% sure.

The long straps only appeared on the microfiber Lady Dior tote bags, the canvas/denim Lady Dior totes, and the Dior Soft line. All of those styles were discontinued by around 2012. Nylon versions of the iconic Lady Dior were discontinued around 2008 or 2009. The last run of it included a bright pink nylon, and I think it was for their 2007 60th anniversary collection with the Samourai bags although I'm not 100% sure.
This is very helpful, thank you. I’m looking at a small Lady and I’m thinking it’s microfiber? It comes with a long strap but the opening is only a flap, is this consistent with the bag’s history? Most of the nylon bags I see have zipper openings..

3445C6D4-8CDA-47F8-A7CA-7D21A3CB295D.jpeg

This is very helpful, thank you. I’m looking at a small Lady and I’m thinking it’s microfiber? It comes with a long strap but the opening is only a flap, is this consistent with the bag’s history? Most of the nylon bags I see have zipper openings..

View attachment 5659247
Yes Dior made several microfiber Lady Dior bags in the late 90s. This is the mini size so it has a flap closure.