DIOR Nail Glow ~ Unimpressed

GillianAnnie

Dec 28, 2012
I can't find a specific thread on this so I'm starting my own.

Yesterday I was at the Dior counter purchasing Tutu, one of the new spring colours (which is gorgeous) and the SA raved about Nail Glow so much I ended up buying that too. She claimed it gave the nails a 'French manicure look' and of course, I was drawn into the sales pitch.

Both my daughter (who has long natural nails) and myself tried it last night and can safely say it does not do anything of the sort. My daughter applied two coats and it gave her nails quite an artificial looking glossy pink colour and I applied one coat which gives quite a pale pink sheen. Despite really willing this to whiten the tips, it made no difference whatsoever. I'm so disappointed.

I would be really interested in what others think of this.

I also looked a the nail glow... nothing anything that I was interested in..

A french manicure is a french manicure.. all these companies that come
up with their own dupes, are just that dupes.. and we the customers
are being duped into thinking it would work..

I would return it to the SA & select something else... they can RTV that right
back to Dior...

I also looked a the nail glow... nothing anything that I was interested in..

A french manicure is a french manicure.. all these companies that come
up with their own dupes, are just that dupes.. and we the customers
are being duped into thinking it would work..

I would return it to the SA & select something else... they can RTV that right
back to Dior...

I agree with you there. I will be returning it. Total rubbish

Are they really pushing people to buy the Nail Glow? When I picked up Rosy Bow today, the SA kept going on about the mirror effect that the Nail Glow will have on my nails. I shrugged it off and said I'll only buy Rosy Bow for now.

Are they really pushing people to buy the Nail Glow? When I picked up Rosy Bow today, the SA kept going on about the mirror effect that the Nail Glow will have on my nails. I shrugged it off and said I'll only buy Rosy Bow for now.

I think they must be. I returned mine today as it really isn't worth the money. I don't think this will be very successful as there was someone else returning theirs at the same time for the same reason!

I looked at Nail Glow, but I couldn't see any difference between it and any other clear pink polish. It's what used to be called "natural" when I was very young. It was the only polish I was allowed to use in my school (all girls -- uniforms, tie shoes...:rolleyes:).

I tried on Nail Glow today. I only had Nailtiques under. I didn't see notice any difference inside but once I got out its pink/light purple. Makes the nail look very healthy. Also, I really like that it was so thin and easy applied. I'm gonna pick up a bottle. I wonder how it will look over white polish. Anyway .. its not something you need since there are hundreds of other natural looking polishes for far less.

I can't find a specific thread on this so I'm starting my own.

Yesterday I was at the Dior counter purchasing Tutu, one of the new spring colours (which is gorgeous) and the SA raved about Nail Glow so much I ended up buying that too. She claimed it gave the nails a 'French manicure look' and of course, I was drawn into the sales pitch.

Both my daughter (who has long natural nails) and myself tried it last night and can safely say it does not do anything of the sort. My daughter applied two coats and it gave her nails quite an artificial looking glossy pink colour and I applied one coat which gives quite a pale pink sheen. Despite really willing this to whiten the tips, it made no difference whatsoever. I'm so disappointed.

I would be really interested in what others think of this.
I'm really disappointed to read that this Nail Glow isn't much good. I used to use Rimmels nail brightener, which gave my nails a lovely look, but of course they discontinued it. I've been searching for a replacement ever since - and I have tried so many! My friend's little girl is the beneficiary of my many attempts, so she's happy. I've settled on Rimmels French Manicure pink, just on it's own but Nail Glow French Manicure was recommended in The Guardian last Saturday. I can't tell you how disappointed I am! But I am very glad to have found this forum as I would've gone & bought it, so thanks for that everyone, I appreciate it.

Oh no, it was a total product fail? I was really hoping to purchase one because the concept of no fuss French manicure appeals to me :sad:
I haven't been able to find one to try yet, I'm in Canada and was told a Mid March release

I scored it as a gift a couple of weeks ago & really didn't like it... went past a Dior counter yesterday & like others was being pushed into buying it despite telling the SA that I already had a bottle. Weird!

I scored it as a gift a couple of weeks ago & really didn't like it... went past a Dior counter yesterday & like others was being pushed into buying it despite telling the SA that I already had a bottle. Weird!

They just cannot move that product! I still don't understand the lure of Chanel Eastern Light either. Unless some is using magnifying glasses it looks just like any white nail polish. And white nails (along with white lipstick) is something that looks too "Snooky" for my taste.