Dior lovers - Show us your non-Dior purchases!

When I got my panaera tote last year I was actually debating getting a speedy bandouliere but decided that the call of the cannage was too great....!

This year however has been my most vuitton filled year it seems and deciding i need a great bag that can also be my weekender i decided to take the plunge with the original speedy 40 in classic monogram!! :smile:))

Now i am officially on a BAN until next summer....!!!

nice choice and big congrats on your purchase!!:biggrin:

recently i got myself a gucci croc which i think should be in their florence museum,will post here soon!!!

took some quick pics before rushing to school,hope you don't mind!

unlike other hobos,it's a very special gucci structured croc bag with lapis.

Attachments

• DSC04059.JPG
    DSC04059.JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 566
  • DSC04060.JPG
    DSC04060.JPG
    295.8 KB · Views: 575
  • DSC04071.JPG
    DSC04071.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 561
  • DSC04074.JPG
    DSC04074.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 580
  • DSC04076.JPG
    DSC04076.JPG
    278.7 KB · Views: 580
eminere™;22566424 said:
Wow what a unique looking bag... Is it vintage? If so it's in amazing condition!

thanks emi!!! how are you doing recently? i has missed here so much! :hugs:

yes,it's vintage and over 40 years young!! i know it's not current design but didn't know she is double my age!! what amazed me the most is she is in great condition and the croc leather shines like new !!

papertiger was kind enough to tell me a lot of her infos, such like "Gucci made these semi-precious stone and thickly gold plated bags for only a couple of years before more International commercial expansion plans and the increasing casualness of fashion took over (as you know Gucci became the byword for 70s laid-back luxe, with hobos and shoulder styles, the Britt, first designed in 1973 and popularised by Britt Ekland in the Man with the Goldern Gun (James Bond) using her own Gucci bag meant these PROPER handbags fell from favour (so much so Hermes was deserted). You can be sure the red Gucci was handmade from beginning to end in Florence, when Florence and not Paris was fine shoe and handbag heaven.....etc "

thanks emi!!! how are you doing recently? i has missed here so much! :hugs:

yes,it's vintage and over 40 years young!! i know it's not current design but didn't know she is double my age!! what amazed me the most is she is in great condition and the croc leather shines like new !!

papertiger was kind enough to tell me a lot of her infos, such like "Gucci made these semi-precious stone and thickly gold plated bags for only a couple of years before more International commercial expansion plans and the increasing casualness of fashion took over (as you know Gucci became the byword for 70s laid-back luxe, with hobos and shoulder styles, the Britt, first designed in 1973 and popularised by Britt Ekland in the Man with the Goldern Gun (James Bond) using her own Gucci bag meant these PROPER handbags fell from favour (so much so Hermes was deserted). You can be sure the red Gucci was handmade from beginning to end in Florence, when Florence and not Paris was fine shoe and handbag heaven.....etc "
What a beautiful story and heritage to go with the bag. :heart:

A beautiful bag Kelly. Can't believe it's 40.
thanks cc interlock!
yeah,i was surprised as well!

Beautiful bag, Kelly! Congrats!

I envy your ability to get hold of all these bag-gems - fortunately you provide us with beautiful pictures of them :biggrin:

black swarmer,thanks!!!!
haha~ actually this bag is totally out of my expectation as i planned to buy a celine bag,not this one :P