Dior Lambskin Owners- How delicate is it?

Jun 11, 2009
hi all- i saw a dior bag that i really like but it's made out of lambskin. can dior lambskin owners chime in and let me know how your lambskin bags wear? are they less delicate/fragile than you thought? anyone use their lambskin bag often or only save it for special occasions? is dior lambskin more durable than other brands' lambskin bags? also, do the quilted puffy cannage parts deflate over time? thanks!

Last edited:
Hi CC! I have had no problems with my lambskin Diors. I have an early 90s Lady Dior in black and I really haven't noticed any loss of puffiness (like I see in my vintage jumbo XL Chanel). I have not noticed that is more or less durable than other lambskin bags, but I try to take care of my toys (like I am sure you do as well). I prob use my Lady Dior once every other week. Hope this helps! I am sure others will chime in shortly.

I have a few lambskin bags and have had no problems so far! Two of them are very new and haven't been used that much, but my cannage drawstring I got off *bay, used slightly by the previous owner, I have used a lot! When I got it I was very worried about scratches, but it really has proven to be less delicate than I thought :biggrin: No scratches as such, and no loss of puffiness in the cannage pattern!

I have also gotten a cannage patterned wallet in lambskin that I'm starting to use today! I'm curious to see if how that one holds up - again since it looks and feels so delicate ...

Reactions: pugprincess
my lambskin pink LD is in pretty good condition. I think just with any other bag as long as u take some sort of care for it, it will last you a lifetime :smile:

And there hasn't been any loss of puffiness either!

same here, My Lady Dior & Granville are in lambskin, just watch out for water (if it's raining or snowing outside then I use a plastic bag to cover it ) I also bought the leather care duo thing from Coach store, 1 bottle is leather cleanning lotion another is a moisturizing lotion which I try to apply on my bags once a month to keep it shinny and moisturize. even tho the lambskin feels soft but it's durable of course you don't try to rub against the wall or use it as a pillow to sit on, just normal uses it should last you a long time

Dior lambskin is quite durable compare to my Chanel lambskin bags. I have been carrying my new Lady Dior daily to work and did not see any problem. On my way home today, the bag flew off the passenger seat and landed on the floor because the car in front of me stopped suddently. I was so worry and inspected it carefully as soon as I got home and pleasantly surprised that I did not see even one scratch.

I have a lambskin Cannage drawstring tote and it's fine. I don't take any special care of it and it's wearing well. It's a soft lavender colour and there are no marks or scratches.

Wow I must be exceptionally unlucky with my lambskin. :wondering I have a white lambskin Soft Lady Dior Hobo, which after wearing one time for 3 hours managed to get pretty badly scuffed up. It was carried against a black wool dvf dress, and everywhere the dress came in contact with the bag, was scuffed/black. Needless to say, I was not happy.

I brought the bag to Dior for refurbishment, and it returned scuff free, and completely white again. However, the softness of the lambskin was gone, and the quilting was deflated. For the treatment, it seemed like they sprayed some sort of white vinyl-like protection. In hindsight, I probably would have tried LMB first, to see if they could clean/restore the lambskin without it losing it's wonderful qualities (softness & puffiness).

On a positive note, the bag has held up incredibly well since the treatment. It's accompanied me on my travels, stuck to me in 95 degree heat, impervious to sweat and sunscreen. It's pretty much waterproof, and can take any abuse I inadvertently dish out. The coating is beginning to show a little wear/cracks, and I'll probably send it in again soon. I do love my bag, and don't regret the purchase.

Good luck with your purchase, hopefully my experience is only an anomaly.

There is no question that lambskin of any brand is a delicate leather that must be carefully looked after. Dior lambskin is no exception, and particularly where the lambskin is white or of a light colour.

I find that the lambskin on Lady Dior bags that are not patent are somewhat more susceptible to showing wear and tear more clearly than the aged lambskin used for some of the bags in the Cannage collection.

My lambskin Dior wristlet/wallet looks so horrible after less than a year of owning/using it. It's black and on certain areas of the wristlet are so worn that the black is worn out. I sent it to Dior to get it fixed and 4 months later, 4 different Dior boutiques in 4 different countries and the wallet/wristlet came back "repaired" - they just coloured over the worn areas (and even missed a section). I'm really not happy about it. So beware of the lambskin!!

eminere™;17141614 said:
Errr, wouldn't this question be better answered in the Gucci forum??

This goes for Dior and any other white leather goods in general.

Anything White + Denim = Transferring/Rubbing of color... No Matter What.

There's really nothing you can do. Leather cleaner or conditions will help it look less visible but wont take out the color

My best advice for you, do not use a white(Light color) hand bad with Denim Jeans. Even if you're "careful," something also happens.

This goes for Dior and any other white leather goods in general.

Anything White + Denim = Transferring/Rubbing of color... No Matter What.

There's really nothing you can do. Leather cleaner or conditions will help it look less visible but wont take out the color

My best advice for you, do not use a white(Light color) hand bad with Denim Jeans. Even if you're "careful," something also happens.
I wouldn't speak on behalf of Gucci but that is the advice I would give for Dior.