Dior lambskin leather creasing

nanads

Feb 19, 2014
Dear ladies and gents of TPF, I just got my new to me lady dior (thanks to AverageJoe for authenticating :smile:)
It’s the navy blue my lady dior with gold hardware (i think it’s from cruise 2017, not too sure though)

I just have one problem. I found that the leather of the strap is creasing/wrinkling, especially if I hold the strap straight, i gets better when I bent it. I’m quite okay with this since I got the bag with very good price :smile: but is there any way I could make it better? Any methods or products that would fix the crease a bit?
Thank you so much, any input would be appreciated :smile:

76BF7F8B-A8FB-46FE-924E-BDC4427322D7.jpeg B1F03117-6C4D-4A64-9C34-3EDCFB511DC2.jpeg 270859CF-6D90-4694-A3CD-CC16D2CA1221.jpeg

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Congratulations!

Unfortunately this creasing is very difficult to reduce. It's because the strap has been curled, so the leather has stretched on the outer side of the strap. This stretching means that when the strap is straightened again, the stretched leather cannot rebound back to its original shape because it is now looser. It's similar to wrinkles on the knees and elbows from the extra skin that folds there when the arms straighten out.

Even if you somehow flattened it, the creases will reappear when the strap is used again due to how the strap curls around the shoulder. But to prevent more wrinkles, consider storing the strap completely flat, or not rolling it up (which over-curls it), when the strap is not in use.

Reactions: nanads and skyqueen

nanads

Feb 19, 2014
Congratulations!

Unfortunately this creasing is very difficult to reduce. It's because the strap has been curled, so the leather has stretched on the outer side of the strap. This stretching means that when the strap is straightened again, the stretched leather cannot rebound back to its original shape because it is now looser. It's similar to wrinkles on the knees and elbows from the extra skin that folds there when the arms straighten out.

Even if you somehow flattened it, the creases will reappear when the strap is used again due to how the strap curls around the shoulder. But to prevent more wrinkles, consider storing the strap completely flat, or not rolling it up (which over-curls it), when the strap is not in use.

I see, that’s unfortunate. But it’s okay :smile: I still love the bag and its condition. Once again, thank you so much AverageJoe. Really appreciate it :smile:

Reactions: averagejoe