Dior in the Wild - sightings

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Do you see Dior in your neighborhood?

Where I live in Northern California, aside from my own, I've only seen Diors being carried two times...1 large lady Dior and 1Panarea. I always do a double take when I see a Dior.:smile:

On a recent trip to Vancouver, I sighted many in the wild! I wish I'd taken pictures. I saw no less than 5 mini lady Diors (plus my own), 2 dioramas, and 1 medium lady Dior. It was a delight! I can say definitively that the mini is my favorite bag amongst all brands and it looks like they are quite popular in that fair city! :cool: Interestingly, I saw only 1 Chanel bag.

How about you? Any sightings?

2. I live in Toronto and I've been seeing the Lady Dior every once in a while, including yesterday. I was on a run last night and I passed a lady with a stunning white patent Lady Dior which sparkled like crazy thanks to the street lights against the dark of the night. Breathtaking!

I see a lot more Chanel and Louis Vuitton than the Lady Dior, which is good. I like it to stay that way. Keeps Dior more exclusive.

3. I see more LDs than any other Dior bags here in London, however LV are the most, Celine and Chanel

4. I live in a small city so I don't see many luxury handbags where I live but I was thinking I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing a Dior bag outside of a Dior boutique...I agree with Joe...I prefer they be few and far between....My daughter and I see so many LV bags while traveling and get so sick of seeing the same bags over & over!!!

5. South Florida here, I've only seen Dior bags on others once or twice. It doesn't seem to be popular here. LV, Chanel and Hermes have many more fans.

6. Where I live Chanel classic flaps, Chanel boy bags and lady diors are very very common. But I think most of them are fake which is a shame and makes me very angry! We even have a shop selling fake replicas of designer bags openly. Which is such a shame.

7. I'll see them once every two or three months or so as I work in the retail industry so we have lots of clients come through our shops and I'm lucky to encounter an array of Dior bags... Mostly Lady Diors, but i have seen some beautiful tri color Diorissimos, a Classic Dior Soft, and most recently the Diorama (on a client who had bit the large wallet, the medium bag, and some stellar Technologic sunglasses... It might have given me the final push to purchase my own Diorama haha)

8. I live in NYC so I see A LOT of handbags but I still see more Birkins than Diors which is funny to me since Hermes Birkins are known for "exclusivity" and are so hard to get. Doesn't seem like it though. I very rarely see Dior. But when I do...my heart skips a beat :heart:

9. That pretty much sums up my exact feelings when I see a Dior.

10. I have two Hermes bags, but you would have to be very familiar with Hermes to know that they are Hermes; my reversible tote (the Double Sens) has a tiny mark including 'Hermes', and the Victoria II has no mark at all.

I'm not a fan of in your face branding, and I don't like the Kelly/Birkin designs because they are so fussy :nogood:; in central London I see a lot more of them around than Dior bags.

There are also a lot of bags from other designers which look similar to K/B; they are not direct copies, but they are certainly hoping that at a quick glance they can be mistaken for them.

I :love: my Hermes for the quality of the leather and craftsmanship, I have acquired the Dior flat pouch and the Voyageur wallet for the same qualities, and I shall be buying more Dior because the quality reaches up to :cloud9:

Life is too short to waste it on buying bags because they are famous :shrugs:

11. I feel the same way as you! I have a Victoria II tote! Truly a gorgeous bag. And yes in my experience...Dior quality is definitely up to par with Hermes. Truly amazing. I think Loewe is up there too.

Sorry for being off topic!! Lol

12. In my neighborhood, I see a LOT of Chanel & Hermes but I have never once seen a Dior bag on a person in real life. Not even my friends or acquaintances have one.

I have been to a lot of dinner events/galas/benefits but not once have I seen a lady holding a Dior bag/clutch of any kind. Which seems really weird as Dior bags are very much in line with these events.

13. I rarely see any dior. I have probably seen two LD in my city ever. Chanel flap is everywhere. That said, there is a Chanel boutique but no Dior so that probably explains it!

14. I live in South Florida and have seen a few around. Saw a diorama at the theater a few weeks ago and another one at the mall today.

15. Fuschia patent pochette at Santana Row this afternoon. Tried to take a picture but she was walking too quickly..too bad.