Dior Granville advice

michi_chi

O.G.
Feb 2, 2008
Visited Bicester Village yesterday with my brother and sister-in-law and one of the brands my sister-in-law and I both love is Dior, so naturally we were going in to have a look. They had a lot of Dior Bars and Soft bags on display as well as a few Granvilles and Diorissimo accessories. I'd been after a Granville for ages so asked about what they had available. The SA was very helpful even though he was constantly hounded by new customers and were already serving 3 of us, but he was happy to go to the store room to find available stock in all 3 sizes for me and I decided to go with this small pink one.

It's brand new and there were no creases on the leather at all (they had a medium off white/cream one on display, but we noticed the underside of the handles were quite scratched and the white colour has come off it) but I realised when I took it out at the hotel, the SA behind the payment counter must have put it with one handle down so the front piece now automatically folds down where the leather is now creased. I've put the stiff paper bag in front of the bag to help keep its shape, but is there any way of stopping the leather from folding over/to straighten it? I know folding it down to carry it as a messenger bag is one of the options, but i worry about scratching the leather and colour as I wear jeans almost every day and I'd prefer to carry it on the handle. Thanks

Visited Bicester Village yesterday with my brother and sister-in-law and one of the brands my sister-in-law and I both love is Dior, so naturally we were going in to have a look. They had a lot of Dior Bars and Soft bags on display as well as a few Granvilles and Diorissimo accessories. I'd been after a Granville for ages so asked about what they had available. The SA was very helpful even though he was constantly hounded by new customers and were already serving 3 of us, but he was happy to go to the store room to find available stock in all 3 sizes for me and I decided to go with this small pink one.

It's brand new and there were no creases on the leather at all (they had a medium off white/cream one on display, but we noticed the underside of the handles were quite scratched and the white colour has come off it) but I realised when I took it out at the hotel, the SA behind the payment counter must have put it with one handle down so the front piece now automatically folds down where the leather is now creased. I've put the stiff paper bag in front of the bag to help keep its shape, but is there any way of stopping the leather from folding over/to straighten it? I know folding it down to carry it as a messenger bag is one of the options, but i worry about scratching the leather and colour as I wear jeans almost every day and I'd prefer to carry it on the handle. Thanks
If you store it with the handles up and use the bag with the handles up all the time, then the front won't fold down as easily.

It is designed to do that, though, and the weight of the handles and the charms can cause the panel to fold over easily. I guess set the bag down on its back when you want to put it down somewhere.

I personally think you should use the bag both ways, and let the front drop down when you use the shoulder strap. As the leather softens, the creases look less noticeable. I've seen some used ones on Ebay and the front doesn't look very creased at all even though the bag is worn with the front dropped down.

Reactions: michi_chi
If you store it with the handles up and use the bag with the handles up all the time, then the front won't fold down as easily.

It is designed to do that, though, and the weight of the handles and the charms can cause the panel to fold over easily. I guess set the bag down on its back when you want to put it down somewhere.

I personally think you should use the bag both ways, and let the front drop down when you use the shoulder strap. As the leather softens, the creases look less noticeable. I've seen some used ones on Ebay and the front doesn't look very creased at all even though the bag is worn with the front dropped down.

Thanks, i thought that might be the case with the design of the bag that the handles and the charm may with down the front of the flap but the back one is still stiff so it looks a little uneven.

I do like the flexibility of Dior's bag designs, how all their bags are designed to be worn multiple ways and still look good. My sister-in-law and I keep raving about how much better Dior's designs and customer service are worldwide compared to other brands. I wasn't too sure I liked the look of the bag in its full length when it first came out, but I loved seeing it carried on the strap as a messenger bag. Now that I've got the small size, I think the proportions are just right for me if carried by the handles.

I will make use of the shoulder strap as well as carrying it by its handles :smile: thanks @averagejoe

Reactions: averagejoe