Dior Gaucho, too trendy?

i<3handbags

Coach Obsessed ...
O.G.
Aug 22, 2007
I have really wanted a Gaucho for quite some time, but I have been thinking lately that it might not be very timeless. I am a casual dresser, so I know for sure it would get a lot of wear. I have just been wondering if I should reconsider trying to keep my eye out for a good deal on one.

I thought it was kind of trendy for me it just didn't appeal to me and I used to be a big fan of Dior. Honestly, if you feel its too trendy than it might be. Years ago I got the Dior Charms boston print bag thinking it might be classic and timeless and ended up just being a trend I never carried it and ended up giving it to my sis. So thats when I learned that I will never buy anything logo or trendy bc I learned my lesson from that bag and from the Gucci GG print hobo I ended up giving that away that trendy and logo bags esp. for me do not stand the test of time.

But everyone has diff. taste so if you love it def. go for it. I haven't seen any good deals around maybe if you check out the outlets in Palm Springs they might. I found this mini Gaucho shoulder at eluxury for $1,350.00

Attachments

• p11263332_ph_althero_Black.jpg
    p11263332_ph_althero_Black.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 59
i think they're trendy, but i still like the style. regardless, if you like it, you should get it. the worst that can happen is that you grow out of it then you can just sell it on ebay.

I've like the gaucho for a while now. They don't look good on me so that is why I don't have one. I don't know if they are too trendy, but they are cute and would be great for casual wear.

I've been looking at the bag for years already. I just can't pull the trigger. The best deal I've seen is 1/2 price at a Saks sale a couple of years ago. That put the medium at $750 at the time.

I think some It bags become iconic-I waited two yrears to buy a Chloe Edith...I think the Gaucho is the same way. It's a great bag, and I've been secretly lusting after one. No matter what, if you like it, that's all that matters.

i think that its a great bag and will probably make a comeback this coming fall - I am foreseeing a cross body vibe with it paired with some clunky western-ish boots, a mini or jeans or even a cute tunic & leggings fit...but def. not for summer but I'm feeling a gaucho for fall. I had a white one but sold it, might get a tan one for fall 08

:smile:

I love the bag and think its really great, if you like it thats what matters, but regardless I still see people carry that bag today even though it may be classified as an "it" bag