Dior gaucho is a limited edition

jilltheory said:
Saks has a promo (called the EGC event)every few months that when you spend a certain amount of money only on that specific day-you get a gift card...for example-1000-1999.00-you get a 100.00 GC in the mail.If you spend over 2000.00 on that day-you get a 300.00 gift card-Its handy for large purchases-I did it for my first Spy bag-You can call the store and ask them when the next event is....

It was last week!

i am getting the tote in the white. i have a lot of brown bags and just ordered a red balenciaga. i think this is going to be my last purchase for a while. i've gone slightly overboard since joining this forum. I also ordered the chanel re-issue in grey the large one on the gift card day. no more bags for a while but I've decide the person who didn't like lv at all now loves lv the most.

NM doesnt have gift card promos...only Saks.....They usually have them every 2 months(the last one was last week)...call your closest Saks and they will tell you.The key is having a good bag sales rep-Mine will hold my bag till the sale-No matter how far away it is!
Though there are times when I think Saks has had the promos a couple weeks apart...it depends on how their sales are -I think....

I will let you all know when the next gift card event is at Saks-
Good luck with your spy bag! I have it in black-great bag-awesome secret handle!!

ps- I didnt get the gift card with my Gaucho bag either--I had to get it -it was the last one around!

Technically, isn't every single line of Dior handbags a limited edition? I don't that that they are ever going to re-produce the hardcore or the floral line, and it's the same with the gaucho because they have new ones every season.

Kat congrats on your spy bag! I have the dark one and looove mine!! I hope you love it to! Post pics when you get it.

Jill, thanks for the info and congrats on your red gaucho!!! post pics please ! I actually have not seen the tote in red! I bet it gorgeous!

Sweetea said:
Kat congrats on your spy bag! I have the dark one and looove mine!! I hope you love it to! Post pics when you get it.

Jill, thanks for the info and congrats on your red gaucho!!! post pics please ! I actually have not seen the tote in red! I bet it gorgeous!

Sweetea,

I was wondering if the white gaucho is very shiny like the picture? Is the leather the same as fendi spys?? I looked at your picture and feel like the leather is sort of plastic-looking. And I heard that it's not really that white. I am so confused now... I'm thinking of getting the gaucho tote in white or red. Thanks!

wellow said:
Sweetea,

I was wondering if the white gaucho is very shiny like the picture? Is the leather the same as fendi spys?? I looked at your picture and feel like the leather is sort of plastic-looking. And I heard that it's not really that white. I am so confused now... I'm thinking of getting the gaucho tote in white or red. Thanks!

Wellow,the leather is not very shiny but it has a natural shade of the shiny a little but not very shiny. The leather is not the same type of Fendy spy bag. Fendy's spy is made from lambskin or napa leather (someone can correct me here if I am wrong) so the spy is more fragile. The gaucho's leather is more durable (they made from calf leather). I love the way the leather feel, it looks very durable yet you can feel the softness of the leather. About the color I wanted to warn you so you won't be shock when you see it the first time. When the first time I saw the bag, the white color wasn't as I expected to be! In fact I was a little disappointed. I told the SA eeew that's like a dirty white or as Daisy called it dingy white:lol: . I wasn't impressed at all but then..after I tried it and looked at, tried it again, and I fell in love. Actually with this natural or off white color like this, I am less worry about my bag getting dirty easily and I found out that I can use this bag with so many of my outfits. This is what I think about the whole bag, the color and the style; this bag is for a casual, and it made to look like an outdoor bag. It is called gaucho and it has a cowboy influence I think. It is different but it is chic and very stylish. At the end it depends how you like the bag looks on you and how much you love the bag? If you love it like I do, you will use this bag often and you feel so good when you carry that bag around. I hope this helps and good luck on your choice of color! :biggrin:

If anyone is looking for the red tote... Saks in Houston has it. Call Laurel at 713-843-5736. She's a total sweetheart too.

438357.jpeg

:love:

jilltheory said:
OK Girls- Saks just called -I got the Gaucho Tote in the reddish brown color-They are shipping it to me today....sight unseen...wish me luck!!!
Jill

Ooooooh ... LUCKY YOU ... you're going to love it!!!

At first, I was leaning towards the Large (the medium is way too small for me - heck, I'd only be able to get my wallet in!). Then, I saw a picture of the tote (the S/A at Dior actually showed me). I decided that the tote was for me! I like the Denim color too ...

Guess What? I do NOT like the burgundy red Gaucho tote.....it was weird looking..The outside color was beautiful and then you open it and the inside was a pukey mauvey purlpish mess!!! And it was pretty small to put things in.Do not buy if you like to carry alot!
SOOOOOOOOOOOo DISAPPOINTED! I sent it back today......on to my next conquest!