Dior gaucho is a limited edition

Kat

Dec 13, 2005
FYI - I was in a Dior store yesterday and was talking to the SA. She was very friendly and was showing me all of her merchandise. She even opened up the closet so I could see all their stuff. She did not have any gaucho bags out except for one very small one in white. She said she had a brown medium and a red large in the back but they were already spoken for. I already got a medium gaucho in red from the Dior store in Manhattan. She made it a point to let me know that only so many of them were made and that it was a limited edition. I know there have been threads about "IT" bags and if certain bags will be out-of-date in the near future. I just wanted to share this info with you guys. Personally, it doesn't make a difference to me if it's a limited edition or not. I really like the bag and that's all that counts. Even if it's not an "IT" bag for long I will be wearing mine for a long, long time! LOVE IT!!!:P

Kat said:
Personally, it doesn't make a difference to me if it's a limited edition or not. I really like the bag and that's all that counts. Even if it's not an "IT" bag for long I will be wearing mine for a long, long time! LOVE IT!!!:P

Ditto!! I have the gaucho white tote and I looooove it! Thanks for the info Kat!:biggrin:

Cristina said:
Even more reason to buy one :lol: There was a white gaucho on display in the Dior store window yesterday :love: Kat, I'm glad you're loving your bag, you must post photos!
Cristina, can you please point me in the right direction as to learning how to resize pics and then posting them? My husband can get them on my computer, but we both can't figure out how to resize them. I tried going on supload.com but I can't really figure it out. Is there anyplace on the web, etc. that I can learn how to do it? I hate to keep bothering Vlad. I've made quite a few purchases lately and I'd like to be able to do it myself. Any suggestions/recommendations you have is greatly appreciated. How did you guys learn how to do it???:huh:

Kat said:
Cristina, can you please point me in the right direction as to learning how to resize pics and then posting them? My husband can get them on my computer, but we both can't figure out how to resize them. I tried going on supload.com but I can't really figure it out. Is there anyplace on the web, etc. that I can learn how to do it? I hate to keep bothering Vlad. I've made quite a few purchases lately and I'd like to be able to do it myself. Any suggestions/recommendations you have is greatly appreciated. How did you guys learn how to do it???:huh:

I'm going to PM you some directions on how to use Supload, it's easy once you get the hang of uploading files :biggrin:

Yes, it is LE but this first batch isn't the only one. This batch is almost sold out but there will be more to follow, despite what the SAs say. I had one of the nice ones tell me that more will be available in 1-2 weeks. Hopefully that's the case for anyone who wants one!

Glad you love your beautiful red one!!

Daisy said:
Yes, it is LE but this first batch isn't the only one. This batch is almost sold out but there will be more to follow, despite what the SAs say. I had one of the nice ones tell me that more will be available in 1-2 weeks. Hopefully that's the case for anyone who wants one!

Glad you love your beautiful red one!!

Yea! hope more will be available-I'm on a wait list!! Gotta have the tote in white!:biggrin:

Jill, that's a very tough question! I've had all three sizes in my posession so I've had time to play with them all and here's my two cents...

The medium is nice but I wish the strap were longer. It's just one big compartment that opens easily which is good. It's not terribly big but okay for a shoulder bag. It does lack that slouchiness that the large has though. The large is so slouchy and squishy and I like the looks of it as long as it is not overstuffed, then it gets kinda weird looking. The worst thing is, it's a terrible design. There are two seperate compartments, both too small and both too hard to get into. I just couldn't justify keeping the bag because of that. What a waste! I LOVE how it looks in the runway pics though! I went with the tote and LOVE it. It's soooo roomy and easy to get into and I love how it looks. For me, it's the tote, no contest.... but not one of your choices! lol

Hey Daisy you mentioned the gaucho is a limited edition...this may be a dumb question but does that means that they will only make a ceratin amount???? And if so, isnt that a good thing to have a handbag that not everyone will have and that will always be in style?

I wonder why they didn't put the limited edition plate inside, I love those plates! :biggrin: I actually found a gaucho I might pick up today. Its the gaucho saddle. I know most gauchos look like saddle bags to begin with, but this one is new. It just came in a few days ago in very limited quantities. It may be coming home with me today if all goes well :biggrin: I just have to justify it in my mind since its the one on the floor and the only one they have.

ilovetoshop said:
Hey Daisy you mentioned the gaucho is a limited edition...this may be a dumb question but does that means that they will only make a ceratin amount???? And if so, isnt that a good thing to have a handbag that not everyone will have and that will always be in style?
I was told by the SA that only a certain amount were made and that's it. What that number is I don't know. I should have asked. It didn't occur to me.:suspiciou

jilltheory said:
Can you tell me which is nicer,the Medium Gaucho Dior bag or the Large double version??! I am trying to figure out which to get and am unsure which is nicer!
I saw both and liked the medium much better. The large one was awkward and bulky. The medium hangs just right and holds quite a bit. Here's a pic of my medium shoulder bag.