Dior exhibition

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
I don’t know how many of you are in the UK / close enough to London, but I saw an article about this today and thought it may be of interest to some of you :smile:
https://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/dior-designer-of-dreams
If it is like the exhibit with the same title from Paris over a year ago, then this exhibit will be out of this world!

We didn't get this in Toronto. Instead, we got a small exhibit of mostly locally-donated Dior gowns from the 50s at the Royal Ontario Museum. It was still nice to see, but it really pales in comparison to the exhibits in Paris and Australia for the 70th anniversary of the House of Dior in 2017.

Tonimichelle

It’s all about the bag!
Apr 9, 2013
If it is like the exhibit with the same title from Paris over a year ago, then this exhibit will be out of this world!

We didn't get this in Toronto. Instead, we got a small exhibit of mostly locally-donated Dior gowns from the 50s at the Royal Ontario Museum. It was still nice to see, but it really pales in comparison to the exhibits in Paris and Australia for the 70th anniversary of the House of Dior in 2017.
I noticed it because there was a picture of Princess Margaret on the front of the Times supplement with the article. I’m hoping they have dresses that belonged to her, but the V and A do mention a dress donated by Dame Margot Fonteyn amongst others so some really cool (to me anyway!) people and some beautiful dresses :smile: looking forward to visiting.

Reactions: averagejoe

JA_UK

Birkin Baby Yeaahhh!
O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
I don’t know how many of you are in the UK / close enough to London, but I saw an article about this today and thought it may be of interest to some of you :smile:
https://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/dior-designer-of-dreams

It is the same exhibition they had in Paris and that was amazing. I'm a member of V&A which is one of my favourite museums so I'm very much looking forward to the exhibition opening here :biggrin:

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Some pictures from WWD of the Christian Dior: Designer of Dreams at the V&A:
wwd_christian-dior_va_0322.jpg
wwd_christian-dior_va_0321.jpg
wwd_christian-dior_va_0282.jpg
wwd_christian-dior_va_0271.jpg
wwd_christian-dior_va_0266.jpg
wwd_christian-dior_va_0191.jpg