Dior exhibition at Colette

sonya

Feb 23, 2006
John Galliano is about to celebrate his 10-year anniversary at Dior, and so kickstarting the festivities in the style department are an extra-limited collection of the iconoclastic Saddle bags inspired by Galliano's travels across the globe: Argentina, China, Egypt, India, Japan, Russia, Mexico and beyond. The collection will grace the colette windows in a worldwide exclusive from December 4th-9th.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
dior.gif
[/FONT]

arggghh, okay i just called up the dior in manchester. the prices vary for the countries (because of the materials used) and they can't email me any pictures over the internet because it's strictly for viewing in stores. the catch of course is, i'll have to pre-order one, pay a deposit, head down to the store to see it and if i'd like some other country's saddle bag, they'd call up paris to do a swap. it's insane!

that said, the SA did give me a ballpark figure of about 2600pounds for the hollywood version. (it's the average price for those limited edition saddles)

he'll get back to me on it and apparently he claims that once the bag is sold, it's gone for good. are the saddle bags really THAT LIMITED?

i called up the dior in asia (singapore specifically) and they aren't bringing in the bags at all, in fact they were pretty clueless about it. so i don't know if these bags are even going to hit all the stores or a select few or any at all. i'm getting this feeling like all of them are just going to sit prettily in a nice safe backroom in their paris mothership and when an order comes in for them, they get sent to whichever dior boutique requested for them.

they're honestly beginning to sound like a mystery...